Rodomar

Lehi, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

These guys are the rudest company with whom I have ever had to work. Based on my experience, I promise that if you end up working with them that the experience will be negative. They treated me with a great deal of disrespect and contempt, and the costs were ridiculous.
Gmoney

Syracuse, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

I parked my car literally one space over from the Sconecutter parking lot (90th South & I-15)and was towed in less than 20 minutes. There were no signs visible. Slick Rock Towing towed my car about 4 blocks and charged $214 (cash only). My car was on their lot 30 minutes and I waited 45 minutes for them to show up! This is unbelievable! But apparently this is legal, so we have predators defying what is ethical and moral to make a buck. I would hope the property managers at NAI West Commercial Mountainwest Property Management are not aware of this predatory behavior because it would definitely change my business relations with them.
Tracy Olson

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Parked my car downtown for literally 7 min! I asked permission to park as well. When I came out slick rock towing had my vehicle. I begged and begged them to release my car and they would not. It took me three days to get it out and they charged me more than they said. It was $264! They lie, cheat and steal your money. We need them out of business ASAP!
dobb

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

I had taken my car and recovery in less than 20 mins in front of my friend house, that i parked less than 15 mins, for my surprise my car wasn't there or no even a note, sticker, any documentation, just some neighbors who record all the towing process and i was able to get a hold of the company. Call immediately and this guy with a jerk attitude want it to charge me $250 per less than 20 mins. My girl took me all the way to his garage, we asked him to lower the price, trying to get negotiated the price, inside his truck, answering in a very bad manner to my girl, unrespectful, charges $ 145 +$30 admin fees +$25 per day +$36 plus $14 of fuel of after hours (he picked our car at 7:50pm and 8:20 was on our hands). A total abuse, feeling indignated for this can of business, robbed and with our hands ties because the guy who owns slickrock is an undesirable person. Shouldn't be able to run a business and he grab my car from the back tires where is very unprofessional because can ruin my car, doors were open and also a flat tire where he did not get responsible for. Really bad service.
kiwi

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

This company is a joke. They charge for storage if they have your car for 10 minutes. Legally they cannot charge till they have had your vehicle for 6 hours or longer. They treat people like crap and they are very dishonest. I would not let them tow a junked car. The "manager" Andrew Reeder is the biggest liar and bully I have ever seen. They are very shady. Beware of a company full go scumbags.
steve

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Slick Rock towing should be locked up for life and.put-out.of.business. They are no better than thieves. I can't believe the city allows them to be in business.
Frogger

North Salt Lake, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2014

Slick Rock towing is a slimy company that is out there taking money from people who are working hard to earn an honest living!! I understand the business is set up to keep cars from being parked in private areas. I know that I parked in a parking lot that had signs (VERY SMALL SIGNS) and I left for a half hour. However the fact that you towed my car 4 blocks and was still unhooking it when I called you to retrieve it and you still charged me $214.00!!! IS ABSOLUTELY UNFAIR!!! Then to be treated like crap from your driver, acting like I was scum because I parked in that area was beyond belief. I made an honest mistake while in the process of doing my job but hey at least I am not in the business of stealing money from hard working people! Worst experience ever with a tow company- SLIMY BUSINESS!
Cefka

Provo, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2014

Slick Rock towing is run by a bunch of slimy scumbags. I hope the owner dies of cancer. I parked in an empty Lowes parking lot for less than five minutes because a semi was blocking the exit. I was waiting behind the semi and I literally put my car in reverse and just parked in an empty spot because it would be faster to just run across the street and back than wait for the semi. I got back so fast that the Slick Rock scumbag wasn't even finished hooking up my car. He must have been waiting around the corner because there is no way he could've gotten there in five minutes. Yet, I was forced to pay a 72 dollar drop fee. Throw eggs at this business if you have the chance.
Beware

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2014

They are very SLICK! If you see their tow truck parked, look out, they are stalking you. You guys are slim bastatds and you time will come.
Citizen

Draper, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2014

Cefka wrote:
Slick Rock towing is run by a bunch of slimy scumbags. I hope the owner dies of cancer...... Throw eggs at this business if you have the chance.
I completely agree with you. What Slickrock is doing is criminal. I do wish ill will upon the owner of this business.
single mom

Layton, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2014

This is by far the most offensive and reprehensible company I have EVER come in contact with!!!!! I parked my car in a lot where the attached business allowed parking. I had my 5 young children with me. Those asses at SlickRock watched me and my kids leave the car and swooped in a towed it. We were left in Central Ogden after 9 pm. If you've been to Ogden you know it's no place to be stranded at night, especially with kids. They had my car for 30 minutes and I was charged $260 to get it back. I was overcharged by $10 because these morons can't even do basic math. The figures on the invoice came to $250. I was also charged $25 for one days storage for the 30 minutes they had it, When I arrived at the yard to get it, they had just arrived with it and it was still hooked to the tow truck. I looked them up online and they have an F rating with the BBB and are under investigation with the state. I filed my own complaint with the BBB against them and I sent a letter to the State Representative mentioned in the article about the investigation.
Thankful Resident

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jul 7

I understand people on this site are upset for their vehicle being towed but these guys really helped me out and the man was so nice. I live in a apt complex with very little parking with my 2 children and disabled mom who has trouble waking. Our parking spots are assigned which is great so I am close enough to get my mom in and out without her being in to much pain. I came home to see someone in my spot I decided to write a note then made the choice to leave. We came back 2 hrs later the car was still there and the note was not. At that point I had no choice but to call. The tow truck driver got there as soon as they could. I was so thankful for their help. I felt bad the people would have to pay but if you don't want your car towed don't park where you shouldn't.
BAM

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jul 7

This company was just on the local news, very bad fraud company, hopefully they will be out of business soon.
BAM

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jul 7

steve wrote:
Slick Rock towing should be locked up for life and.put-out.of.business. They are no better than thieves. I can't believe the city allows them to be in business.
they were on the news tonight, bad fraud company hopefully out of business soon.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Murray Forum right now

Search the Murray Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
LDS Apostle visited Tonga 2 hr Dana Robertson 8,682
How Much Longer Can Donahoe Remain CEO of Ebay? 14 hr SocialMedia 3
Slow start for open-market liquor license law Tue Judy 1
Moscow's Favorite Gay-Haters Are Here Tue SnuffAGlobalist 4
Do You Own A Classic Car? (Nov '12) Tue dcatkin 5
Israeli strikes on Gaza, rocket fire, break lull Tue Abdurratln 3
stupid utah drivers (Feb '08) Mon Aggravated 111
•••
•••