fireman 2

Murray, KY

#21 Feb 23, 2013
I was told by a guy that works there that the director went a while back asking the sheriff to be their dedicated dispatcher. Not only to dispatch on the radio but to keep track of the ambulances on calls for safety. As of now the ambulance takes the phone call and then no one knows where they are if they are calling for help. Sheriff marcum told the ambulance service he would do it for $70,000 a year. Marcum should be ashamed of himself. He will be sorry when his family didn't get a ambulance bc they couldn't be reached on a phone. Or one of the EMTs get hurt bc no one knew where they was calling for help at.. The sheriff is suppose up protect the county. And ambulance is part of the county.
fireman 2

Murray, KY

#22 Feb 23, 2013
Oh I forgot its all about money. Not safety !
sarah

Tucker, GA

#23 Feb 23, 2013
You mean to tell me I pay county taxes and a 911 tax for police fire and ambulance but the sheriff won't even dispatch the ambulance with that money! What a money hungry @$$. Now I'm mad. What does he do with that money for the ambulance. Pay for the gas to full up them useless pickup trucks they all drive!
yep

Des Moines, IA

#24 Feb 23, 2013
Not just pickups they are getting a lot of new SUV as well amazing how many high dollar brand new vehicles they keep getting. If it is true he refuses to dispatch Ems without $70k he needs voted out. Saw him just the other day brand new loaded F150 saw new Tahoe and explorer. How much cheaper vehicles could be used and then dispatch EMS saving unknown number of lives. Look at the situation of the fire fighters shot in new York. If that happens to Ems here they will be left to call 911 themselves. This is a disgrace I knew this place was @$$ backwards on many things but not dispatching Ems what the hell is wrong with this county
just ask

Murray, KY

#25 Feb 23, 2013
Just go ask by and ask them at the ambulance service. They will tell you he wanted 70,000 to keep them safe
kymedic

Bowling Green, KY

#26 Feb 23, 2013
You would think Marty would be worried about his employees' safety. Those guys are out day and night in all kinds of situations with no way to directly talk to dispatch. Their new radio system is a joke. Useless as tits on a boar hog. Marty needs to grow a pair and stand up for his guys. Their safety is more important than anything. If they get hurt they certainly can't help anyone else!!!
Another EMS

Somerset, KY

#27 Feb 24, 2013
I don't know who kyparamedic is but he doesn't have a clue about the new Radio System it is a lot better than the old system that wouldn't hardly talk across town the new system works good in most parts of the County and I heard a Unit talk back to the Crew in Murray from the State Line on I24 at Clarksville Recently and that sure wasn't possible sounds like someone not happy that they cant pickup EMS when they switch to Nexedge with a scanner by the way which there isn't a scanner made to pick up Nexedge and I don't see ome being mad e anytime soon. Marty has tried to get Dispatch setup but the Powers that be above him are not willing to foot the bill so its not Martys fault
Seen It

United States

#28 Feb 24, 2013
fireman 2 wrote:
I was told by a guy that works there that the director went a while back asking the sheriff to be their dedicated dispatcher. Not only to dispatch on the radio but to keep track of the ambulances on calls for safety. As of now the ambulance takes the phone call and then no one knows where they are if they are calling for help. Sheriff marcum told the ambulance service he would do it for $70,000 a year. Marcum should be ashamed of himself. He will be sorry when his family didn't get a ambulance bc they couldn't be reached on a phone. Or one of the EMTs get hurt bc no one knew where they was calling for help at.. The sheriff is suppose up protect the county. And ambulance is part of the county.
If you believe that I bought eggner ferry bridge too.
wow

United States

#29 Feb 24, 2013
I would like to see the sheriff or his deputies go into people's houses without a dispatcher. Or a radio. Or a gun. I bet they would refuse too even go close
poppa

United States

#30 Feb 24, 2013
Seen It wrote:
<quoted text>If you believe that I bought eggner ferry bridge too.

If it wasn't true then why is the calls still going to a answering machine. U can't fool us sheriff
BeStrong

Farmington, KY

#31 Feb 24, 2013
poppa wrote:
<quoted text>
If it wasn't true then why is the calls still going to a answering machine. U can't fool us sheriff
Amen!
humm

United States

#32 Mar 6, 2013
Why don't the city dispatch Murray ambulance ?
wayne

Quincy, FL

#33 Mar 6, 2013
humm wrote:
Why don't the city dispatch Murray ambulance ?
They do in the city and county does if its in the county
CareLess

United States

#34 Mar 6, 2013
Filing a complaint with Marty Barnett seems somewhat pointless. I am sure he knows about the problems. I would assume the people that work there have complained about the radio system and we have seen what he has done about it. As for complaining to the hospital I am sure they are just going to tell Marty to take care of the problem.

So it seems ill fated bitching on here is probably your best option. At least you know the problems will stay the same and the Calloway County 911 dramatics will continue.
humm

United States

#35 Mar 6, 2013
Who keeps up with all the ambulances availability and location then if everyone is dispatching them?
CareLess

United States

#36 Mar 6, 2013
We could get into the sheriff too who sends all of the deputies working on a chase out f state and refuses to assist EMS on a call. That seems fair. I know if I was a deputy I wouldn't trust another state to take care of a criminal. I do understand that it started in Calloway but it would make sense to keep somebody at home in case you another call. However that is not reasonable in Calloway.

So if this is who you want dispatching EMS then go ahead and pay your money. Whenever they decide to take care of Calloway emergencies perhaps they will talk to EMS. You are probably better off without them.
Maybe

Murray, KY

#37 Mar 6, 2013
CareLess wrote:
We could get into the sheriff too who sends all of the deputies working on a chase out f state and refuses to assist EMS on a call. That seems fair. I know if I was a deputy I wouldn't trust another state to take care of a criminal. I do understand that it started in Calloway but it would make sense to keep somebody at home in case you another call. However that is not reasonable in Calloway.
So if this is who you want dispatching EMS then go ahead and pay your money. Whenever they decide to take care of Calloway emergencies perhaps they will talk to EMS. You are probably better off without them.
Maybe if county residents were not so worried about no new taxes maybe the county could have more than two deputies out at a time. Calloway residents b$tch and moan about county services, roads, and such but as soon as taxes get brought up they say hell no. You can't have both people. City has several officers out at a time, I'm curious how many. But county can only get at most two at a time. I doubt thats the fault of the sheriff but bad management by county government.
meeeee
#38 Mar 7, 2013
a friend of mine had a wreck a week ago,with her 8month old son..911 was called by me in graves county..they put me on hold and then transferred me to marshall county!!the wreck wasnt even in marshall,but was close to mayfield...it took 20min before the 1st police officer even arrived..and 25 for the ambulance...her son was fine but she was put in critical care...she could of died due to the ambulance and 911services and the way they are dispatched
rob

Murray, KY

#39 Mar 7, 2013
The friendliest town in the USA has the worse dispatch in the USA. How ironic. I wonder if they would be so proud if the put that in a magazine???
Dispatch

Farmington, KY

#40 Mar 7, 2013
Maybe channel 6 should do a story on Calloway's dispatch system!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Murray Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Liberalism find a cure 30 min Jon 9
naz4ra2 8 hr naz4ra2 5
calloway football coach 8 hr Facts 8
Snow 8 hr whome 50
Dr MLK Jr 8 hr all color is right 29
Trumps cognative ability 10 hr Clam_Caravan 9
Scott who? At 4 rivers 10 hr I checked U out 10
calloway county road crew , clean the roads ! 11 hr County worker 16
Sh*thole 15 hr Retiree 79

Murray Jobs