No arrests in two reported rapes at L...

No arrests in two reported rapes at Laurelwood Hospital

There are 38 comments on the www.gainesvilletimes.com story from Jan 16, 2009, titled No arrests in two reported rapes at Laurelwood Hospital. In it, www.gainesvilletimes.com reports that:

No arrests have been made in the investigation of two reported rapes at the Laurelwood Hospital mental health residential center alleged to have occurred last weekend.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.gainesvilletimes.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ruger

United States

#21 Feb 4, 2009
aLifeUncommon wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have me confused with someone else. I've never worked at a pharmacy and I do not work in Buford.
That's not what you said a couple of years ago on the College Football forum.

And no. You are the only one on here with that name.

Since: Feb 09

Winston, GA

#22 Feb 4, 2009
DUB wrote:
So the two of you think this because I disapprove of rape, or I disapprove of the rapes at Laurelwood, or because I believe that there are entirleytwo many rapes at one facility to call them isolated incidents that the facility is somewhat responsible for.
we both disagree with rape you said they were all crazy that is not so

DUB

Since: Mar 08

North East Ga

#23 Feb 5, 2009
well define crazy? having a mental problem. which person there does not have a mental problem.
Ruger

United States

#24 Feb 5, 2009
clermont wrote:
<quoted text>we both disagree with rape you said they were all crazy that is not so
Yes they are crazy in the definition of. They are sick in the head. Therfore, they are crazy.

Now doctor, if you think you can psycologically cure a rapist, I would like to hear that.

DUB

North East Ga

#25 Feb 5, 2009
Ohh I can cure a rapist, one finger, one trigger, one bullet, one second. Problem cured.

Winston, GA

#26 Feb 6, 2009
DUB wrote:
Ohh I can cure a rapist, one finger, one trigger, one bullet, one second. Problem cured.
good job one gone what about the rest.ohh

DUB

North East Ga

#27 Feb 6, 2009
Just need that same finger, that same trigger, one more bullet, and one more second. Second problem cured. Same finger, same trigger, one more bullet. one more second, third problem cured. See a pattern forming.

Winston, GA

#28 Feb 6, 2009
DUB wrote:
Just need that same finger, that same trigger, one more bullet, and one more second. Second problem cured. Same finger, same trigger, one more bullet. one more second, third problem cured. See a pattern forming.
good job
someone

Lilburn, GA

#29 Jun 26, 2009
I'll be the first to say not everyone in laurelwood was nuts. Everyone goes through crap in life, just some people handle it differently. I've known a couple of people that went there as well as *gasp* myself. I was there back in 06, and i can tell from personal experience that a sexual assault did happen while i was actually staying there. Thankfully, i'm not the kind of girl that flirts and such so i didn't happen to me personally, but to other girls in our hall.
Overall, besides that though, laurelwood really isn't that bad. Compared to most Mental hospitals it's actually quite good. And when put up against Summit Ridge in Lawrenceville, Laurelwood pwns.
the Cuckoos Nest

Atlanta, GA

#31 Jul 6, 2009
Laurelwood is not safe! A professional treatment facility would protect patients from other dangerous patients. Obviously Laurelwood does not do this!
joe

Amherst, OH

#32 Dec 3, 2012
who did it need names!!!!!!!!!!

DUB

North East Ga

#34 Jan 28, 2013
Well a thread that is almost 4 years old has resurfaced in my messages. Seems some coward named Blackshirt from Colorado has decided because I referred to residents and patients of a mental health treatment facility as "nuts" I am a bad person. And as a result decided to threaten me "when he comes to Georgia" to see his family.
He had no objection to the rape problem in this facility, or the lack of security, or the excessive amount of cover ups. He didn't like me calling the place a "nut house".
I guess that shows me where his intentions lie.
And as a cap, I invited him to come visit, and he declined because he was too busy...... well doing something because he never would answer any questions about himself. He bragged about things other people did, or that he could have done, but never anything he did.
Just amazed at how a story about young women being sexually assaulted and violated, and then, if you followed, covered up, would have anyone focusing on the terminology used to describe a mental health facility.
And that my friends is the problem with the world today..... people want everyone to be free to express their opinion, until it conflicts with theirs.
Typical Liberal mantra "Agree with me or shut up"
Shining some light

Clarkesville, GA

#35 Mar 2, 2013
I can tell that in my opinion this facility is an accident waiting to happen. If you go to to er for anxiety or depression or substance abuse asking for help Dont go to North East Georgia. If you have no insurance the Er will very sneakily strip the patient down take all there belongings, understadibly so for security reasons. Then a doctor will convince them to be 1013'd saying sorry its the only way we can help you. At that point you are a ward of the state and will be held for 72 hours. Once they leave you in a gown no undergarments men and woman are held at laurelwood in a room with no cameras. They are told to sit in a recliner and wait for a state bed. The person I know was not suicidal or crazy just wanted help getting off opoids after a surgery. There is a little window you can go up to and very rudely they will say we dont know where you are going it could be all the way to South Ga or Tennessee. If you get antsy they give you an adivan. The person I know had a guy almost fall on her and another girl standing up with his penis flopping out. She said half the time if you went to the window either someone was reading a magazine or no one would be there. She was detained for 24 hours in this holding facility afraid and frightened because no one would tell her anything while everyone is in there with no under garments. This is a disgusting way to treat anyone. Even in jail you get a jumpsuit. So you tell me who's crazy. Any facility that would put anyone in this situation is waiting for a rape to occur.
jma

United States

#36 Jul 7, 2013
2011 July 3 I went for an assessment and was held against my will in they said that a person in the lobby said that I was suicidal person made me 10 dash 13. Only I knew what happened to me and for anyone to say that a mentally ill person is a liar whenever something like that happened to them might want to go get them self checkout. No matter what the situation you should feel safe environment like that not be attacked, sexually assaulted, and then sit somewhere for 72 hours and so all the bruises and marks go away. I promise I won't give up until someone good feel for what they've done to me. My goal is to make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else.
jma

United States

#37 Jul 7, 2013
DUB wrote:
Right, people go to a mental health, drug rehab program because they are perfectly sane?
I went for a referral for outpatient treatment and was hold that a person in the lobby said I told him I was suicidal. So, you may need to open your mind a little bit and see that there is something going on here or there. There too many people that are claiming the same exact thing happened to him at that place, and no telling how many are just too scared to say something because of the exact reason that you said because we're not perfectly sane. I pray for you to open your mind, and accept possibility that people pray on others in our situation. I went there for an assessment and ended up getting traumatized for the rest of my life. I will never be the same, but I will never give uptwo men are put away for what they did to me
jma

United States

#38 Jul 7, 2013
joe wrote:
who did it need names!!!!!!!!!!
when I asked for names I was told by the only female that showed up after the crime was committed that's the only thing she could tell me is his name is Stacy, and when my fiance call called the facility and ask if a person with that name work there he was told that they cannot release that information. I know that I will say the same judgment that has been posted on the comments posted here but that doesn't scare me was scared me is that this society does not think that this really goes on. The people that did it to me were wearing security guard outfit, which is led me to believe that they're actually either guards of the hospital or of Laurel wood itself but I will never forget their faces 80 years from now I could identify them.
jma

United States

#39 Jul 7, 2013
Hello wrote:
<quoted text> Nope you just seem to have spent time there before thats all.Nothing sinister!
either that or he is one of the ones involved. I'm seriously starting to question that... How can you defend something you know nothing about, and say that mental illness is something that makes people liars and when you put yourself in a situation like that to get help that's not mentally ill that someone that's trying to move forward in better life. Maybe he should take a look in the mirror I'm disgusted by his comment and it makes me realize that I have a lot to face in all of it but I will not give up. I am pregnant and they knew it, yes I did not stop the physical and sexual abuse. But, I will do everything in my power to you and my fiance witnessed, in heard my scresms from the waiting room and try to bust the door down kama if they were doing nothing wrong then why did they not call security when he did that that is a breach of security and he could have been jail for that it's because they have something to hide. Coincidently my paperwork its MIAand their security camera malfunctioned the night that my incident occurred. Wow what a coincidenceeither way they cannot produce the documents that not for house I signed and actually changed their story several times. I'll be the one that shut that place down with got behind me and evidence at that place is exactly what the people before me have clamied it is a horror house. they take advantage of the fact that people are coming there willingly for help and say that they are suicidal when there's no way I would ever say that pregnant with a amazing fiance in a wonderful teacher ahead of me. Open your mind people this place needs to be shut down and the two men that did this to me punish and the man that hurts these girls before also need to be punished but judgement day will come its just sad that maybe if they were stop then it would have never happened to me too.
Niki

Snellville, GA

#40 Nov 18, 2014
DUB wrote:
<quoted text>What allegation? three of the last five were confirmed with arrest, confession, and convictions. now we have an arrest in one of these rapes. What do you believe the "allegations are".
Niki here, my 14 yr. old g.daugther was there for a wk w/depression and no self cofindence. I am just seeing this (Nov 2014) because I am filling out her disability report review. When I told her what I had read on this site she got VERY UPSET because she had a incendent there also. But didn't want me to know because she knew I would get upset. Are there others still coming out when they see this, because they are seeing that they weren't the only ones? And did anyone sue so the person's raped could get counseling payed for this happening to them, because of there lack of security and responsibilties to there patience.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Murrayville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Major problems with Vanilla Visa Gift Cards (Dec '09) Aug 1 Dramatization 862
Elvis Lee Clark aka Ernest T Bass (Apr '12) Jul 30 Kay Samples 16
News State lawmakers expecting contentious 2016 session Jul 28 humanspirit 1
BRYAN Keith PAYNE AND JESSICA S. PAYNE Jul 26 Information 1
Dawsonville pool room (Jun '14) Jul 24 jakiepoo 6
News Jury to begin deliberation Wednesday in felony ... Jul 24 John Nathaniel Wi... 1
News Man charged with DUI, giving false name to officer Jun '15 redneck 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Murrayville Mortgages