asking her the big question

Posted in the Murray Forum

nervous

United States

#1 Jan 6, 2013
Alright, here it goes. Me and my woman have been dating for a while and recently started talking about getting married. I already picked out a ring and showed it to her because I wanted to make sure she liked what she was getting. She immediately smiled ear to ear and started tearing up and said, ''I can't wait for you to ask me to wear this.'' I ordered the ring today and should have it in about 9 days. I already know what she is going to say but every time I think about what to say or when/where to ask I go blank. I just want it to be special for her.
nervous

Yonkers, NY

#2 Jan 6, 2013
Sorry for the double post, can one be erased by a moderator?
Murray residence

Mayfield, KY

#3 Jan 6, 2013
nervous wrote:
Alright, here it goes. Me and my woman have been dating for a while and recently started talking about getting married. I already picked out a ring and showed it to her because I wanted to make sure she liked what she was getting. She immediately smiled ear to ear and started tearing up and said,''I can't wait for you to ask me to wear this.'' I ordered the ring today and should have it in about 9 days. I already know what she is going to say but every time I think about what to say or when/where to ask I go blank. I just want it to be special for her.
You have to think about what you want to say, but I would suggest you take her to places like; the place you had your first date, or you can use one of the signs in town that usually display birthdays and stuff like that but you can request a "will you marry me sign with her name on it," hmmm you can also have something in the mail and ask her to get the mail and open it in front of you!! I will post more if I can come up with ideas!
My husband proposed to me in our house, he had it traditional but I loved it!!! I believe that she would love however you decide to propose to her :) good luck!!!
nervous

United States

#4 Jan 6, 2013
Murray residence wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to think about what you want to say, but I would suggest you take her to places like; the place you had your first date, or you can use one of the signs in town that usually display birthdays and stuff like that but you can request a "will you marry me sign with her name on it," hmmm you can also have something in the mail and ask her to get the mail and open it in front of you!! I will post more if I can come up with ideas!
My husband proposed to me in our house, he had it traditional but I loved it!!! I believe that she would love however you decide to propose to her :) good luck!!!
You just gave me the perfect idea, thanks. About 30 minutes from the house is a grown up dead end trail in the woods nobody rides because of the really steep gravel hill you have to climb to get to it. After some riding it dead ends at a huge pond completely surrounded by thick woods and has a small clearing just big enough to turn the truck around. She loves riding in the truck in the woods and I know she would love that place. It would be just the two of us there with no distractions.
Murray residence

Mayfield, KY

#5 Jan 6, 2013
nervous wrote:
<quoted text>You just gave me the perfect idea, thanks. About 30 minutes from the house is a grown up dead end trail in the woods nobody rides because of the really steep gravel hill you have to climb to get to it. After some riding it dead ends at a huge pond completely surrounded by thick woods and has a small clearing just big enough to turn the truck around. She loves riding in the truck in the woods and I know she would love that place. It would be just the two of us there with no distractions.
Awww that sounds perfect!!!! Good luck and it sounds special already!!!!!!
Marriage is game over

Owensboro, KY

#6 Jan 7, 2013
And start saving now for the divorce. Stats don't lie.
You are What

Murray, KY

#7 Jan 7, 2013
Please find out if she likes anal. Trust me you don't want find out after you're married. Think about it.
Chris Carney

Charlotte, NC

#8 Jan 7, 2013
is your name Jacob lol
Murray residence

Mayfield, KY

#9 Jan 7, 2013
nervous wrote:
<quoted text>You just gave me the perfect idea, thanks. About 30 minutes from the house is a grown up dead end trail in the woods nobody rides because of the really steep gravel hill you have to climb to get to it. After some riding it dead ends at a huge pond completely surrounded by thick woods and has a small clearing just big enough to turn the truck around. She loves riding in the truck in the woods and I know she would love that place. It would be just the two of us there with no distractions.
I am glad you are not responding to the insensitive comments above... Go on with your plan and good luck in everything...
Marriage is game over

Owensboro, KY

#10 Jan 7, 2013
Murray residence wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad you are not responding to the insensitive comments above... Go on with your plan and good luck in everything...
How is what I said insensitive? It's reality. Kentucky has one of the highest divorce rate in the nation, tied for 6th highest.
Lol

Mooresville, NC

#11 Jan 7, 2013
I thought this was a post about anal......oh well
Emily

Kansas City, MO

#12 Jan 7, 2013
My husband did it the old fashioned way. We are in our early thirties, have been married for 11 years. He went to my parents house without me knowing, took them out to eat and asked their permision before he asked me. They gave him their blessing, two weeks later he asked me to marry him. No wonder my parents were so full of smiles for two weeks. They kept a good secret and it got my husband some good brownie points. Lol. Good luck! P.S., my parents love their two grandchildren! Oh, and I adore his parents as much as our children do. Life is great!
Chris Carney

Charlotte, NC

#14 Jan 7, 2013
Lol wrote:
I thought this was a post about anal......oh well
mooresville NC . How are you connected to murray?
interweb

Dallas, TX

#15 Jan 7, 2013
Chris Carney wrote:
<quoted text>
mooresville NC . How are you connected to murray?
You must not get out of your moms basement much.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Murray Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Davis 53 min ash 12
laurie parrish clayton 54 min lolingeverywhere 3
looking for billy 2 hr no need to know 14
msu football 2 hr Nick 2
No more brainwashing Kids 2 hr SpiritoftheHawk 15
Brain Williams NBC 3 hr 2Independent 90
Who drives the Bugatti 3 hr Pats fan 4
Middle aged women still dressing like sorority ... 4 hr State farm 9
who is Jamie and Bruce from Murray area? 8 hr Dick Dragon 19
Murray Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Murray People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:36 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 5:36PM
Falcons release veteran running back Steven Jackson
Bleacher Report 8:55 PM
St. Louis Rams: 5 Best Options to Replace Joe Barksdale This Offseason
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Why the Browns Need to Stay Far Away from Bradford
NFL 7:00 AM
Weinke makes a Luck-Bradford collegiate comparison
Bleacher Report 9:58 AM
Vince Young Registered at NFL Vet Combine