Review: Slickrock Towing And Recovery

Posted in the Murray Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rodomar

Midvale, UT

#1 Nov 30, 2012
These guys are the rudest company with whom I have ever had to work. Based on my experience, I promise that if you end up working with them that the experience will be negative. They treated me with a great deal of disrespect and contempt, and the costs were ridiculous.
Gmoney

Draper, UT

#2 Feb 15, 2013
I parked my car literally one space over from the Sconecutter parking lot (90th South & I-15)and was towed in less than 20 minutes. There were no signs visible. Slick Rock Towing towed my car about 4 blocks and charged $214 (cash only). My car was on their lot 30 minutes and I waited 45 minutes for them to show up! This is unbelievable! But apparently this is legal, so we have predators defying what is ethical and moral to make a buck. I would hope the property managers at NAI West Commercial Mountainwest Property Management are not aware of this predatory behavior because it would definitely change my business relations with them.
Tracy Olson

Euless, TX

#3 Apr 25, 2013
Parked my car downtown for literally 7 min! I asked permission to park as well. When I came out slick rock towing had my vehicle. I begged and begged them to release my car and they would not. It took me three days to get it out and they charged me more than they said. It was $264! They lie, cheat and steal your money. We need them out of business ASAP!
dobb

South Jordan, UT

#4 May 28, 2013
I had taken my car and recovery in less than 20 mins in front of my friend house, that i parked less than 15 mins, for my surprise my car wasn't there or no even a note, sticker, any documentation, just some neighbors who record all the towing process and i was able to get a hold of the company. Call immediately and this guy with a jerk attitude want it to charge me $250 per less than 20 mins. My girl took me all the way to his garage, we asked him to lower the price, trying to get negotiated the price, inside his truck, answering in a very bad manner to my girl, unrespectful, charges $ 145 +$30 admin fees +$25 per day +$36 plus $14 of fuel of after hours (he picked our car at 7:50pm and 8:20 was on our hands). A total abuse, feeling indignated for this can of business, robbed and with our hands ties because the guy who owns slickrock is an undesirable person. Shouldn't be able to run a business and he grab my car from the back tires where is very unprofessional because can ruin my car, doors were open and also a flat tire where he did not get responsible for. Really bad service.
kiwi

Salt Lake City, UT

#5 Sep 23, 2013
This company is a joke. They charge for storage if they have your car for 10 minutes. Legally they cannot charge till they have had your vehicle for 6 hours or longer. They treat people like crap and they are very dishonest. I would not let them tow a junked car. The "manager" Andrew Reeder is the biggest liar and bully I have ever seen. They are very shady. Beware of a company full go scumbags.
steve

United States

#6 Nov 10, 2013
Slick Rock towing should be locked up for life and.put-out.of.business. They are no better than thieves. I can't believe the city allows them to be in business.
Frogger

North Salt Lake, UT

#7 Feb 4, 2014
Slick Rock towing is a slimy company that is out there taking money from people who are working hard to earn an honest living!! I understand the business is set up to keep cars from being parked in private areas. I know that I parked in a parking lot that had signs (VERY SMALL SIGNS) and I left for a half hour. However the fact that you towed my car 4 blocks and was still unhooking it when I called you to retrieve it and you still charged me $214.00!!! IS ABSOLUTELY UNFAIR!!! Then to be treated like crap from your driver, acting like I was scum because I parked in that area was beyond belief. I made an honest mistake while in the process of doing my job but hey at least I am not in the business of stealing money from hard working people! Worst experience ever with a tow company- SLIMY BUSINESS!
Cefka

Provo, UT

#9 Apr 28, 2014
Slick Rock towing is run by a bunch of slimy scumbags. I hope the owner dies of cancer. I parked in an empty Lowes parking lot for less than five minutes because a semi was blocking the exit. I was waiting behind the semi and I literally put my car in reverse and just parked in an empty spot because it would be faster to just run across the street and back than wait for the semi. I got back so fast that the Slick Rock scumbag wasn't even finished hooking up my car. He must have been waiting around the corner because there is no way he could've gotten there in five minutes. Yet, I was forced to pay a 72 dollar drop fee. Throw eggs at this business if you have the chance.
Beware

Salt Lake City, UT

#11 May 6, 2014
They are very SLICK! If you see their tow truck parked, look out, they are stalking you. You guys are slim bastatds and you time will come.
Citizen

Riverton, UT

#12 May 12, 2014
Cefka wrote:
Slick Rock towing is run by a bunch of slimy scumbags. I hope the owner dies of cancer...... Throw eggs at this business if you have the chance.
I completely agree with you. What Slickrock is doing is criminal. I do wish ill will upon the owner of this business.
single mom

Layton, UT

#13 Jun 20, 2014
This is by far the most offensive and reprehensible company I have EVER come in contact with!!!!! I parked my car in a lot where the attached business allowed parking. I had my 5 young children with me. Those asses at SlickRock watched me and my kids leave the car and swooped in a towed it. We were left in Central Ogden after 9 pm. If you've been to Ogden you know it's no place to be stranded at night, especially with kids. They had my car for 30 minutes and I was charged $260 to get it back. I was overcharged by $10 because these morons can't even do basic math. The figures on the invoice came to $250. I was also charged $25 for one days storage for the 30 minutes they had it, When I arrived at the yard to get it, they had just arrived with it and it was still hooked to the tow truck. I looked them up online and they have an F rating with the BBB and are under investigation with the state. I filed my own complaint with the BBB against them and I sent a letter to the State Representative mentioned in the article about the investigation.
Thankful Resident

Dublin, CA

#14 Jul 7, 2014
I understand people on this site are upset for their vehicle being towed but these guys really helped me out and the man was so nice. I live in a apt complex with very little parking with my 2 children and disabled mom who has trouble waking. Our parking spots are assigned which is great so I am close enough to get my mom in and out without her being in to much pain. I came home to see someone in my spot I decided to write a note then made the choice to leave. We came back 2 hrs later the car was still there and the note was not. At that point I had no choice but to call. The tow truck driver got there as soon as they could. I was so thankful for their help. I felt bad the people would have to pay but if you don't want your car towed don't park where you shouldn't.
BAM

United States

#15 Jul 7, 2014
This company was just on the local news, very bad fraud company, hopefully they will be out of business soon.
BAM

United States

#16 Jul 7, 2014
steve wrote:
Slick Rock towing should be locked up for life and.put-out.of.business. They are no better than thieves. I can't believe the city allows them to be in business.
they were on the news tonight, bad fraud company hopefully out of business soon.
skg2005

United States

#17 Aug 28, 2014
Company did not have the authority to tow my car at my apartment at 1:00 in the morning without contacting the manager. They are crooks. More to story Occurred at Orchard Cove Apt (Roy, Ut). Slick Rock towing company comes to the apartment complex as courtesy to its residents to tow cars. The issue is that they are not allowed to be on Orchard Coves property at night (only allowed to tow and be on the property during the day-this is what the assistant manager was telling me). My issue happened at the apartment property at 1:00a.m. in the morning. SlickRock agreed with the apartment complex that they would not tow cars without contacting the manager before hand (they have violated this before and have had problems with them coming on the property at night). They do not have a contract with Orchard Cove (which sucks because that's why the apt can't help me), so the apt complex says they cannot help me out (Little does Orchard Cove know that they are working with crooks and giving themselves a bad name working with this company). This happened on my last night of moving out of my apartment (We are currently sleeping at our new home and just cleaning the apartment). When I arrived from work, someone else was parked in my spot so I parked in a parking spot to the side (people are not allowed to even park in my designated spot). My fiancÚ arrived at 12:30a.m. to help me put a few boxes in his car. He happened to park in a fire zone (which people park there ALL the time to load and unload their stuff- the maintenance people even park there while working on apartments- I have pictures to prove that!). I know I was in the wrong for that, but he was only in the apartment for 20 min and it was 1:00 in the morning on private property of the apartments. We came out to our car and thought it had been stolen. My fiancÚ is active duty military so we had his badge and other important items in the car that he needed for work. It took me 15 min to get a hold of the company to find out where my car was and they were very rude. My car was only in the cage for 5 minutes (that tells you that my car did not get towed very long ago). The guy that helped us was very rude and acted like he was out to get people (he seemed like he was on drugs as well). He took pictures of my car and was making up all these excuses about times he saw our car. The time that he wrote our papers for the violation was wrong. The tow truck kid said my fiancÚ was there at 12:20 when I know for sure he was there at 12:30! We walked out of the apartment around 12:50. They charged us all these extra fees to get it out at night even though he was there already getting other people (I think their fees need to be looked at as well). I guess SlickRock is under investigation with the State of Utah and has had numerous complaints (been on TV, but yet nothing is being done about this crooked company). They are doing people wrong and violating the rules for the people they are working with, such as Orchard Cove Apartments. It cost me $270 to get my car out of their place, this all happened with in an hour. Also, to mention the young kid wanted me to have his business card so I could call him if I see other people in the fire zone "he said he would be more that happy to come out and tow them! I am not the only one who has been affected by this company. Several people I know have been affected by them. I was not even given the name of the guy who towed our car. The receipt shows no information about that. They were very limited on information that I asked for. They are sneaky. It's hard to explain my problem through writing since there is more details to
norm

Tucson, AZ

#18 Sep 23, 2014
what a rip off left car 15 min no signs towed 270.00 held less than 1 hour they should be in jail fraud big time , why town of draper ut. don't do any thing. just taking money from school kids. they should go spend they money someplace else.
woody

Sandy, UT

#19 Oct 16, 2014
Shortly (2-3 weeks I'm told) this company will become a household name in Utah. Don't want to be too specific to ensure everything proceeds as planned. But I would recommend paying close attention to all media between the last week of October and the first week of November
Jennifer

South Jordan, UT

#20 Oct 19, 2014
woody wrote:
Shortly (2-3 weeks I'm told) this company will become a household name in Utah. Don't want to be too specific to ensure everything proceeds as planned. But I would recommend paying close attention to all media between the last week of October and the first week of November
I sure hope you are right! These people are crooks and downright deceptive. Charged me $270.00 and had my car towed for parking there for an hour while I went to lunch with my grandchildren. There were no signs where I was. They sit there waiting for you to leave and quickly tow your car away. It is a huge vacant parking lot and no harm was done by parking there for an hour. I hope they rot and get what they deserve. Let's stop these crooks from taking advantage of other innocent people.
Canden Schow

United States

#21 Nov 22, 2014
Jennifer wrote:
<quoted text>
I sure hope you are right! These people are crooks and downright deceptive. Charged me $270.00 and had my car towed for parking there for an hour while I went to lunch with my grandchildren. There were no signs where I was. They sit there waiting for you to leave and quickly tow your car away. It is a huge vacant parking lot and no harm was done by parking there for an hour. I hope they rot and get what they deserve. Let's stop these crooks from taking advantage of other innocent people.
Sounds like I parked where you did. Huge open parking lot and small little signs. I showed up to pick up my car from their towing yard and waited an hour for them to get there. They said they would be there in thirty. When the guy showed up we asked why there were such small signs, "Because it's good for business." He said. He (Jeremy) also told us we could fill out an appeal but we would be "wasting our time" because they just "throw them all away because they get so many." Awesome business. Paid $280 told him it was my birthday and just had a kid 2 weeks ago and have hospital bills on the way, asked if he could work with me at all. He said, "I've told people here on their birthdays no before." Last thing I will mention ( to much to even write) I asked him if I could look over my car before he raped me for $280 he said yes so I did. Everything looked good but I asked what if I drive away and something isn't working right? He said, "You would have to prove in court that we did it." Not so much the response but overall disrespect and unwillingness to sympathize or even just be halfway decent human being. Terrible company preying on anyone that leaves their cars without scanning over the whole parking lot to see a small little sign. If you have had a bad experience write something here and everywhere else you can. The only way this company will be shut down is if we keep speakong out and make our voice heard.
Angryparker

United States

#22 Nov 25, 2014
WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!!!!!!!! I parked my car one space over from the holiday oil on 9000th south, came back 45 min later to no car. After the panic subsided we went into the holiday oil and found that it had been towed. When we called the driver he said he had just arrived at the yard with my car and I could come pick it up. When we arrived at the yard just around the corner we found my car just being put into the lot. As I went up to the driver he got into his truck and said he couldn't talk to me until he had filed the paperwork. I had to wait for 30 min while he used his iPad to check it in and then I could have it back. My car was not on the lot two minutes and I had to pay $280!!!!!!!!! This had to be paid before I could have my car back. This is the worst treatment and customer service I have ever experienced in my life!!!!! Watch yourselves for these vultures.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Murray Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last post wins! (Jul '11) 8 hr Concerned_American 358
Review: AMSCO Windows (Jan '10) Aug 26 ajohnson 67
News Episcopalians vote to allow gay marriage in chu... Aug 23 Fa-Foxy 14
News LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) Aug 23 Zorri 30,209
News Body of missing Cedar City teen found (Nov '08) Aug 16 rhondaw 16
News POLYGAMY: Utah Co. prosecutors want to see 'big... (Sep '10) Aug 14 Mary Jesus 11
Scathing New eBook About eBay Reveals Details o... Aug 11 BainBrains 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Murray Mortgages