drinking and murray ky

Posted in the Murray Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
hanna

Madisonville, KY

#1 May 26, 2010
why cant i buy a beer to go here. have been told its because of the church people. well as i walk the streets and attend church. i see lots of fat people here. well to be a glutton is also a sin. so why dont they arrest these people for that or not serve them because of there weight?.
sleepy

Paducah, KY

#2 May 26, 2010
are you touched in the head? because you can't go to a real liquor store in county, you want fat people to be arrested?

The liquor laws are in effect until a vote is made to change them. the "machine" has done a well enough job at squashing any initiative to do that. If you want it changed, perhaps you can try to get something on the ballot?

as a social drinker, I can't say I have a real issue against the current setup. I don't crave the sauce so bad that I need to have a 24/7 liquor store available.
love handles

Mayfield, KY

#3 May 26, 2010
maybe it's because all the fat people drink all the beer??? just a theory...they call it a beer gut for a reason...
hanna

Madisonville, KY

#4 May 26, 2010
i just hate to drive so far for to but a little beer in my fridge. all the holy rollers around here judge people for having a few drinks. but like i said being a glutton is also sinful. so why judge me when they are doing the same thing. sinning
hey

United States

#5 May 26, 2010
Ah, the great thing about democracies. The majority takes away the benefits and rights of minorities.
Russell

Murray, KY

#6 May 26, 2010
love handles wrote:
maybe it's because all the fat people drink all the beer??? just a theory...they call it a beer gut for a reason...
I'd always heard it was a glandular problem, lol!
Free Spirit

Mayfield, KY

#7 May 26, 2010
The feel of the community is that they would rather keep a wholesome appearance to our city than have it disgraced by liquor stores. If you want to have a beer there are lots of places in town that will accommodate you. And for beer, it's just a quick drive to Puryear. And there are lots of cars with Calloway County plates there to greet you!:)
jesus

Bradyville, TN

#8 May 26, 2010
Hey, I never said don't drink. I don't know where these Holy rollers get this stuff from.
Free Spirit

Mayfield, KY

#9 May 26, 2010
My grandmother will be so happy when I tell her I found jesus on the internet!! Ha!
jesus

Bradyville, TN

#10 May 26, 2010
Free Spirit wrote:
My grandmother will be so happy when I tell her I found jesus on the internet!! Ha!
I bless you, and have a drink on me.
Anonymous Keyboard Tapper

Cunningham, KY

#11 May 27, 2010
The people of Murray and Calloway are a particularly degenerate group of people. They are incapable of being able to function in the presence of liquor stores like other people in the rest of the country.

If they didn't go to church every Sunday or were exposed to liquor stores in their very midst, before the week was out they would devolve into some liquor craving man-beast barely recognizable as human whose appetite for sin and debauchery would know no equal.

Sometimes freedom is a bad thing. The freedom to buy packaged liquor or beer in Calloway county is one such case. Be thankful it is against the law.
Emerson Bigguns

Princeton, KY

#12 May 27, 2010
It's all good. I'll just buy my beer in Paducah and let them have my tax dollars and let Roof Brother's pay an employee to sell me said beer. I'm going to have a meal as well (long drive works up an appetite) so I'll pay some folks up for food and once again, Paducah can keep the tax dollars on that as well. The only local folks getting my dollars are the guys I buy my gas from.

Don't get me wrong, I love Murray, I just wish I had the option of putting a 6 pack in my cart when I go grocery shopping.

"The feel of the community is that they would rather keep a wholesome appearance to our city than have it disgraced by liquor stores"

Are you serious? So check cashing places, empty store fronts and dirty fast food joints add to our wholesome image?

Let me know where you buy your blinders
janet

Inman, SC

#13 May 27, 2010
Emerson Bigguns wrote:
It's all good. I'll just buy my beer in Paducah and let them have my tax dollars and let Roof Brother's pay an employee to sell me said beer. I'm going to have a meal as well (long drive works up an appetite) so I'll pay some folks up for food and once again, Paducah can keep the tax dollars on that as well. The only local folks getting my dollars are the guys I buy my gas from.
Don't get me wrong, I love Murray, I just wish I had the option of putting a 6 pack in my cart when I go grocery shopping.
"The feel of the community is that they would rather keep a wholesome appearance to our city than have it disgraced by liquor stores"
Are you serious? So check cashing places, empty store fronts and dirty fast food joints add to our wholesome image?
you need to get in church, you are a sinner.

Since: Oct 09

Murray, KY

#14 May 27, 2010
Emerson Bigguns wrote:
Why are your driving 50 miles to get alcohol in Paducah when Puryear is less than half that?
Angela

Wingo, KY

#15 May 28, 2010
Phil DaPain wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are your driving 50 miles to get alcohol in Paducah when Puryear is less than half that?
I drive to Paducah because the beer is cheaper and Roof Brothers has a great selection.
kade

United States

#16 May 28, 2010
not only is there a much better selection at roof brothers, but the employees there are very helpful and friendly. and you can stop and eat a decent place as well as shop at decent places! i feel there are plenty of folks in this town to vote wet, but the churchs would pull some stuff like what happened in cadiz and folks are scared of that and would never vote how they actually wanted to for fear of rejection and humilation by there church "friends"! we can't even get a winery here...it's quite a shame!
June

Wingo, KY

#17 May 28, 2010
kade wrote:
not only is there a much better selection at roof brothers, but the employees there are very helpful and friendly. and you can stop and eat a decent place as well as shop at decent places! i feel there are plenty of folks in this town to vote wet, but the churchs would pull some stuff like what happened in cadiz and folks are scared of that and would never vote how they actually wanted to for fear of rejection and humilation by there church "friends"! we can't even get a winery here...it's quite a shame!
Welcome to Pleasantville!
Local Gal

Paducah, KY

#18 Jun 1, 2010
I drive to Paducah to get my beer and wine as well. Alcohol is a lot more expensive in Tennessee. And I usually eat and go shopping while I'm there. We prefer to drink at home but if we're out we have to go 50 miles one way to buy alcohol. Or we could just go to the Keg, get drunk, and drive home. Does anyone else see something wrong with this picture?
kade

Owensboro, KY

#19 Jun 1, 2010
i would suggest you stick to buying your alcohol in paducah, at a cheaper price and go eat and shop. if you do go out to the keg or any other establishment in murray that serves alcohol and you drink, i highly suggest you utilize on the cab companies in murray!! that is not a good "debate" on the topic. for that matter you could go out to a friends house and drink and drive home...still illegal. or everyone that goes out to a bar in paducah could drive home drunk that isn't the argument! the argument is, it's 2010 if i would like to run out in my home town, and get a bottle or wine, whiskey, or a case of beer, i should be able to do so! it doesn't make me a sinner, or a bad person.
mcallister

United States

#20 Jun 2, 2010
i get so drunk, then i drive home, i am a pro at it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Murray Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Live oak 26 min Clara 14
Danielle rich (Aug '14) 27 min Missypie28 34
LA Nails or Nina's 1 hr ellie 2
News Benton attorney files for circuit court judge 3 hr Proud woman 25
Murray Police 3 hr yaya 12
Are ATT Cells down again 4 hr Mouthy T 4
Margret Sanger 8 hr Anonymous Keyboar... 6
James Outland- dermatologist 10 hr sharel 7
brandon Mon semenlicket 58
More from around the web