Hippie Hookah Lounge

Posted in the Murray Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Citizen of Murray

Mayfield, KY

#1 Apr 19, 2011
How the crap did something like this get a business license in Murray?
http://www.thebreakawayhippiehookahlounge.com...
Use your head

United States

#2 Apr 19, 2011
Citizen of Murray wrote:
I've seen some stupid posts but this is one of the dumbest. You mean to tell the entire Topix community that you are offended by a TOBACCO lounge when every gas station and grocery store sells cigarettes and lighters? Think about it! There is absolutely nothing wrong with a hooka lounge. Hookas have been around for a lot longer than Murray and a lot longer than the USA. Listen the city of Murray would not approve an unlawful business and this Hooka lounge is far from unlawful. Keep your mouth shut and be glad that businesses are still opening up shop in Murray.
hmm

Murray, KY

#3 Apr 19, 2011
Citizen of Murray wrote:
Uhm, it's a legit business?
Bill Willingston

Murray, KY

#4 Apr 19, 2011
I'm tired of all this freedom nonsense. Why do all these adults think they can just do whatever they want without the government authorizing approved behavior?
Citizen of Murray

Mayfield, KY

#5 Apr 19, 2011
I'm not offended by it. I just think it's ridiculous.
Underside

United States

#6 Apr 19, 2011
It's actually not in Murray. It's in the county. The thing about it is this in 2011 not 1960. Hippies are a thing of the past man!!
America!

Benton, KY

#7 Apr 19, 2011
Bill Willingston wrote:
I'm tired of all this freedom nonsense. Why do all these adults think they can just do whatever they want without the government authorizing approved behavior?
Were in America, the land of the free. If you don't like it get out!
Uhm

United States

#8 Apr 19, 2011
[QUOTE who="America!"]<q uoted text>
Were in America, the land of the free. If you don't like it get out![/QUOTE]Are you in the same America that I'm in? We are no longer free! When the government wants to control every aspect of our life, I dont think that's free.
Wow

Mayfield, KY

#9 Apr 19, 2011
Uhm wrote:
<quoted text>Are you in the same America that I'm in? We are no longer free! When the government wants to control every aspect of our life, I dont think that's free.
When the government starts actually controlling every aspect of your life, you'll be crying to come back to present day America. STFU
Uhm

United States

#10 Apr 19, 2011
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
When the government starts actually controlling every aspect of your life, you'll be crying to come back to present day America. STFU
Do you live in a fantasy world? They already are! You must be a left wing nut anyways. Getting so defensive about the truth. Then telling me to stfu, that shows your immaturity. Go smoke you some hookah!!
Wow

Mayfield, KY

#11 Apr 19, 2011
Uhm wrote:
<quoted text>Do you live in a fantasy world? They already are! You must be a left wing nut anyways. Getting so defensive about the truth. Then telling me to stfu, that shows your immaturity. Go smoke you some hookah!!
Tell me exactly how you're being "controlled" and denied your freedom. I'm really interested. You're the type of individual that gives America a bad name, so thanks. You are free to worship and believe any religion you want without being prosecuted, you can question and down the government all you want, you can get an education any time you want, you can marry whoever the hell you want, you don't have to answer to a radical dictator, ETC ETC ETC. This is why I'm asking you to just STFU. You're disgracing what our veterans did for us (which was bring us freedom if you haven't a clue).

And no, I'm not a left wing nut.:)

If you even spent 5 minutes in other countries that are less than fortunate, you'd be CRYING to come back here.
JustME

Mayfield, KY

#12 Apr 20, 2011
The gov't wants to control who smokes( I don't) but it's okay to have alchol every where...they are so controlling right now they want to force you to buy health care that doesn't cover anything (example I go to the doc and pay cash the exam costs me 110 dollars-I take my daughter and the same exam billed to insurance is $465 and I have a co pay of $25 and then they still bill me another $165 for what insurance didn't pay) Much better to just pay it out of pocket and be done with it, and it is cheaper! Also the gov't wants to even force us to use certain light bulbs....just wait it will get worse!!
Mandy

United States

#13 Apr 20, 2011
JustME wrote:
The gov't wants to control who smokes( I don't) but it's okay to have alchol every where...they are so controlling right now they want to force you to buy health care that doesn't cover anything (example I go to the doc and pay cash the exam costs me 110 dollars-I take my daughter and the same exam billed to insurance is $465 and I have a co pay of $25 and then they still bill me another $165 for what insurance didn't pay) Much better to just pay it out of pocket and be done with it, and it is cheaper! Also the gov't wants to even force us to use certain light bulbs....just wait it will get worse!!
I'm guessing you don't actually live in Murray...because you can't buy alcohol here. Not packaged at least..

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#14 Apr 20, 2011
you "ADULTS" are acting like BABIES!!! it doesn't matter whether you like it or not, you can't shut them down, it's JUST a tobacco store, pull your panties out from between your balls! literally all it is, is a tobacco store; who cares about what you feel? no one! get over it!
@Bill Willingston get a grip already! "I'm tired of all this freedom nonsense. Why do all these adults think they can just do whatever they want without the government authorizing approved behavior?"
you're stereotyping adults now? do not say "all" you Neanderthal. move to a country that makes tobacco illegal if you don't like it, and stop wasting everyones time with your nonsense.
resident

Murray, KY

#15 Apr 20, 2011
why don't we all just be happy to be ALIVE???? too much bickering going on here....so what if you are a right-wing or left-wing nut??? in the end does it matter? NOPE. we ARE lucky to have our freedom, and YES we do still have rights. Since when does the government control what kind of light bulb we buy...? Really???
Globalwarmimgisa hoax

United States

#16 Apr 20, 2011
resident wrote:
why don't we all just be happy to be ALIVE???? too much bickering going on here....so what if you are a right-wing or left-wing nut??? in the end does it matter? NOPE. we ARE lucky to have our freedom, and YES we do still have rights. Since when does the government control what kind of light bulb we buy...? Really???
Google search " government light bulb regulation" You will be en"light"ened.:)
Yea I did it

Murray, KY

#17 Apr 20, 2011
I had an intimate relationship with a dog
No doubt

Murray, KY

#18 Apr 20, 2011
sounds like "Yea I did it" just came from the Hippie Hookah Lounge.. LOL
JustME

Mayfield, KY

#19 Apr 21, 2011
Mandy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm guessing you don't actually live in Murray...because you can't buy alcohol here. Not packaged at least..
I live in the county,but yes calloway. I am just speaking in general....and by the way I wish murray did not have any alcohol.
MOM

Murray, KY

#20 Apr 21, 2011
Hey if people are going to smoke tobacco , doesnt it make sense to let them do it in a private place , where others dont disapprove? Hookahs and pipes are the same as cigarettes without the harmful additives, so its a safer alternative if you enjoy tobacco. Its not likely they are in there smoking weed, Im sure the place will be heavily policed, as the hippie reference infers pot smokers but thats not what this place is about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Murray Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
britany russell 22 min Agreed 4
Flash of News (Aug '13) 47 min Dr Brian 5,601
Jesse Douglas 1 hr Derpina 34
23 year old woman found dead 1 hr Dunn 45
The Isley Brothers 1 hr Its your thing 1
Another big truck wreck on 641 South 3 hr not from murray 1
Smiling faces 4 hr judge mattingly 2
Murray Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Murray People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Murray News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Murray

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 5:00AM
Full AFC, NFC Playoff Outlook, Week 16 Predictions
NBC Sports 6:35 AM
Whitehurst: May not look like it, but we can win
NBC Sports 3:14 PM
Losers of 13 of 14, Titans set for top draft pick - NBC Sports
ESPN 7:36 AM
Sources: Goodell says no L.A. team in 2015
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions