Police should have on lights or sirens if going over speed limit!!!

Posted in the Murray Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 50 Comments Last updated Dec 9, 2010
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
SafeDriver

Cunningham, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

The past 2 weeks on Hwy 641 a KY State Trooper has past me going at least 100-120 mph. The trooper did not have on a light or a siren and actually he came up on me so fast that I didn't see him until he was passing me. This is wrecklace driving and could cause a serious accident or death. When did the badge give you the right to break the law and endanger the lives of others?

Since: Oct 09

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

SafeDriver wrote:
The past 2 weeks on Hwy 641 a KY State Trooper has past me going at least 100-120 mph. The trooper did not have on a light or a siren and actually he came up on me so fast that I didn't see him until he was passing me. This is wrecklace driving and could cause a serious accident or death. When did the badge give you the right to break the law and endanger the lives of others?
So call the post commander and complain.
Debbie Feltersnatch

Central City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

I am sure they had to rush to their next speed trap. That is vital to their livelihood you know.
Chris

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

Well not like THEY'll get a ticket either way!
CAPTAIN BOB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

SafeDriver wrote:
It is wreckless
Whatev

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

Cops aren't above the law. If a cop is truly speeding that fast, report him to his superiors.
Realistic

Mckinney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2010

Call 911 report a reckless driver with their license plate and a description of the vehicle.

If it is that big of an issue, do the foot work and put it on the ballot. Many other places have already done this after officers have injured and killed individuals.
Beef

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2010

I agree, but what exactly would you put on the ballot?
hey

Cunningham, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2010

Can we contact Mitch McConnell. Would that work?
not me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2010

Judged:

sometimes they respond to calls they don't run lights or sirens, it depends on what the call is. not the safest but thats the way it is. not that many are done this way.just sayin
Big Al

Cunningham, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2010

If they are going over 10 mph over the speed limit, it should be a requirement to light and sound it up just for the safety of others on the road. What if a dog or deer ran out in front of him going that fast--how many persons could be killed as he wrecks. There's too many what if's going over 100 mph AND a KSP trooper should know better--regardless of the call.
A cop

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2010

Judged:

If a Cop is speeding, or breaking any other traffic law, they are required to have emergency equipment activated. That is policing 101. If you see a cop going that fast without lights or sirens, call their boss. We have enough PR problems without idiots like that.
Safe Driver

Cunningham, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2010

Thanks to "A Cop" for your response. I will call the KSP the next time and report. I would have hated to see a wreck resulting from this.
Two Cents

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2010

Judged:

A cop wrote:
If a Cop is speeding, or breaking any other traffic law, they are required to have emergency equipment activated. That is policing 101. If you see a cop going that fast without lights or sirens, call their boss. We have enough PR problems without idiots like that.
I agree, if you see something you believe to be unsafe, police or not, you should report it. If its the police you should call and speak with a supervisor. I've said it before, topix is a great place to blow off steam, but nothing gets done posting complaints here, you have to take it to the source. The only thing you've done is opened the door for the cop haters to come out and start bashing.
Seriously

Syracuse, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2010

Phil was right- the best person to call is the post commander.
irritated

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2010

whatisay wrote:
<quoted text>
The past two weeks or 2 weeks ago? If he came up on you so fast that you didn't see him until he was passing you, how do you know he was going 100-120 mph? Do you have a radar? If so, can you donate to law enforcement? Are they not trained to drive at excessie speeds so that they can respond quickly and safely when needed?
They're trained yes, however, they can't just abuse the law, there is actually a law that STATES, if an officer is driving in excess of the speed limit, he/she MUST run lights & sirens.
Bill

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2010

agreed
Pothead Hater

Bush, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2010

Judged:

Wrong, there is no state law or policy requiring them to have lights on. There are actually some cases such as a burglar still in someone's house, an ongoing bank robbery, or a hostage situation where they are trained to NOT use lights and siren as this will needlessly alert the bad guys to their approach and may actually lead to deadly consequences for someone looking to the barrel or a criminals gun.

Since: Sep 10

Emmetsburg, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2010

Do as I say, not as I do.
Dr Phil

Prospect, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2010

Judged:

Cops do what they want, are above the law, and just suck in general.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

89 Users are viewing the Murray Forum right now

Search the Murray Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min reality 147,004
Ryan S 49 min peter long prong 2
Flash of News (Aug '13) 1 hr Monica 3,374
i have a drinking problem 1 hr preacherman 8
Hughe Payne (Jul '13) 1 hr Have not heard 11
panera 1 hr The Lake 16
Debate: Gay Marriage - Murray, KY (Aug '10) 2 hr Brian_G 318
Dr. Derek Morgan (Jun '12) 3 hr Samm 35
calloway county court clerk 16 hr yep 28
i love Brent Allen 18 hr The Lake 13
Fight at the Apple Mon pink 4
•••
•••