|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

FB wants your cash wrote:
Flowery Branch police is all about the revenue. They certainly aren't doing anything to "protect and serve!"
Sounds very familiar.

DUB

Since: Mar 08

North East Ga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Frustrated wrote:
<quoted text>
Go to your Flowery Branch and ask for a jury trial. Flowery Branch cannot provide this so they have to send it to state court. At that point the fines you would pay go to the state of Georgia rather than the city of Flowery Branch. They will not like it but they are required to comply.
Flowery Branch is only interested in the revenue for themselves.
If it is "bound over" or transfered to state court, all fines still are paid to Flowery Branch, with the exception of state mandated fees in every court, no money is paid to the state from court fines in city or state court.
And before you break out the Bathroom law degree, the reason that Flowery Branch must transfer to State Court is to verify that the accused is allowed to have the case heard by an outside criminal justice agency. In any city the police, courts, and adminstrators are city employees. In the state court system, the police can be state, city, county, or private (ie..campus police) and the state court judge is a seperate agency seperate of the law enforcement officers. It eliminates the small town system that existed years ago. However the fines still go to the city.
The largest difference is the fine schedule and the court cost schedule of the different courts. And depending on the charge you can pay up to three times as much or less in state court over city court. Plus in city court you always have the option of pleading to the equivilant city ordinace charge and avoiding a traffic violation history.
Fed up with FB Cops

Newnan, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

Judged:

I am so fed up with the crooked Flowery Branch Cops pulling me over for nothing! I've had more tickets here in the last 6 months than I've had driving for 35 years! First time I got pulled over was because my TAG LIGHT was out! Second time, was for a "rolling stop". I know I stopped at that damn sign, I always do stop, look and then proceed, but hey, it's my word against his isn't it? Not only did he give me a ticket for that, but he also gave me a ticket for not having my drivers license changed to my new address. Before he wrote the ticket, he told me that I was supposed to get it changed within 30 days of my move. I told him that I did not know that and that I would have it changed. He gave me a ticket for it anyway saying that I failed to have it changed after 60 days. I asked him how was I suppose to know that and he said "I honestly don't know". What a bastard! I'm so so sick of these damn cops it's not even funny. I just started a new job after being unemployed for 2 years. I do not have any money and I struggle daily just to survive. I'm moving next month from the God forsaken town and I will NEVER spend my hard earned dollars here again!!!!!!! I HATE THE FB COPS!!!!!!!!!!
Agreed

Flowery Branch, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

Judged:

I do not usually comment but I must in this case. I will first say that I trust and believe in the law and I am certain the FB Police do want to protect us. BUT....THE SO CALLED COURT OR HEARING IS NOT ON THE UP AND UP. My daughter received a ticket after bumping into someone. The ticket was for following too close and it was deserved. However, she went to court to plead nolo and still pay her fine. The ticket was not signed by the officer but I still told her to be respectful and pay the ticket. I was not allowed in since she was older than 17. When she went in, the policeman noticed the ticket was unsigned, he showed his superior, WHO THEN WROTE A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT AND NEW TICKET FOR GOING TOO FAST FOR CONDITIONS. She was not allowed to plead "nolo" and was instructed to pay fees for "searching" as well. Her car was not searched. They made her pay cash only and was not given a receipt. Of course no cell phones were allowed in to catch any of this. Her fine was way more than it should have been. I DID NOT KNOW THAT THEY WERE ALLOWED TO WRITE A COMPLETELY NEW TICKET DURING COURT AND CHANGE THE ACTUAL REASON FOR THE TICKET. That clearly seems wrong. My daughter said she just didn't want to say a word because the two other people ahead of her that complained to the judge were sent to jail. Of course, the officer did not know the name of the Judge.

DUB

North East Ga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Agreed wrote:
I do not usually comment but I must in this case. I will first say that I trust and believe in the law and I am certain the FB Police do want to protect us. BUT....THE SO CALLED COURT OR HEARING IS NOT ON THE UP AND UP. My daughter received a ticket after bumping into someone. The ticket was for following too close and it was deserved. However, she went to court to plead nolo and still pay her fine. The ticket was not signed by the officer but I still told her to be respectful and pay the ticket. I was not allowed in since she was older than 17. When she went in, the policeman noticed the ticket was unsigned, he showed his superior, WHO THEN WROTE A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT AND NEW TICKET FOR GOING TOO FAST FOR CONDITIONS. She was not allowed to plead "nolo" and was instructed to pay fees for "searching" as well. Her car was not searched. They made her pay cash only and was not given a receipt. Of course no cell phones were allowed in to catch any of this. Her fine was way more than it should have been. I DID NOT KNOW THAT THEY WERE ALLOWED TO WRITE A COMPLETELY NEW TICKET DURING COURT AND CHANGE THE ACTUAL REASON FOR THE TICKET. That clearly seems wrong. My daughter said she just didn't want to say a word because the two other people ahead of her that complained to the judge were sent to jail. Of course, the officer did not know the name of the Judge.
I won't argue about the facts of the case, but I will try to explain a few things that happened that you are mistaken about. The reason the ticket was re-written was in order to close the case quickly when your daughter plead NOLO. Had it not been done that way (which is perfectly legal) then the only other means would have been to go to magistrate court and swear out an arrest warrant for your daughter, have her arrested, then process her case in state court. The supervisor and officer actually prevented that by re-issuing a citation.
Secondly, the fee for "searching" is not correct, it was sur-charges, which are included in every case by law. They are fees for court, state fees for processing the violators license, and fees that the state has determined go to special groups or divisions (like DOHTSA, and GOHS). It was not a search charge but a surcharge. I can understand how you would or your daughter would be confused.
Lastly, the fines amount are set by the judge and the state, not the city. Believe me, the city would love for the max fine of 1000 dollars to be issued in each case. That would boost revenue. However the state sets a max and minimum fine and the judge applies it as he sees fit. He cannot exceed or fall below the state mandates. As long as the fine for your daughter was less than 1000 dollars it was'nt to high.

DUB

North East Ga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

Agreed wrote:
And sorry, the new charge of too fase for conditions was also a break for your daughter, it is very similar to following too closely, but it is a no points, non reporting (insurance) violation. The code section for each is similar and both can be used in a rear end collision case. Not only can the officer change the charge, the judge also has that option, as does the prosecutor depending on the point your case has reached in the criminal trial process.
Agreed

Flowery Branch, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

DUB..thanks for your input and information. Some of what you say makes sense and anytime information is coming from a "teenager" I know it is most likely not the "whole" truth. However, she truly left there believing what I told in this thread is what happened.I spoke to several people who did not believe this to be appropriate and had never heard of this happening.

That said, maybe some of this could be resolved by allowing a parent in so they can explain to the "teens" what actually occurred and then preventing further "misconceptions" about the police department. We have family in law enforcement and I want her to respect law enforcement officers and the law. This experience did not help. I wanted this to be a lesson to her that you have to pay your fines and suffer consequences even in an accident. Right up until she walked in there it was working. I appreciate your input and explanations. If this is as you say, I wish it was explained to her in more detail at the time, taking into considerations how scared she was, and maybe she would have left with more respect for law enforcement rather than less.
Corrupt PD in FB

Sharpsburg, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

I will admit to speeding and own up to my fine, however in this case I was NOT speeding. In fact I was not moving at all when a car slammed into the back of me forcing me to hit the car in front of me. The Flowery Branch scumbag PD were called. No one in any of the 3 cars were hurt thankfully. After waiting at the scene for over an hour, I was given a ticket even though I was the car hit. I couldn't believe I got a ticket! I was stopped and not even moving. When you get a ticket in FB, you have to appear on traffic court. So I go and wait in a line of 200+ people just to have to pay a fine even though I was hit causing $6,000 to my car! These cops and especially the judge( scumbag) are so corrupt it disgusts me! I can't believe they are getting away with this. Their fines are absolutely ridiculous for minor offenses. These PD will bleed you dry!! Beware when you are driving( or sitting waiting to be rear ended) in this city.
Reality

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

Judged:

Please appeal your case to state court. First of all there you will get a fair hearing. I doubt you will in Flowery Branch. Second of all, if you do pay a fine, it will go to the state of Georgia and not to Flowery Branch!!!

Flowery Branch cops are city revenue thugs in uniforms. It's nothing more than organized crime.
BMW

Gainesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

I love it how people who have absolutely no idea what it's like to be a law enforcement officer, much less, have the guts to do it, come on to websites like this and have the "guts" complain about things they have no clue about. Break the law, recieve a ticket. All of FBPD have cameras in their vehicles, subpoena the video. Seems pretty simple to me.

Since: Mar 13

Clinchfield, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

As a former fb cop I can verify that revenue is the primary motivator for 9writing tickets in that city. Chief was always complaing about the judge handing out small fines. The dept was corrupt in its disciplinary practices with double standards benefitting their friends that they hired from Hall County SO. Any dept worth anything would not hire friends - believe me, because I've asked many cops from different depts. It was good advice to waive any and all cases on to state court. Don't give this dept one dime of your money. In case your wondering why would another cop give this advice here it is. I left the dept because of extreme politics, and since then I have become a libertarian. I regret many of the tickets I wrote and also regret taking a few people to jail. Our society is becoming a fascist police state which is why I am no longer not interested in the profession. Also, I have a clean record. I am just not a fascist.

DUB

North East Ga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

jmcloud wrote:
As a former fb cop I can verify that revenue is the primary motivator for 9writing tickets in that city. Chief was always complaing about the judge handing out small fines. The dept was corrupt in its disciplinary practices with double standards benefitting their friends that they hired from Hall County SO. Any dept worth anything would not hire friends - believe me, because I've asked many cops from different depts. It was good advice to waive any and all cases on to state court. Don't give this dept one dime of your money. In case your wondering why would another cop give this advice here it is. I left the dept because of extreme politics, and since then I have become a libertarian. I regret many of the tickets I wrote and also regret taking a few people to jail. Our society is becoming a fascist police state which is why I am no longer not interested in the profession. Also, I have a clean record. I am just not a fascist.
As much as I may doubt your true motives for leaving, or being asked to leave, it is nice to know you no longer not gonna be teaching English...

Since: Mar 13

Warm Springs, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

DUB wrote:
<quoted text>
As much as I may doubt your true motives for leaving, or being asked to leave, it is nice to know you no longer not gonna be teaching English...
DUB, I texted it and my phone doesn't make it easy to check for all grammatical errors. I left for extreme redneck politics and I am not interested in getting back into it because politics is rampant in law enforcement and I am not interested in citing an individual or stripping them of their freedom for victimless crimes.
FB Resident

Flowery Branch, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

BMW wrote:
I love it how people who have absolutely no idea what it's like to be a law enforcement officer, much less, have the guts to do it, come on to websites like this and have the "guts" complain about things they have no clue about. Break the law, recieve a ticket. All of FBPD have cameras in their vehicles, subpoena the video. Seems pretty simple to me.
It is true, we have "no idea what it is to be a law enforcement officer". I only know what it is to be the victim of a corrupt police department. I suppose you have a better idea for citizens that disagree with their treatment. As I have last checked, I am entitled to the right of free speech!!

DUB

North East Ga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

jmcloud wrote:
<quoted text>
DUB, I texted it and my phone doesn't make it easy to check for all grammatical errors. I left for extreme redneck politics and I am not interested in getting back into it because politics is rampant in law enforcement and I am not interested in citing an individual or stripping them of their freedom for victimless crimes.
Sir, Politics are rampant in all aspects of life. Office politics, back room deals, church, school, trash collection, good ol' boy, and yes even in government. Every job in every sector of life is awash with political or self serving rhetoric. Most of the people who complain about it are those who are trying to play but are refused, or those who have been on the losing side. Very very rarely do the true believers quit and walk away. Why? Because the true believer is also a politician for his side. Just as the corrupt is a politician for his. Law enforcement is the same as every other facet of life. The honest and forthright stand fast and protect the innocent while the dishonest profit and gain from them. It is the luke warm, fence rider who is usually the most vocal. He switches sides, calls names, accuses without proof, and when asked to or offered a chance to make his accusations heard, will become mute. Mr. JMCloud, revel us with examples and witness you have to the "facist" acts, and while your at it, explain a "victimless crime"? Please sir!!
jmcloud

Lilburn, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Ok, it is impossible to provide facts in this forum, but I will give you detailed accounts of extreme politics in that small dept. These events directly benefitted the cops that the Chief considered friends most of whom he hired from the Hall County S.O. First cop - the cop who controlled the K-9 worked with the chief in Hall County S.O. in investigations. 1st event - He was cheating on his wife. He went over to his mistress' house and saw that her ex was there. He demanded the ex to leave, but the ex wouldn't leave so the cop called dispatch and said that a violent act was going to occur if he doesn't leave. 2nd event - He was doing part time work with the K-9 at the airport and falsified his timesheet. This is theft, and was not fired or suspended. 3rd event - The dumb ass lost the dog, and informed the chief that he was still going on vacation despite not finding the dog. The chief told him to find the dog first before he went on vacation but did not. The chief and his best friend and 2nd in command who he hired from Hall Count S.O. found the dog tied to a tree a mile from the cops house. This led to his firing only because it involved an expensive asset such as a K-9 unit. The falsifying timesheet? Not so bad in the mind of the Flowery Branch P.D.
Second cop - Close personal friend of the first cop mentioned. 1st event - He impregnated a 17 yr old Flowery Branch H.S. student. At 17 you are considered a legal adult in Ga so it isn't a crime, but it is safe to say that it violates the city policy of living an unsullied life which is any conduct which can bring shame, humiliation and embarrassment to the city govt of Flowery Branch. Oh, and the cop was 41 yrs old. That is why it is a violation of that policy. A 41 yr old cop impregnating a 17 yr old Flowery Branch H.S. student violates that policy. 2nd event - Went around town writing bad checks which he got fired for.
Third cop - wasn't hired by the Chief, but was considered a personal friend because the chief felt indebted to him for showing him around town when first hired as chief. He didn't do anything that any other cop wouldn't do. 1st event - During a cop and as a corporal lied to another cop stating he was under investigation when he wasn't. Nothing happened to him. 2nd event - lied to another cop to get out of attending a drug identification class and have that other cop take his spot in the class stating his live in girlfriend with a broken leg needed him, but actually it was to attend the Falcons Monday Night Football game. 3rd event - made statement to Hall County SO cops on the south end that he would blank the blank out of the chief's daughter. These Hall County cops informed the chief about it, but nothing happened except to be ignored for about a month. It's called creating hostile work environment. 4th event - this cop impregnated a married dispatcher, again, violating the city policy of living an unsullied life. 5th event - claimed he was suicidal one morning on shift. Had to immediately turn is gun in and see a psychiatrist over a span of approximately 2 months. In addition to all these other events he still wasn't fired. A cop with emotional instability and his history of lying and creating a hostile work environment still isn’t fired? In a big dept, these events are not felt or even known, but in a small 12 man dept these events were known and were not addressed in an efficient, professional, and ethical manner. The chief has retired and his best friend and hunting partner has been promoted and their mutual best friend and other hunting partner who has a serious anger problem has also been promoted. During these events the top 3 positions in the dept were all best friends from Hall County S.O.. Politics is rampant? I don’t care. It doesn’t mean I have to accept it.
jmcloud

Lilburn, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

As far as the fascist remarks that was directed to law enforcement in general. I now hold to the strict belief that role of govt is to protect a person from another person and that if it doesn’t threaten or violate another person’s rights then it shouldn’t be illegal. Someone in possession of marijuana is not threatening or violating anybody’s constitutional rights. You may consider it a sin, but just because it maybe sinful doesn’t mean it needs to be illegal. That is called legislating morality and that is a denial of freedom. Freedom is all encompassing. However, many people claim they are for freedom as long as it is in alignment with their religious beliefs. That is not freedom. Freedom allows anyone to conduct themselves in any way they desire as long as it doesn’t violate other people’s constitutional rights. Someone in possession of pot in their pocket while driving or smoking pot in their home is not violating anybody’s rights, and it shouldn’t be illegal. I do believe in the enforcement of DUI of drugs but that is because driving under the influence of drugs is a threat to other people’s constitutional rights. The main reason why marijuana is illegal is that it is actually healthy due it anti oxidant composition which threatens the profits of the pharmaceutical industry. It prevents and helps cure cancer. It cures kids with ADD who are failing everything in school because they can’t sit down and also disrupt the class. It helps with women who are bi polar by balancing them out. Yes, it can be abused like everything else in the world, but its illegalization just results in an unnecessarily high crime and murder rate. My current subdivision has two known dealers in it. Every Saturday night at about 1000 pm traffic comes in and out of their driveways. It is obvious. They bother nobody. I live in a nice quiet middle class neighborhood so don’t make accusations that I live in the hood. Prohibition of drugs hasn’t stopped anybody from their use. This entire nation is covered up in drugs despite its illegal status. The illegalization of drugs has done nothing but led to the stripping of constitutional rights. If it doesn’t violate your rights then it shouldn’t be illegal.
Another point about the fascist police state is the speed limit statute. There is a Reckless Driving statute and Speeding statute. Reckless Driving is defined as driving in such a manner where you present yourself and your vehicle as physical threat to the other drivers and pedestrians on or near the roadway. This is a valid law because it is to protect others from the actions of another. On the other hand, Speeding is defined as going faster than the posted speed limit, and you can’t be pulled over until you reach 10mph over the posted speed limit. So you have a nine mph cushion with the exception of Ga State Patrol. So my point is what is the purpose of the speeding statute when by definition you are not violating anybody’s constitutional rights like you are under the Reckless Driving statute. I have never thought going 85mph on the highway is violating anybody’s rights; unless the flow of traffic is going 45mph then 85mph would and should be considered Reckless Driving. Many people follow the cliché of “speed kills”, but that is only true if you go 20mph over the posted speed limit because that is how the reckless driving statute is defined. The “speed kills” cliché carries no weight under the speeding statute.

DUB

North East Ga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

To cover the first area of your pointless rant, the fist two officers that you mentioned were fired when the acts you listed (which I have first hand knowledge of and you are no where close to the truth or facts). They did wrong are were fired. What more could they do, besides bring criminal charges, which under Garrity, could not be brought with information that they provided the department. The third officer, besides being a jerk, did not create a hostile work environment by speaking to other officers from other agencies about the Chief, if the Chief did not feel a hostile workplace existed. The mere fact you raise these cases with less than the whole truth leads one to believe you make your decisions about others from gossip and innuendo.
You then discuss victimless crimes such as speeding and marijuana possession. Firstly, speeding is a regulatory statute that the state may impose as they regulate the roadways which they own. You have no absolute right to drive or use the roadways. It is a privilege given to you by the state and county. Driving is not a right. Traveling is a right, however your ability to operate a vehicle on another's property is not.
The speed limit is not a crime against others, but simply a rule to prevent damage and injury to others as a rule that excessive speed causes accidents. Which the state bears part of the cost for in medical and trauma expenses. You are equating a regulatory statute to a criminal statute.
Speed laws are no different than insurance or red light laws. Do you believe red lights and stop signs to be useless victimless crime laws. You would till some one ran one and hit you.
And how is DUI of drugs different than speeding if no one wrecks. It is a regulatory law.
As far as marijuana possession laws are concerned, you make a valid point that chemicals in the drugs help people with affilictions. However those chemicals are available in a legal form, but no one wants to use them because of the lack of a high. It does not however help prevent or cure cancer and your perpetuation of that myth is ludicrous. Marijuana has no antioxidant property when it is smoked. Come with something better than this drivel.
jmcloud

Lilburn, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

They did wrong multiple times and were eventually fired. Other cops were broke policy on a lesser levels were threatened to be fired or suspended for 2 weeks, but to the credit of other supervisors who were not blind sheep to the Chief voiced their opposition to his disciplinary tactics, but once he "squeezed" them out for his close personal friends from Hall County S.O. the extreme favoritism went into an unchecked high gear. I am not concerned about pressing charges for the reasons they were fired. The first one got fired for losing the dog and not finding it before he left for vacation. Not a crime, just a unprofessional attitude toward the job which potentially could have cost the dept a lot. Granted, he was fired for it, but why not for the falsifying timesheets? However, the cop you described as being a jerk was never fired. With no exceptions, a cop should be fired if he claims he is suicidal and is ordered to seek counsel with a psychiatrist for 2 months. How do you feel that a cop who admitted to having suicidal thoughts was allowed to go back to patrol and make traffic stops and take people's freedom from them? If the chief at the time didn't allow his weak ass personality to be manipulated then he would have been fired. I just remembered another lie this cop told, but this time it was to the chief. It was during our court night, and he told the chief he couldn’t be there any longer because of depression due to breaking with his girlfriend. He was not depressed. He was aware that he impregnated the married dispatcher and had been making plans to marry her so he was not depressed. He just didn’t want to be at court and fulfill his role as a supervisor. I would have been fired as well as the other half of the dept that wasn't friends with him. That is the point that I am making. Cops who were not friends with the chief were disciplined either appropriately or to an extreme. If they were friends usually nothing happened unless the offense became so egregious or known to the public that it couldn't be hidden such as the one that wrote bad checks in and around Flowery Branch. The cop loses credibility because he may have to make an arrest based on a warrant for writing bad checks. What are your thoughts of a 41 yr old cop impregnating a 17 yr old Flowery Branch H.S. student and not being fired? What are your thoughts about a suicidal cop allowed to return with full arrest powers and carrying OC spray, ASP baton and gun? What are your thoughts about a cop that committed theft by falsifying timesheets and not disciplined? What are your thoughts about the suicidal cop that lies multiple times about departmental affairs while a supervisor and not disciplined? Your defense? Politics is rampant and two of the three were fired so be happy. The two were fired for lesser offenses and only when it couldn’t have been swept under the rug. In case you haven’t heard that police officers take an oath, and the oath is to be taken seriously and to encourage to live a life that is a higher standard than the general public. Now, I want you DUB to explain how allowing a friend with the chief and suicidal cop with full arrest powers and the legal right to carry a gun to return to patrol, how a 41 yr old cop impregnating a 17 yr old Flowery Branch High School student and not receiving any disciplinary action, how a cop that commits theft by falsifying a timesheet and receive any disciplinary action is not violating the oath and holding the police to a higher standard? The whole idea of an oath is to require them to live to a higher standard. Your thoughts? Dub? Anyone?
jmcloud

Lilburn, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Marijuana doesn’t have anti oxidants and doesn’t fight cancer? It is natural, and the only reason why it is legal to prescribe medically is because it fights cancer. Where’ve you been the last 40 years? How old are you? This is one link. There are many more.- http://theamericancultivator.com/cannabis-oil...
Bullshit – You earn the right to drive when you pass the driver test. It is a responsibility and a right. It is just like with anything. You abuse it and recognize it as a responsibility then you will lose that right. How is DUI drugs any different than speeding? Wow. Well, I guess I have to answer it. Drugs adversely effect your senses resulting in your ability to operate a vehicle to be impaired. Accidents that can be attributed to speed fall under reckeless driving. If you are involved in an accident and it was proven through the extent of the damage, skid marks, and witness statements that your rate of speed was the main contributing factor then that is reckless driving. Out of all the accidents (10-50s) that I was called to I never cited any for speeding. I cited them for failure to yield while turning left or right, failure to maintain lane, and failure to obey traffic control devices, aggravated assault, and reckless driving – never speeding. Again, reckless driving statute states that exceeding the speed limit by 20mph is reckless driving. 19mph or under is not reckless driving, and that is by definition. So if an accident occurs and through the investigation it was determined the driver was driving 23mph over the speed limit the charge will be reckless driving and not speeding. My rant is about the Speeding statute. There is nothing wrong with driving 85mph as long as the flow and the density of traffic allows it. However at 5pm on I85 N at Jimmy Carter or at the 85 – 985 split 65 mph will be reckless despite it being only 10 mph over the posted speed limit. The driver would be placing other drivers at risk and violating their rights and the charge will be reckless driving. I charged a male with reckless driving while he was spinning his tires at the red light on Spout Springs and Hogg Mtn. with traffic in front and back. He was an idiot. I was at the Chevron on Hogg Mtn road when I got the call. I looked out the front door and saw the blue smoke. I got into my car and headed that direction. He was continuing to do it just as I pulled on to Hogg Mtn so I was able to positively identify the vehicle which matched the description I was given by dispatch. I charged with Reckless Driving because if the brake gave while was flooring the accelator he could have seriously injured the driver

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 80 of116
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Murrayville Discussions

Search the Murrayville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Christian metal reaching out, touching new souls (Apr '07) 47 min sick of tyranny 4
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 55 min Aggie23 39,409
chase elliot Apr 14 UCT 2
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Apr 13 youfool 1,983
Minnie N. Bearden : Obituary Apr 9 johnnie bradley 1
Review: Truby Inc (Jan '10) Apr 8 davis 8
Legalize marijuana in Georgia. Apr 7 Justin 1
•••

Flood Watch for Hall County was issued at April 18 at 9:14PM EDT

•••
•••

Murrayville News Video

•••
•••

Murrayville Jobs

•••