Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2010

Judged:

I bought Amsco vinyl windows two years ago and was please with the quality and installation. But with the rains my vinyl windows are not working properly and some of the glass has fogged up inside the two pieces of glass. I called the window dealer that installed the Amsco windows and they are now out of business. I called Amsco windows and they said they don't have a labor warranty and that I would have to find a installer at my cost. I just got a quote and the cost of fixing the windows is $1,300!!! That's more money then I have. Amsco windows customer service is horrible. Amsco says that I should have know that there was no labor warranty. I don't recommend Amsco windows to anyone!!!!!
Window Guy

Pasadena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2010

Judged:

Sammy wrote:
I bought Amsco vinyl windows two years ago and was please with the quality and installation. But with the rains my vinyl windows are not working properly and some of the glass has fogged up inside the two pieces of glass. I called the window dealer that installed the Amsco windows and they are now out of business. I called Amsco windows and they said they don't have a labor warranty and that I would have to find a installer at my cost. I just got a quote and the cost of fixing the windows is $1,300!!! That's more money then I have. Amsco windows customer service is horrible. Amsco says that I should have know that there was no labor warranty. I don't recommend Amsco windows to anyone!!!!!
Yes, Sammy it is true Amsco vinyl windows do not have a labor warranty covered through Amsco. Amsco stats this in their warranty on their web page. Amsco has a few different series: Studio, Artisan and Renaissance. Studio and Artisan are vinyl windows. Renaissance and Renaissance Masters are composite windows. Studio, Artisan, Renaissance and Renaissance Masters all have no labor warranty coverage through Amsco. Amsco will send you parts but will not provide any labor. Your on your own. Next time you should read the warranty.

Here is a link to the Amsco Window Warranty
http://www.amscowindows.com/warranty.asp

The Amsco window warranty does not cover alot of things.
Don Gregson

South Jordan, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

Judged:

I bought Amsco windows and had the same complants that the guy who bought two years ago; except the service I got was with the manger [Scott] and who did not respond to my calls and messages. The service is none exstent. My windows are fogged up and by the rep. was told there was a life time warranty. The installation was terrible.
Jeff

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2010

Judged:

Don Gregson wrote:
I bought Amsco windows and had the same complants that the guy who bought two years ago; except the service I got was with the manger [Scott] and who did not respond to my calls and messages. The service is none exstent. My windows are fogged up and by the rep. was told there was a life time warranty. The installation was terrible.
Amsco windows is not going to come out and fix your windows. You need to call the installer that installer the Amsco windows. It sounds like installation went badly too. What line of Amsco windows did you buy? Amsco Studio Window, Amsco Artisan Window, Amsco Renaissance Composite Window, Amsco Renaissance Masters Composite Windowor Amsco Serenity Window?

I heard Amsco uses breather tubes in some of their windows. I'm guessing most of Amsco windows in California come with breather tubes. Argon gas propably won't last very long in their windows if their using breather tubes. To qualify for the tax credit Amsco must add argon in the window to meet the requirements.
Wes

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2010

Judged:

Dealing with Amsco Windows is very difficult.

I would never buy their windows again.
LRRP

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2010

Judged:

April 22, 2010 is when the new lead law goes into effect. Renovatiing, Repair, or painting are all affected. Replacement windows and doors are effected too. Any pre-1987 home must have a Certified Firm do renovating, repair, or painting or face a $37,500 fine, per day, per occurance. To get more information go to:

http://www.epa.gov/lead/pubs/renovation.htm

Here is the pamplet homeowners should be receiving if they plan to do something to their pre-1978 home.

http://www.epa.gov/lead/pubs/renovaterightbro...
Make sure you pick a certified firm. They are listed at this website. A certified firm can also show you their certified card with their picture on it. The EPA is backed up posting certified firms information.
http://cfpub.epa.gov/flpp/searchrrp_firm.htm
Mary

Jenks, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2010

Judged:

LRRP, thank you for this vital information. But would you PLEASE change the date first mentioned in your post to 1978. While reading your post, I almost had a heart attack when I saw the 1987 date, literally! Spouse came running to see what had happened as we are in the process of total rennovation of our home which was built in 1979 and contains no lead paint.

You mention the year again and have the correct date of 1978. I went online to verify which date was correct, but until I knew, I was hyperventilating, lol.
Ted

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2010

Judged:

I had Amsco windows installed in my home last year. Nothing but problems. The windows are not made well. The windows don't slide like they use to. Two windows aleady have fogged up and need to replaced. Amsco service department is not returning my phone calls. Horrible experience.
Steve

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2010

Judged:

Wes wrote:
Dealing with Amsco Windows is very difficult.
I would never buy their windows again.
AMSCO Windows does not have any dealers in or near Michigan. You are way out of their sales region so I would imagine it would be difficult for them to assist you.
Ben

Beverly Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

Amsco windows are less expensive then most. Problem is they don't last. Mine already need to be replaced. They were installed 2 years ago. Reading these posts makes me wonder how they can still be in business.
Lorie- Bonsall-CA

Poway, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2010

Judged:

We were just given an estimate using these window. After reading these reviews, I think you saved us a great deal of grief. Thank you for reporting your dissatifaction.
ALLEN

Tooele, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2010

Judged:

Don Gregson wrote:
I built my ho,e in 1992. I used Amsco aluminum storm windows. The place i purchased them from said LIFETIME warranty! I guess i should have got that in writing.
About ten years after moving in the seals failed. Massive condensation! Even a little ice build up!
After hounding them for weeks they finally sent out a rep which told me i had high humidity. Yeah right! In a desert?
Well its 2010 an i have crap growing between the pains.
It was the seals!.... They basically told me tough luck.
I will find some windows with a lifetime warranty and i will get that in writing this time!
DON'T BUY AMSCO WINDOWS!!!!!
Eric

Tooele, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2010

Judged:

Windows are junk! Service doesn't exist! Seals fail!
Run from this product!
Hank

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2010

Judged:

I have been a building houses for 25 years and have used every available window supplier. I will never use anything but AMSCO Windows. After experiencing the frustration of dealing with other windows, which in my experience have significantly more issues, I decided 10 years ago to commit to AMSCO. I buy through a dealer that services the windows in a timely fashion.

Bottom line...all windows can have problems. I reduce my exposure by buying AMSCO and always will.
window dealer

Rosemead, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2010

Judged:

We once were a Amsco Dealer but after finding out that Amsco Windows don't have a labor warranty we stopped selling them. Amsco is the only dealer that I know of that doesn't give the customer a labor warranty of some kind. Amsco lets their dealers warranty the labor if they wish to do so. This is why the window costs less than other brands. If a Amsco Dealer goes out of business there is no labor warranty and homeowner will pay 100% of the labor to get it fixed. All other brands we sell come with a lifetime labor warranty so we decided to drop the Amsco line. If you buy Amsco windows ask for a written labor warranty from the dealer or builder so you can have them fix any problems for free. If a dealer/builder does not put it in writing then I would choose another window and dealer. Getting parts was a problem too but that was a few years ago.
window guru

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2010

Judged:

all you homeowners are not very smart!
for one amsco is the manufacture of the windows they do not install windows, 99% of window problems are going to come from window installation. if your purchasing your windows maybe do some reaserch on the company first, amco has been around 60+ years and is a pretty solid company. whoever installed your windows is the one who services them amsco will furnish the dealers with any parts they need to back their product. amsco does not have a service dept they reemburce the dealers for servicing their product. as for the customer service they just take inbound calls and cant really do anything but refer you back to the dealers that installed the windows, so if you buy amsco windows reaserch who is installing your windows and read over the warranty before you sign the check and keep receipts so you can remember who installed your windows so you can call the proper person to fix your problems.
rachael walker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

Thanks guru for your input even though your grammar needs work. I am an elementary teacher that is building a home and was wondering what types of windows would be best. I went to their showroom a few weeks ago and was very impressed with the quality of instruction and input I was given, although the guys hair that helped me was too long. I still have questions on the type of glass i should use. Do you have any input on that?
window guru

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

rachael walker wrote:
Thanks guru for your input even though your grammar needs work. I am an elementary teacher that is building a home and was wondering what types of windows would be best. I went to their showroom a few weeks ago and was very impressed with the quality of instruction and input I was given, although the guys hair that helped me was too long. I still have questions on the type of glass i should use. Do you have any input on that?
thats all depending on what you would like to accomplish with your windows. if your trying to save on utilities i would recomend upgrading to the low e 366 and argon gas its going to be the most efficiant glass.
Len

Pueblo, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

99% of window manufacturers give labor warranties. Amsco chooses not to. I would buy Milgard or Simonton since they offer lifetime labor warranties. You get what you pay for. If it's your home why not pay a little more for peace of mind.
Brenda

Vernal, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2010

Amsco market is for homeowners not wanting to spend any money on windows. They will not service the windows if there are any problem. If you are going to live in you house for a while don't buy Amsco windows. The windows do fog up. Parts very hard to come buy. Their lock breaks easily.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Murray Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Murray People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••