well....

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

I graduated from Calloway with a 3.9 GPA and went on to graduate cum laude with my BA. I don't think you can always blame the school; some people just do not develop the same as others or retain information in the same way. Not to mention, parents should also be working with their children at home. If a student isn't going to pay attention in class, he isn't going to learn much....

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

JERK Stamp wrote:
Jen - you've been stamped as an official JERK. How about paying attention to the message instead of bashing the kid? I'd much rather hear from a kid with a big heart than a pompous JERK calling out folks for spelling! The good news is your attempt to belittle actually helps deliver his message.
Well said !
ultimate warrior

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

Granted the kid may have had good intentions, but he can't spell for shit.
point agreed calloway sx

Puryear, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

their teachers are closed minded billies that could care less about teaching our kids and encouraging them with positive skills....they only use brute force and blame the parents...How bout teaching our poor kids to be better for once......to bad they only worry about the rich kids and what they dress like......the poor kids deserve an education too....hell they dont even encourage safe sex much less to spell or use grammar...but by gosh they love to bully and act like they are god and put down on the poor people in this community! i so agree and calloway failed on their test scores by the way ! so get your facts straight...even Marshall county blew them outa the water. calloway county sux for educating our kids and AMY TURNER/calloway middle school is the worst! amen no bashing on the kid intended we are simply stating facts....calloway needs a serious over haul of educators....find some that really care not about a paycheck but about our kids and setting them on the way to a better brighter future...cause in this area they sure do need it! I only pray that Calloway school system will wake up
God

Benton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

point agreed calloway sx wrote:
their teachers are closed minded billies that could care less about teaching our kids and encouraging them with positive skills....they only use brute force and blame the parents...How bout teaching our poor kids to be better for once......to bad they only worry about the rich kids and what they dress like......the poor kids deserve an education too....hell they dont even encourage safe sex much less to spell or use grammar...but by gosh they love to bully and act like they are god and put down on the poor people in this community! i so agree and calloway failed on their test scores by the way ! so get your facts straight...even Marshall county blew them outa the water. calloway county sux for educating our kids and AMY TURNER/calloway middle school is the worst! amen no bashing on the kid intended we are simply stating facts....calloway needs a serious over haul of educators....find some that really care not about a paycheck but about our kids and setting them on the way to a better brighter future...cause in this area they sure do need it! I only pray that Calloway school system will wake up
Welcome back toolbag.
Jen

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Well I am glad some people left the school with a good education. But I can tell you not all of them do. Some have learning issues that the school did not address or even care about. If you are not the perfect student you should still get help and care. I did not mean to cause a fuss just wanted to bring it to light. I don't mind being bashed. I just want ALL of the students to get help. Some students are naturally gifted with learning, others need more help and DESERVE it.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

There will be many terrible spellers because everyone texts & we all know everything is abbreviated so they don't learn to spell & forget about punctuation. I see it getting worse than it is now.

Since: Jan 11

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Why don't you go back to school, get a degree in education, and be a teacher? I'm sure you would light the world on fire...
Read between the lines

Sedalia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Read wrote:
<quoted text>My husband and I moved here from Illinois. When our eldest two sons were in 6th and 4th grades, respectivley. My sixth grade sons science, and math books at Calloway County, were the very same text books issued to my 4th grade son in Illinois earlier that same year! I found it troubling that CC schools were that far behind. In all fairness, this was in 1991, I think we here in Ky have made great strides since then, and are on par with most schools. In fact CC test scores are very high in comparison to many other Ky schools!
Us old Kaintucks love it when somebody moves here and tells us how much better it was where they came from. Just abso f-ng lutely love it. By the way, how was that spelling book you had in Illinois? You might want to check out how respectively is spelled. Now carry on, we are getting her up to par, thanks to all the transcended help, by golly.
Been there

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

There are wonderful, dedicated teachers in the Calloway System. Every child who wants to learn and has support at home can get a good education. Some teachers are better than others, but all have the students' best interest at heart. If they didn't, they wouldn't get up every day and face what they have to face. No, I don't work for the system, but I have had three children graduate from there and go on to graduate college and become productive members of society.
Iwasborninasmall town

Melber, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

New miracle, Calloway graduates can read and write. Is it only me that gets tired of someone else telling us that we are second rate. Especially when they move in here from somewhere else, because the wonderful social environment they inspired turned to sh it, all the while, they are so intelligent. I'll stick with my hometown people. I'll put them up against anybody on God's green earth as far as intellect and capability. Now with the bs out of the way, apologize to the good kid who wants to show compassion to the people in Newtown, you who started the topic.
yooo

Delano, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

Judged:

Test scores don't lie. Both districts were in the top 10% in the state. Calloway is a great school system (as is Murray) and anyone that says otherwise is a troll.
George

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

R scholz r betta thn ne wher n da world
Mommy2be

West Bend, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Wow.. you all are down right rude. The boy was wanting to do something for the lives lost that day and you do nothing but try to correct his grammar and spelling . grow the hell up and try to read between the lines.
Iwasborninasmall town

Melber, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

George wrote:
R scholz r betta thn ne wher n da world
An u r wetalldid. aw tis m prolly.
been there

Benton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

I say this to you , if you do not like the schools in Calloway, take your little darlings elsewhere and stop complaining .
curious

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

jusy a guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Like all things you get what you put into it. I graduated from Calloway in 03 with all A's and scored a 31 on the ACT. After that I attended UK and graduated with honors.
Everyone wants to blame something other than themselves or their kids. Guess what? Kids have gotten more lazy and more selfish in the last 15 years because they're not held responsible for anything. Those who take themselves and their futures seriously do great. Those that do not skate by on the bare minimum.
This isn't unique to Calloway or Kentucky or even the south. I've seen it everywhere. Fewer and fewer students now put in the time to study and succeed. They'd rather be buried in their iPhones and Facebook.
Well said guy, I totally agree that the youth should be held accountable for thier own actions, or lack thereof. I graduated
many moons ago from a small school, but it did teach me a few things. 1. ENGLISH 2. MATH 3. HISTORY 4. MANNERS
Some would do well to take a lesson or two in number 4.
Is all I am saying.
Noncore

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

To summarize: I'm poor. You aren't doing enough to parent my horrorable children. I will take my own social insecurities about being poor and project them onto the people I feel are to blame for both my children's failure and mine as a parent.

The blame for your children's failure is a mixture of their clear lack of breeding. Your flawed parenting plan/skills. A need to blame another for their short comings. But mostly that they do not do enough or care enough to better themselves.

I would ask why you cannot be bothered to teach your own children about safe sex. But given your own very clear short comings I think you have no clear idea of it yourself. Much less how to teach it or anything else.

To summarize my post: Blame your children and yourself for their failures in both school and life.

Just to drive it home. Make sure they know the following:
Thank you for shopping at Walmart.
Yes Sir.
Can I get you a cart?
Would you like a drink with that?
I know I am late on rent.
I do not know who the father is, but I's gots it down too 5 guysz.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Murray Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Murray People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Murray News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Murray