Hal

Murray, KY

#87 Jun 13, 2014
Cornerstone wrote:
Human rights, laws of war and the ideas about noncombatants that those laws contain, and even conventional concepts of right and wrong do not apply when it comes to Israel's enemies. Israel is right. Those that oppose Israel are in the wrong because they oppose Israel.
Stealing land doesn't make them right.
Seth

Murray, KY

#88 Jun 13, 2014
Cornerstone wrote:
Human rights, laws of war and the ideas about noncombatants that those laws contain, and even conventional concepts of right and wrong do not apply when it comes to Israel's enemies. Israel is right. Those that oppose Israel are in the wrong because they oppose Israel.
Israel occupies and forces Palestinians to live in The West Bank and The Gaza Strip against their wishes. They are forced to live in terrible living conditions because the Israeli government has barred them from moving and settling into the rest of the country. Meanwhile, Israel continues to expand and build additional settlements for their own people in The West Bank, but they do not allow the Palestinians to do the same. They are essentially occupying the Palestinians solely because they are Palestinian. That, to me, is a form of apartheid. It is also a violation of International Law.

You claim this is justified because of terrorism. However most Palestinians are not engaged in this "terrorism" at all. It is unjust and wrong to punish an entire ethnic/racial population based on the actions of a few. The Israeli's have taken a radically disproportional response by harming an entire population in response to trying to protect themselves from acts of violence.
Cornerstone

Paducah, KY

#89 Jun 13, 2014
Seth wrote:
<quoted text>
Israel occupies and forces Palestinians to live in The West Bank and The Gaza Strip against their wishes. They are forced to live in terrible living conditions because the Israeli government has barred them from moving and settling into the rest of the country. Meanwhile, Israel continues to expand and build additional settlements for their own people in The West Bank, but they do not allow the Palestinians to do the same. They are essentially occupying the Palestinians solely because they are Palestinian. That, to me, is a form of apartheid. It is also a violation of International Law.
You claim this is justified because of terrorism. However most Palestinians are not engaged in this "terrorism" at all. It is unjust and wrong to punish an entire ethnic/racial population based on the actions of a few. The Israeli's have taken a radically disproportional response by harming an entire population in response to trying to protect themselves from acts of violence.
I never said that Israel's actions are justified because of "terrorism" on the part of the Arabs. Israel needs no justification.

The boundaries of Israel are laid out in the Holy Bible:

“In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, To your seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the river Euphrates.”(Genesis 15:18)

This map shows those boundaries:

http://davidblaine.files.wordpress.com/2013/0...

All who dwell within those boundaries are obligated to submit to Israel's authority. If they do not accept that authority and resist, then they are outside the Law, and Deuteronomy 20:10-14 clearly states what the Israelis are to do to those who resist.
Seth

Bowling Green, KY

#90 Jun 13, 2014
Cornerstone wrote:
<quoted text>I never said that Israel's actions are justified because of "terrorism" on the part of the Arabs. Israel needs no justification.

“In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, To your seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the river Euphrates.”(Genesis 15:18)

All who dwell within those boundaries are obligated to submit to Israel's authority. If they do not accept that authority and resist, then they are outside the Law, and Deuteronomy 20:10-14 clearly states what the Israelis are to do to those who resist.
I don't care what the damn bible says.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#91 Jun 13, 2014
Cornerstone wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said that Israel's actions are justified because of "terrorism" on the part of the Arabs. Israel needs no justification.
Oh, is that the same book that has the talking snake, the arc with every species of animal on board for weeks, slavery, polygamy, and all kinds of weird superstitious behavior? Why would you try to use something like that to endorse theft of land and mistreatment of humans?
Cornerstone

Paducah, KY

#92 Jun 13, 2014
Apostate churches?

The United Methodist Church and the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) have turned against Israel!

http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/jewish-wo...
Seth

Bowling Green, KY

#93 Jun 13, 2014
Cornerstone wrote:
Apostate churches?

The United Methodist Church and the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) have turned against Israel!

http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/jewish-wo...
Good

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#94 Jun 14, 2014
Hal wrote:
<quoted text>
I think most M E countries have terrible human rights records but that doesn't make Israel above criticism and certainly doesn't justify making it a thought crime.
Why single it out?

A thought crime it is…so far all we have seen are lies.
Cornerstone

Paducah, KY

#95 Jun 14, 2014
scirocco wrote:
<quoted text>
Why single it out?
A thought crime it is…so far all we have seen are lies.
I am afraid that you are playing into the hands of Israel's enemies. There is no need to defend Israel against supposed "crimes" or "human rights violations" because those humanistic rules do not apply to Israel. Even if Israel is doing everything that its enemies claim, that makes absolutely no difference. Resistance to Israel is in itself inherently evil.
Seth

Murray, KY

#96 Jun 14, 2014
Cornerstone wrote:
<quoted text>
I am afraid that you are playing into the hands of Israel's enemies. There is no need to defend Israel against supposed "crimes" or "human rights violations" because those humanistic rules do not apply to Israel. Even if Israel is doing everything that its enemies claim, that makes absolutely no difference. Resistance to Israel is in itself inherently evil.
Israel is just another country ran by religious fanatics. It's also supported by a scary doomsday cult offshoot of Christianity. It is completely legal to criticism Israel like it or not and ore people are waking up to it all the time. Deal with it.
Cornerstone

Paducah, KY

#97 Jun 14, 2014
Seth wrote:
<quoted text>
Israel is just another country ran by religious fanatics. It's also supported by a scary doomsday cult offshoot of Christianity. It is completely legal to criticism Israel like it or not and ore people are waking up to it all the time. Deal with it.
You are wrong. Deceived. Deluded.

This country can and must make defamation of Israel illegal.

If you don't think that Israel is especially blessed and its enemies cursed take a look at this satellite photo:

http://www.auscillate.com/images/post_heads/i...

The line that clearly shows the Israel-Sinai border is not trick photography. It is because plants grow abundantly on the Israeli side of the border fence. The desert blooms! On the Egyptian side the land is lifeless desert. That is what happens to any country that sets itself against Israel.
Anon

Bowling Green, KY

#98 Jun 14, 2014
Cornerstone wrote:
<quoted text>You are wrong. Deceived. Deluded.

This country can and must make defamation of Israel illegal.

If you don't think that Israel is especially blessed and its enemies cursed take a look at this satellite photo:

http://www.auscillate.com/images/post_heads/i...

The line that clearly shows the Israel-Sinai border is not trick photography. It is because plants grow abundantly on the Israeli side of the border fence. The desert blooms! On the Egyptian side the land is lifeless desert. That is what happens to any country that sets itself against Israel.
It won't be made illegal. This isn't a theocracy. You can wish all you want.
Cornerstone

Paducah, KY

#99 Jun 14, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
It won't be made illegal. This isn't a theocracy. You can wish all you want.
You are wrong. Defamation of Israel can and must be made illegal. A law that made defamation and criticism of Israel illegal would be Constitutional.

The Sedition Act of 1918 (Public Law 65-150, May 16, 1918) made speech and expression of opinion that cast the U.S. government, the military, or any part of the war effort in a negative light illegal. That prohibition also extended to negative comments about America's allies. The punishment was 5 to 20 years in prison. Over 200 people were convicted under the law. The Supreme Court upheld the law in Abrams v. United States in 1919.

Israel is our most important ally - the only ally that this nation cannot and will not survive without.
Anon

Bowling Green, KY

#100 Jun 14, 2014
Cornerstone wrote:
<quoted text>You are wrong. Defamation of Israel can and must be made illegal. A law that made defamation and criticism of Israel illegal would be Constitutional.

The Sedition Act of 1918 (Public Law 65-150, May 16, 1918) made speech and expression of opinion that cast the U.S. government, the military, or any part of the war effort in a negative light illegal. That prohibition also extended to negative comments about America's allies. The punishment was 5 to 20 years in prison. Over 200 people were convicted under the law. The Supreme Court upheld the law in Abrams v. United States in 1919.

Israel is our most important ally - the only ally that this nation cannot and will not survive without.
It's not going to happen. I will continue to enjoy my freedom to say screw Israel.
Cornerstone

Paducah, KY

#101 Jun 14, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not going to happen. I will continue to enjoy my freedom to say screw Israel.
Defamation of Israel can, must, and will be criminalized.

When it is you will be prosecuted for breaking the law.
Seth

Murray, KY

#102 Jun 14, 2014
Cornerstone wrote:
<quoted text>
It won't be.

The Jewish state was created through Jewish terrorism, assassination, ethnic cleansing, among other illegal acts and atrocities.

The Arab indigenous population had a long historical uninterrupted connection to the land and ownership of it. While the Jewish population had minimal presence in the region.

The holocaust gave no special permission to the Jewish people to act like their former oppressors or right to any land.

I can say this as loudly and clearly as I want and there is nothing you can do about it.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#103 Jun 14, 2014
Cornerstone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, when breathing the air is criminalized, we will all be prosecuted.
Rev Lazrus Paul

Kuttawa, KY

#104 Jun 15, 2014
I used to think Israel was the Righteous Kingdom, but no more. This from the Jerusalem Post:

Gay Pride Parade draws 100,000 in Tel Aviv --“World’s best gay city” shows off its pride with 16th-annual Gay Pride Parade

Vibrant was the way to describe most everything at the parade, from the wonderfully outlandish array of garments to the very energy that rippled through the estimated 100,000 participants. It was the most widely attended event of Pride Week, a seven-day Tel Aviv celebration packed with musical events, film screenings, festivals, bar nights and beach parties…. Rabin Square was alight with rainbow-colored lights and flags, and streets were painted with the entire spectrum to reflect the city’s thriving LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, transgender, queer/questioning) culture…. In the hours leading up to the parade, people of all ages, races, nationalities and sexual identities packed into the park to see performances by local musicians and performers in drag, hear a welcome from Tel Aviv Mayor Ron Huldai, and experience both the well-known and best-hidden gems of the city’s LGBTQ life.

http://www.jpost.com/National-News/Tel-Aviv-c...

Tel Aviv is Sodom and Gomorrah!

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#105 Jun 15, 2014
Seth wrote:
<quoted text>
It won't be.
The Jewish state was created through Jewish terrorism, assassination, ethnic cleansing, among other illegal acts and atrocities.
The Arab indigenous population had a long historical uninterrupted connection to the land and ownership of it. While the Jewish population had minimal presence in the region.
The holocaust gave no special permission to the Jewish people to act like their former oppressors or right to any land.
I can say this as loudly and clearly as I want and there is nothing you can do about it.
There is no Arab indigenous population. Arabs invaded and colonized Jewish land in the 7th century along with North Africa and then Spain for a while.

The Jews have just as much right as the people of Spain did in liberating their land from Muslim invaders.

The 7th century religion of peace certainly accumulated much land through war and conflict.
McKenna the Cretin

Murray, KY

#106 Jun 15, 2014
Rev Lazrus Paul wrote:
I used to think Israel was the Righteous Kingdom, but no more. This from the Jerusalem Post:
Gay Pride Parade draws 100,000 in Tel Aviv --“World’s best gay city” shows off its pride with 16th-annual Gay Pride Parade
Vibrant was the way to describe most everything at the parade, from the wonderfully outlandish array of garments to the very energy that rippled through the estimated 100,000 participants. It was the most widely attended event of Pride Week, a seven-day Tel Aviv celebration packed with musical events, film screenings, festivals, bar nights and beach parties…. Rabin Square was alight with rainbow-colored lights and flags, and streets were painted with the entire spectrum to reflect the city’s thriving LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, transgender, queer/questioning) culture…. In the hours leading up to the parade, people of all ages, races, nationalities and sexual identities packed into the park to see performances by local musicians and performers in drag, hear a welcome from Tel Aviv Mayor Ron Huldai, and experience both the well-known and best-hidden gems of the city’s LGBTQ life.
http://www.jpost.com/National-News/Tel-Aviv-c...
Tel Aviv is Sodom and Gomorrah!
Well that explains that, that's why they allow them Hamas' rockets up their a$$ all time then. Nah, I would probably think Tel Aviv is probably populated with some of their Roman conqueror descendants. Besides, those rockets don't make it to Tel Aviv very often. More than likely, it's a bunch of transplanted infidels and liberals from Arab neighbors and the US.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Murray Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Flash of News (Aug '13) 24 min Murphy 5,720
does anyone remember lisa seaford 1 hr looking 3
Quit Begging 2 hr Hard Line 8
steven beasley 8 hr ugh 6
Lost my virginity 12 hr Bill 12
Looking for Teresa Long 15 hr jerry 4
Employee dating boss (Apr '14) 16 hr Kaci 7
Murray Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web