Next Last
jojo

United States

#2 Apr 4, 2011
Seen one the other day
give em a break

Frisco, TX

#4 Apr 4, 2011
They're everywhere, you don't have to point them out. They're homeless because of the economy these days, 35% of all us homes have been taken by the banks the past 2 years. Prices are going up yet the pay rates stay the same. It's not their fault, just feel lucky you still have a roof over your head.
busta

Willowbrook, IL

#6 Apr 4, 2011
give em a break wrote:
They're everywhere, you don't have to point them out. They're homeless because of the economy these days, 35% of all us homes have been taken by the banks the past 2 years. Prices are going up yet the pay rates stay the same. It's not their fault, just feel lucky you still have a roof over your head.
I don't think anybody is trying to point them out or make fun of them. Some people would like to help if possible. I know I would
Free Spirit

Murray, KY

#7 Apr 4, 2011
You can give to the Gentry House. It is an agency that helps give emergency shelter to families with children that are homeless due to various reasons. Their office is in the Housing Authority office on Nash Drive. Or you can email them at [email protected] They would appreciate any help you could give.
busta

Willowbrook, IL

#8 Apr 4, 2011
Free Spirit wrote:
You can give to the Gentry House. It is an agency that helps give emergency shelter to families with children that are homeless due to various reasons. Their office is in the Housing Authority office on Nash Drive. Or you can email them at [email protected] They would appreciate any help you could give.
thank you
Jack

Dubuque, IA

#9 Apr 4, 2011
give em a break wrote:
The banks don't just take peoples houses!

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#11 Apr 4, 2011
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
this is true! it's the prices of everything else going up and not being able to pay for the mortgage, so the banks take it back. there is reason behind it. a few family members have been homeless b/c their job what what? was bought by china and moved, and they couldn't pay thier mortgage. so yes the bank does take peoples houses away.
honest and mor

Murray, KY

#12 Apr 4, 2011
when you owe for something, it ain't legally yours. so actually the bank is taking back their house.

Murray, KY

#13 Apr 4, 2011
Well I think that the banks own them, they can do what ever they want. But sometimes I think if people need help they should be a little more generous it's not their fault they don't have the money for the house. But if they family has no working members then I see how it wouldn't bother them to take it away.. Some people need to get jobs.. Watching some of these people sit around the house livin for free gets old.. My family works for everything we have.. And I hate watching people just be handed things.. I've always been raised to know that if you want something, then go out and work for it... Cause things are going to get harder for the lazy people rather than the hard working people.
hmm

Middlesboro, KY

#14 Apr 4, 2011
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO... What planet are you living on? Do you even live in the real world? Have you paid attention to what's been happening?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#15 Apr 4, 2011
[QUOTE who="...."]Well I think that the banks own them, they can do what ever they want. But sometimes I think if people need help they should be a little more generous it's not their fault they don't have the money for the house. But if they family has no working members then I see how it wouldn't bother them to take it away.. Some people need to get jobs.. Watching some of these people sit around the house livin for free gets old.. My family works for everything we have.. And I hate watching people just be handed things.. I've always been raised to know that if you want something, then go out and work for it... Cause things are going to get harder for the lazy people rather than the hard working people.[/QUOTE]

in my families case was the plant moved to china and because the need for jobs, none could be found, I understand if you're too lazy to get a job, but you shouldn't be able to purchase a house anyways if you can't hold a job, the bank checks that.
they worked for 25 years for everything they owned, and decided to get a new house since theirs was so old. 2 years later it's taken away after 2 months of no payment but after 2 years of paying an extra $100 every time the mortgage came around and on time they took it away. the bank doesn't care, they'll find someone else to buy it, and most wont work with the owner of the house.
Jack

Dubuque, IA

#16 Apr 5, 2011
hmm wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO... What planet are you living on? Do you even live in the real world? Have you paid attention to what's been happening?
LMAO at you.... borrowed money from the bank for a house that was well beyond what you could afford to pay rent for. The house is NOT yours until you have repayed the Bank.
Now do you understand?
Kim

Dubuque, IA

#17 Apr 9, 2011
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO at you.... borrowed money from the bank for a house that was well beyond what you could afford to pay rent for. The house is NOT yours until you have repayed the Bank.
Now do you understand?
We agree. My husband and I wonder who can afford all the huge houses around murray...seriously.
Yes

Murray, KY

#19 Apr 11, 2011
I have no pity for those that lose a home because they couldn't pay. They could have done things to keep it if they where willing to give up some things.

If your job moved to another land blame your union. Unskilled labor should not make more then 7.50$ an hour. Your unskilled. If someone somewhere else can do your job without being able to read or write, and do it for less then you should be happy to make the 7.50$. But you cry and whine that you need 29.56$ an hour because " My job is hard". Of course they shipped it else where... You have any idea how much it costs to import goods? It isn't cheap. So if it is less to make it and ship it in of course they will close a plant and do so.

But hey. Maybe you can get a job for 3.50$ a bathroom.

People in debt make me sick.
just me

Nebo, KY

#20 Apr 11, 2011
Hey "Yes" I bet you are the same person who b!tches about all the Mexicans taking our jobs..ha ha.
just me

Nebo, KY

#21 Apr 11, 2011
Seriously, who are you people to judge so harshly. My husband and I work our butts off and still struggle to make bills. With prices of everything going up and incomes that stay the same, people go without alot. We still have our house thank God. But I understand how it can happen to people. Gas prices are too high, it takes more money to make it to work..no gas, no work....no work, no money for bills..no bill money...no house.
Ted

Benton, KY

#22 Apr 11, 2011
Kim wrote:
<quoted text>
We agree. My husband and I wonder who can afford all the huge houses around murray...seriously.
It takes a combination of brains and a good work ethic.
Yes

Murray, KY

#23 Apr 11, 2011
Bull. Gas is fine where it is now. Try pay 11$ a liter. And no. Few people of the edu to take my job. I must say I am over all happy.

As far as gas. Learn to walk if you can't pay the prices at the pump. Ride a bike. 40%+ of the world pop bikes more then 50 km , round trip, a day to make less then our pooriest.

I have every right. No. A duty to be sick with people that are upset because they don't live within their means. Sell your car get a rain coat and a bike and you'll be able to pay your bills. Don't give me crap about not being able to ride. I saw a man in Thailand with one leg tie a stick to his stump and ride to a crap job to feed 5 children. If you can't be willing to do the same then you don't need the jobas bad as him.

Posted from my iPad 2 via Topix
Oldfag

Benton, KY

#24 Apr 11, 2011
Yes wrote:
Bull. Gas is fine where it is now. Try pay 11$ a liter. And no. Few people of the edu to take my job. I must say I am over all happy.
As far as gas. Learn to walk if you can't pay the prices at the pump. Ride a bike. 40%+ of the world pop bikes more then 50 km , round trip, a day to make less then our pooriest.
I have every right. No. A duty to be sick with people that are upset because they don't live within their means. Sell your car get a rain coat and a bike and you'll be able to pay your bills. Don't give me crap about not being able to ride. I saw a man in Thailand with one leg tie a stick to his stump and ride to a crap job to feed 5 children. If you can't be willing to do the same then you don't need the jobas bad as him.
Posted from my iPad 2 via Topix
I agree in some cases but no in others. Most places don't really have the infrastructure for riding bicycles and it can be quiet dangerous. There are some people that depend on their vehicles to get to work and make a living. On the other hand when I see somebody that has a huge SUV or truck that they don't actually use for hauling or going off road then I have no sympathy for them. If you don't want to pay a fortune for gas then drive a reasonable vehicle. I have a civic so spikes in prices do not hurt me nearly as bad.
Jones

Dubuque, IA

#26 Apr 12, 2011
It's simple. Live below your means and you will still be living well beyond most in the world. Most of those huge homes have unrealistic expectations of what they deserve and must have. Alot of it is greed and pride.
Get over it, your drowning your family in debt and stress.
Life is too short to live that way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Murray Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Taylor Black from facebook 26 min Randomguy8 4
Murray st hires a high school coach 47 min Graves 20
Need a compassionate vet 1 hr Pet Insurance 14
Tap 216 2 hr another view 4
eric duffy 2 hr mac 2
christina mccracken (Jul '11) 2 hr Unknown83 12
misty duncan (Dec '13) 16 hr Fightingagainstaids 54

Murray Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance