Next Last
ready

Murray, KY

#1 Feb 5, 2013
Lisenses issued for liquour. Hurry up!
Yep

Murray, KY

#2 Feb 5, 2013
After much deliberation on July 17 the residents of Murray voted to make the city wet and allow packaged alcohol sales. A little more than three months later, the first transactions for packaged beer were made in the city of Murray. Now six months from the initial vote, the following list of establishments have been issued retail liquor package licenses by the state:

All In Good Spirits
The Cask Wine & Spirits
Rite Aid #3562
L&C Package Liquors & Boulders Smokehouse Deli & Catering
Friendly Liquor Wine & Beer
Thoroughbred Spirits
Where

Nashville, TN

#3 Feb 5, 2013
Yep, do you know of location of any on your list?
Al Cholic

Murray, KY

#4 Feb 5, 2013
Bring me a fifth and STFU
Jennifer

Benton, KY

#5 Feb 5, 2013
Great. That's just what this town needs.
asdf

Murray, KY

#6 Feb 5, 2013
Hooray! We're so close to becoming a semi-normal town.
Yep

Murray, KY

#7 Feb 5, 2013
T.C. Dinh to operate a liquor store next to his Vietnamese Cuisine restaurant at 1407 A Main St.
network guru

Murray, KY

#8 Feb 5, 2013
source or i call BS
Yep

Murray, KY

#9 Feb 5, 2013
Alcoholic4Life

Tucker, GA

#10 Feb 5, 2013
Jennifer wrote:
Jennifer stfu we have a right to drink. The prohibition ended decades ago! This is a college town, liquor sells will thrive and bring in a lot of tax! If you hate booze so much, move to Saudi Arabia, alcohol is completely illegal there! A religious fanatics heaven!
network guru

Murray, KY

#11 Feb 5, 2013
Yep wrote:
http://www.thenews.org/2013/02 /04/beer-liquor-licenses-issue d-for-city/
http://murrayledger.com/news/local/state-gran...
awesome, thanks for the info
Yep

Murray, KY

#12 Feb 6, 2013
You're welcome.
Eric

Highlandville, MO

#13 Feb 6, 2013
Alcoholic4Life wrote:
<quoted text> Jennifer stfu we have a right to drink. The prohibition ended decades ago! This is a college town, liquor sells will thrive and bring in a lot of tax! If you hate booze so much, move to Saudi Arabia, alcohol is completely illegal there! A religious fanatics heaven!
It may be a college town, problem is, most college kids don't know how to be responsible when drinking. I am all for the right to buy alcohol, as long as you have the brains to drink in a responsible manner, there should be no problems.
grrr

Murray, KY

#14 Feb 6, 2013
Jennifer wrote:
:)
funny

Bowling Green, KY

#15 Feb 6, 2013
Yep wrote:
T.C. Dinh to operate a liquor store next to his Vietnamese Cuisine restaurant at 1407 A Main St.
Is his sister Wong going to run it? LOL
WPSD report

Murray, KY

#16 Feb 6, 2013
who would ever guess

United States

#17 Feb 6, 2013
When that first liquor store opens it will be more popular than the second coming (it's a joke as I am an atheist... only to make a point).

It's sad that the people of Murray are so exicited about liquor coming to town and this is all you can think about.

In the first six weeks or so it will crazy... just like a bunch of kids at a candy store or a teenager with his first whore.

I am going to sit back a watch.
grrr

Murray, KY

#18 Feb 6, 2013
who would ever guess wrote:
When that first liquor store opens it will be more popular than the second coming (it's a joke as I am an atheist... only to make a point).

It's sad that the people of Murray are so exicited about liquor coming to town and this is all you can think about.

In the first six weeks or so it will crazy... just like a bunch of kids at a candy store or a teenager with his first whore.

If you don't like it leave :)
Jim Jack and Jose

Murray, KY

#20 Feb 6, 2013
Yep wrote:
That is not true. He may have applied for a license but he was not granted one. Here is the list of the licenses and the locations that the stores will be, assuming the ABC coordinator passed all of the business inspections.

Licensee Name: Butcher Block LLC
DBA: All In Good Spirits
Business Type: Package - Liquor and Beer
Partner - Mark Whitaker
1203 Chestnut St

Licensee Name: Kayan Enterprises LLC
DBA: The Cask Wine & Spirits
Partners - Jyoti Nathu, Priyesh Nathu
1304 Chestnut St Ste D

Licensee Name: L&C Restaurant Concepts Inc
DBA: L&C Package Liquors & Boulders Smokehouse Deli & Catering
Partners - Bobby Luffman, Dean Cherry
317 Chestnut St

Licensee Name: JBA LLC
DBA: Friendly Liquor Wine & Beer
Partners - Joey B Allen
401 Sycamore St

Licensee Name: BOHICA, LLC
DBA: Thoroughbred Spirits
Partner - Brian Edwards
521 S 12th St

Then RiteAid got one of the licenses and the 7th was just issued today. It went to Cellar Door Wine & Spirits that will be located at 1310 N. 12th Street.
oxymoron

Murray, KY

#21 Feb 6, 2013
who would ever guess wrote:
it's "sad" that Murray's citizens haven't been able to make their own choices until 2012.......yes, you can still drive to Paducah or Paris, but that isn't very convenient. Alcohol taxes in Murray probably wont create a huge surplus for the city, but hardly any people that are driving to Paducah are only buying liquor and returning.....they stay and have dinner, shop at non-Murray stores, etc., possibly making "convenience" a monetary term, not just a whining point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Murray Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Home grown 8 hr Justsayin 3
Elsewhere KY (Aug '16) 14 hr U halfdead muthaf... 48
What did it cost to get your taxes done?? 16 hr wow 5
Billy Reed's wife 18 hr Skeeter 9
Mardi Gras 20 hr The Tall Cool One 9
Enough 23 hr You apostrophe re 23
That Awful Voice Sat Bill 16

Murray Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance