Bikers make their way south in down O...

Bikers make their way south in down Ocean Blvd. during the fally bike rally called

There are 534 comments on the Myrtle Beach Online story from Feb 27, 2009, titled Bikers make their way south in down Ocean Blvd. during the fally bike rally called. In it, Myrtle Beach Online reports that:

A group of motorcyclists could roar through Myrtle Beach on Saturday, protesting the city's new local helmet law, which goes into effect that day.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Myrtle Beach Online.

First Prev
of 27
Next Last
Ginger

Hilton Head Island, SC

#1 Feb 27, 2009
Not only should the bikers ride on Saturday...they should also ride to Broadway at the Beach and each bike take up ONE parking space!
Nice
No Dime in 09

Irmo, SC

#3 Feb 28, 2009
New Rules & Ordinances
Ordinances for Noise, Motorcycles, Alcohol Consumption, Property Management, Curfew and Accommodations
No loud mufflers. No straight pipes. No revving of engines or excessive noise.
Everyone on a motorcycle must wear a safety helmet and protective eyewear (glasses, goggles, face shield, etc.) at all times while the cycle is moving.
No more than two motorcycles allowed in a public parking space.
Curfew is in effect from 1:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. for juveniles under age 18, with certain exceptions. Violators are detained and parents are called.
No alcohol sales allowed after 2:00 a.m., unless the bar applies for and receives exemption.
No alcohol consumption or open container possession allowed in parking lots and garages of any business.
It is a crime not to pay the restaurant or not to leave your name and address if you dispute the bill, service or food.
No loitering allowed in posted parking lots of any business. No loitering allowed after hours in parking lots once the business is closed. Store parking is for customers, not parties.
No use of parking lots or landscaped areas of any business next to road or street for chairs, coolers, parties, drinking or food service.
Security standards are required for gas stations, convenience stores and stores with drive through service. No gathering or loitering is allowed in parking areas without contemporaneous commercial activity. Parking lots are for customers, not parties.
Parties responsible for permitted or unpermitted special events that require an extraordinary public response may be held financially responsible for the cost of that response.
No parking or storage of trailers and oversize vehicles is allowed on the street; parking for these vehicles is allowed only in approved parking or storage lots.
Photo identification required for hotel check-in; minors (under 18) cannot check in without parent or legal guardian present. All guests in a room must be identified. Parking hang tags required for all guest vehicles.

Deal with it or stay home....No more whining...
Mary

AOL

#4 Feb 28, 2009
This is not whining it is about how one is treated in MB. So before anyone jumps on we should obey the new laws why doesn't everyone obey the old laws. Tell me this isn't "do as I say not as I do"?

Just went down the 17 by pass and came back 17 business. What a bunch of CRAP. I counted three MB police cars before I saw the fourth one that had a biker pull over. Then coming back through the Base their were two MB police cars parked an one unmarked at the back gate. In the mean time no one stopped the thirty cars that turned on a NO TURN ON RED cars, no one stopped a car making an illegal turn and no one stopped everyone that was speeding. Is this Right, fair or just down right COMMUNISTIC?

Oh mind you we will abide by any laws always have but we shall also void MB as much as possible. So if you want pro bikers to stay home, those that live here will stay out of MB best of our ability.

Since: Sep 08

USA

#5 Feb 28, 2009
Is the ride today? If so, I missed it. Not a problem. Ill be down in a few weeks. See ya all soon.
No Dime in 09

Irmo, SC

#7 Feb 28, 2009
Mary wrote:
This is not whining it is about how one is treated in MB. So before anyone jumps on we should obey the new laws why doesn't everyone obey the old laws. Tell me this isn't "do as I say not as I do"?
Just went down the 17 by pass and came back 17 business. What a bunch of CRAP. I counted three MB police cars before I saw the fourth one that had a biker pull over. Then coming back through the Base their were two MB police cars parked an one unmarked at the back gate. In the mean time no one stopped the thirty cars that turned on a NO TURN ON RED cars, no one stopped a car making an illegal turn and no one stopped everyone that was speeding. Is this Right, fair or just down right COMMUNISTIC?
Oh mind you we will abide by any laws always have but we shall also void MB as much as possible. So if you want pro bikers to stay home, those that live here will stay out of MB best of our ability.
The bikers were DEFIANT and warned of their ride. Did they really think there would not be officers waiting for them?
If so they are dumber than I thought.

So what did the bikers prove? Beside donating $100 to MB city coffers and having to deal with court time and wasted legal representation?

Not a damm thing except strengthen MB resident's resolve to rid the community of these bikers and their "defiant ways". I don't understand who is leading these guys. You don't create harmony and empathy with defiance.
Get Real

Longs, SC

#8 Mar 1, 2009
What an ABSOLUTE JOKE yesterday was for the bikers. 200 came out, break the law, and then complain about getting tickets! The bikers made complete fools of themselves!

200 on Saturday, 150 in May. We are getting there!
Rich N Smart

Florence, SC

#9 Mar 1, 2009
Alert!! Alert!! Alert!!

This is for all the harley trash.

You see 200 of you get tickets for not playing by our rules.

You have no right to ride without helmets, only a privilege which you lost for bad behavior.

The loud pipes was your doom.

You lose.

We win.

These are the facts, Jack!

We know you lust to be in our city as it is very attractive, wonderful and magnificent but we have rules.

In order for us to be really great we must get rid of you harley trash people.

It's that simple.

So if you think you fit this characterization then listen up.

You are not welcome here anymore.

Stay out!

Myrtle Beach is very big and the outskirts is your place.

On the outskirts you can get close to Myrtle. It's almost like being there. Almost, but not the real thing.

You can adjust.
Tom

Windsor, Canada

#10 Mar 3, 2009
God Bless Tom McGrath. Keep up the good work, guys! Tie em up in court, clog their streets with their own law. One bike to a space.
Tom

Windsor, Canada

#11 Mar 3, 2009
Get Real wrote:
What an ABSOLUTE JOKE yesterday was for the bikers. 200 came out, break the law, and then complain about getting tickets! The bikers made complete fools of themselves!
200 on Saturday, 150 in May. We are getting there!
Just gettin warmed up. May is on the way!:)
Rich N Smart

Florence, SC

#12 Mar 3, 2009
Classified Ad: Wanted!

ima local harley biker and i want a good trailer to hawl my harley to New Burn fur tha rally.

i stays in myrtle beech and never road very far sinse tha rally always cums here.

i aint wana break donw sumware in North Caroliner sinse I ride a harley yu no.

i aint neva licked myrtle beech anyhow. i ben sayin all along fur 17 yaers its a dump anyhow.

boy thay gona be sory. i just got my tax money and dats $230 thay aint gona git.

call br549
Tom

Windsor, Canada

#13 Mar 3, 2009
Rich N Smart wrote:
ima local harley biker and i want a good trailer to hawl my harley to New Burn fur tha rally.
i stays in myrtle beech and never road very far sinse tha rally always cums here.
i aint wana break donw sumware in North Caroliner sinse I ride a harley yu no.
i aint neva licked myrtle beech anyhow. i ben sayin all along fur 17 yaers its a dump anyhow.
boy thay gona be sory. i just got my tax money and dats $230 thay aint gona git.
call br549

Medical help needed for delusional, multi-personality disorder patient. Goes by such aliases as Rich N Smart, No Dime In 09, Let Them Fail, Truth Be Told, Jinx's Face, New Barn In 09, among many others. Needs phsychotherapy regarding sex/gender issues. Only experienced professionals need apply

Since: Sep 08

USA

#14 Mar 3, 2009
Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
Medical help needed for delusional, multi-personality disorder patient. Goes by such aliases as Rich N Smart, No Dime In 09, Let Them Fail, Truth Be Told, Jinx's Face, New Barn In 09, among many others. Needs phsychotherapy regarding sex/gender issues. Only experienced professionals need apply
LMAO!!!!! Thats a funny. I didn't know he was so many people, Now that kills it off for me. Its spoiled for me now. I got know one to play with now. I guess Ill go wash my bike.
NEW BERN in 09

Irmo, SC

#15 Mar 3, 2009
C-YA Enjoy NC
NEW BERN in 09

Irmo, SC

#16 Mar 3, 2009
Never to Old wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!!!!! Thats a funny. I didn't know he was so many people, Now that kills it off for me. Its spoiled for me now. I got know one to play with now. I guess Ill go wash my bike.
Don't forget your tooth brush
danny

Irmo, SC

#17 Mar 4, 2009
rich and clueless. you dont even live in m.b. you disgust me.
Tom

Windsor, Canada

#19 Mar 4, 2009
Never to Old wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, he thinks he fools people. When he gets outed, he throws a hissy fit and hits new depths of depravity about people's mothers and driving over bikers. He needs to be locked up and heavily sedated.
I Run Over Bikers

Durham, NC

#20 Mar 6, 2009
Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
Just gettin warmed up. May is on the way!:)
what the **** a wouldn't bind taking my truck and running over Tom's momma in her wheelchair ... then take a piss on what is left of the old hag.

looking forward watching bikers taking a spill on concreate this may !!!!!

WAIT ..... THATS RIGHT NO BIKERS ARE COMING AND THE ONES THAT DO COME WILL BE TICKETED ARRESTED AND PISSED ON BY LOCALS ...
Barnslayer

Windsor, Canada

#21 Mar 6, 2009
I Run Over Bikers wrote:
<quoted text>
what the **** a wouldn't bind taking my truck and running over Tom's momma in her wheelchair ... then take a piss on what is left of the old hag.
looking forward watching bikers taking a spill on concreate this may !!!!!
WAIT ..... THATS RIGHT NO BIKERS ARE COMING AND THE ONES THAT DO COME WILL BE TICKETED ARRESTED AND PISSED ON BY LOCALS ...
Out of material so soon, Barn? Time for the mama jokes, eh Oh Sick One? Lmfao!
NIGHTSHIFT

Myrtle Beach, SC

#22 Mar 6, 2009
That is not barn. That is the other fool. This one is a true a twisted loser and we never waste time on, or encourage this very sick loser. I remember some one once had a post about not wanting to go eat out during certain bike events because of all the leather and bad language, but I can assure you that it was not this freak from Durham, whom most of us have little doubt loves leather and fowl language.
NIGHTSHIFT

Myrtle Beach, SC

#23 Mar 7, 2009
Bikers Eat Pavement wrote:
NOTHING BETTER THAN TAGGING SOME BIKER LAST YEAR ON 17 AND WATCHING HIS BIKER LOSE CONTROL AND THE SCARED LOOK ON HIS FACE WAS PRICELESS.
CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU FOLKS TO COME .. ITS HILARIOUS TO SEE YOU BAD BOYS TURN WHITE AS A GHOST TRYING TO KEEP YOUR BIKES FROM HITTING THE PAVEMENT ....!!!
• The difference between Horry County and Myrtle Beach.
Horry County did not tell people that if they did not like it then they could just leave, and they did not threaten to impound people’s 20 to 120 thousand dollars motorcycles with a tow truck. They did not write those original rediculess ordinances that included some unreasonable 82db very low idle 20 inch from exhaust, standing still noise test that their own police bikes, could not pass. We have figured out a lot of things, and we know that many people hated our plans to have a Boycott, with out really staying out of Myrtle Beach. You know Boycott and ride. But just incase that did not cause enough disharmony, and financial burden, we thought that just maybe some of the younger, wilder, angrier people that have had enough of all the threats and false accusations might just even want to reap havoc with chaos and Anarchy, or anything else that would cost officials time and money. Hence, Boycott and Anarchy. But most if not all of the Harley Bikers, that have been Judged, slandered, put down and lied about, are nothing more than, good honest, hard working, expectable, responsible, productive members of society. These bikers do not want any part of any anarchy or anything else that would tarnish their image as ordinary Americans that just happen to love motorcycles and they truly do care about their fellow man. We are not the ones spreading the hate; spawn by all the unwarranted fear. The bikers do not want any part of any radical and un-necessary violence or destruction. So the Anarchy part of it just kind of died out. I feel confident that given enough time these whiners like the ones on all the blogs will eventually push even the more passive resistors over the edge or at the very least Mayor Rhodes and his town manager will find a way to cause Atlantic Beach to ignite a powder keg with the black bikers. Once they realize that they have been thrown under the bus by Mayor Rhodes and the town of Atlantic Beaches secret money negations, to end black bike week then everything will blow up. So I know that none of the hater’s words are directed at me, especially since I have always tried, to be friendly and fair to all people. Remember that this soap opera is not even close to being over. So to all you haters I can only say thanks. Keep up the good work, because with people like you, the bikers hardly have to do a thing. We can just sit back and watch you fools self destruct. So stay tuned to for more As the Beach Burns.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 27
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Murrells Inlet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Unknown Red Lights In Sky over Myrtle Beach (Jun '11) Wed Bluss 176
teenage thugs at myrtle beach Aug 14 john 5
American Trade Aug 12 Customer 2
real estate in carolina forest area Aug 12 New to the area 3
Building permit enforcement? Aug 12 Jon 1
News Liberty House wants SC port to stay open Aug 7 Jay 1
fishing Aug 6 Ky2scfish 2

Murrells Inlet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance