Farming accident claims life

Aug 21, 2007 Full story: Murray Ledger & Times 13

Staff Report A 21-year-old man was killed Monday afternoon when a combine fell on him while he was working on Faxon Road. via Murray Ledger & Times

Full Story
Courtney

Murray, KY

#1 Aug 21, 2007
Derek L. Glisson was a hard working young man. Good kid, good man. Was raised by a good family. He will be missed GREATLY!!

“lisa”

Since: Aug 07

murray, ky

#2 Aug 22, 2007
yeah it was sad but no one ever mentioned about the migrant worker that got killed just a couple weeks ago (and yes he was a farmer )- just because he was not from around here and he was mexican.. shame on all of you!! murray ky has gotten handy to be discriminating.
AuH

Cumberland City, TN

#3 Aug 22, 2007
Maybe because he wasn't from around here and part of a pretty well known, hard working family.
JRFAN

Collinsville, IL

#4 Aug 23, 2007
kymom wrote:
yeah it was sad but no one ever mentioned about the migrant worker that got killed just a couple weeks ago (and yes he was a farmer )- just because he was not from around here and he was mexican.. shame on all of you!! murray ky has gotten handy to be discriminating.
I CAN NOT BELIEVE YOU CHOSE THIS AS YOUR COMMENT. THE GLISSON FAMILY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE WORKER WHO WAS KILLED, OR WITH MURRAY BEING DISCRIMINATING. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THEY ARE BURRYING THIER 21 YEAR OLD SON TODAY? WHAT PART OF THAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?? IT IS A SAD DAY AND A DAY THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING YOU HAVE MENTIONED. BEING A MOM AS YOU SAY, YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS. SHAME ON YOU FOR CHOOSING YOUR WORDS SO CARELESSLY. GOD BLESS BILL AND GINA AND THEIR DAUGHTER. TODAY IS A VERY SAD DAY AND THEY WILL HAVE MANY MORE TO COME.
JRFAN

Collinsville, IL

#5 Aug 23, 2007
REGARDING KY MOM COMMENTS. SHAME ON YOU FOR CHOOSING THIS INCIDENT TO UNLEASH YOUR RATHER TASTELESS COMMENTS. THE GLISSON FAMILY WILL LAY THEIR ONLY SON TO REST TODAY, A BRIGHT HARD WORKING YOUNG MAN WHO HAD HIS WHOLE LIFE BEFORE HIM. THEIR GRIEF IS ONLY JUST BEGINING. THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH INCIDENT OF THE MIGRANT WORKER YOU MENTION. PLEASE KEEP YOUR COMMENTS TO YOURSELF. IF YOUR A MOM AS YOUR SCREEN NAME CLAIMS, THEN YOUR HEART SHOULD BLEED AND WEEP WITH SORROW FOR BILL AND GINA DURING THIS AWFUL, AWFUL TIME. SHAME ON YOU!!
JRFAN

Collinsville, IL

#6 Aug 23, 2007
SHAME ON YOU KY MOM FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO KEEP YOUR PERSONAL COMMENTS TO YOURSELF. THIS STORY ISN'T ABOUT ANYTHING BUT THE LOSS OF A YOUNG MAN WHOM HAD HIS WHOLE LIFE AHEAD OF HIM AND FOR YOU TO BRING YOUR THOUGHTLESS COMMENTS TO THIS SIGHT IS JUST IN POOR TASTE. IF YOUR A MOM LIKE YOUR SCREEN NAME CLAIMS, THEN YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER. SHAME ON YOU

“lisa”

murray, ky

#7 Aug 23, 2007
JRFAN wrote:
SHAME ON YOU KY MOM FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO KEEP YOUR PERSONAL COMMENTS TO YOURSELF. THIS STORY ISN'T ABOUT ANYTHING BUT THE LOSS OF A YOUNG MAN WHOM HAD HIS WHOLE LIFE AHEAD OF HIM AND FOR YOU TO BRING YOUR THOUGHTLESS COMMENTS TO THIS SIGHT IS JUST IN POOR TASTE. IF YOUR A MOM LIKE YOUR SCREEN NAME CLAIMS, THEN YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER. SHAME ON YOU
BOO HOO YOU IDIOTS!!! IF YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH THEN GET OFF OF HERE!!! YES ITS CALLED DISCRIMINATION... IM LAUGHING AT YOUR SILLY AZZES.THIS IS THE REASON THAT LITTLE KIDS NEED TO BE BANNED FROM THE INTERNET TILL THEY REACH MATURITY AGE. I STAND UP FOR MIGRANT WORKERS BECAUSE THEY DO COME TO KY TO DO THE WORK THE AMERICANS SHOULD BE DOING!!! FYI - THE MIGRANT WORKER WAS A FATHER OF 2 PLUS HE HAD A WIFE SO YOU ALL NEED TO STOP BEING RACIST!!!! SHAME ON YOU FOR BEING SUCH A STUPID PATHETIC KID!! ACCIDENTS HAPPEN WHETHER THE PERSON IS YOUNG OR OLD.... SO DROP THE SUBJECT..... ITS OLD NEWS NOW.
JRFAN

Collinsville, IL

#8 Aug 23, 2007
WHATEVER. YOU SOUND LIKE THE ONLY CHILD ON THIS SITE. PLEASE DON'T RESPOND BACK, IT'S TOO HARD TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT YOU ARE MEANING TO SAY. HAVE A GOOD DAY AND GOD BLESS.

“lisa”

murray, ky

#9 Aug 23, 2007
LOL - YOU KNOW IM RIGHT... THATS WHY YOU WANT TO DENY IT... NOW I KNOW WHY YOU ARE ANON, IT IS BECAUSE YOU ARE A COWARD THAT LIKES TO THROW OUT FALSE STATEMENTS.... STAY OFF THIS FORUM, TROLL!
AuH

Cumberland City, TN

#10 Aug 23, 2007
kymom wrote:
<quoted text>
BOO HOO YOU IDIOTS!!! IF YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH THEN GET OFF OF HERE!!! YES ITS CALLED DISCRIMINATION... BLAH BLAH BLAH
If this happened to be an article regarding a migrant worker being killed, and we were talking about this farmer who died, perhaps then you could tell us about discrimination. I happened to know about the incident with the mexican getting killed, but did not know him personally. There's a thing called emotions, and you often have them even if you don't know a person. However, they are almost always stronger for a person you did know. I knew Derek and his family personally, however I did not know the other person to whom you refer.

Do I not know him because I'm a racist or because I am discriminating? That's not why at all. I just happen to know one person and not the other.

Let me ask you a question:

Say your mother is black and god killed, and that her funeral date was Monday of next week. Say that on that date, there was also a funeral for a white guy. Would you go in to the room full of people you do not know, honoring their lost relative or friend, and call them RACIST or claim that they're "discriminating" because they're not instead at YOUR mother's funeral?

I hope the answer is no. Haven't you, a mother, better things to do than argue online (in all caps)? I suggest you take a walk in someone else's shoes before you even think about adding your 2 cents.
JRFAN

Collinsville, IL

#11 Aug 24, 2007
Just don't respond to her, she totally missed the point on the whole article. She is trying to make it about something it has nothing to do with. I shouldn't have responded to her, it's what she wants, so she can unleash her immature statements and name calling. I knew the family too and they are awesome people, what a horrible trajedy. Thanks for trying to help me make it clear to her, but some people are just beyond help. She should know that there is no such thing as a stupid or pathetic kid, what kind of person says something like that? Anyway, have a great day.
carla feezor

United States

#12 Aug 24, 2007
I HAVE KNOWN THE SWIFTS AND GLISSONS FOR MANY YEARS
I HAVE RECENTLY LOST A GRANDCHILD.I FEEL FOR THE FAMILY DEEPLY.NOT ONLY HAVE THEY JUST LOST DERRICK BUT SIX MONTHS OR SO AGO THEIR MOTHER, THEIR WIFE, AND GRANDMOTHER SO SHAME ON YOU FOR BEING DISRESPECTFUL TO THEM.I AM VERY SORRY FOR THE MIGRANT WORKER AND HIS FAMILY BECAUSE A LOSS IS A LOSS NO MATTER WHAT OR WHO YOU ARE.
Hickie33

Portland, TN

#13 Aug 27, 2007
All I have to say is that I feel sorry for your children to have such an imature and ignorant mother. The Glissons are a great family and deserve respect. If you would have known Derek you would know that he was a great person who touched many people. But someone as rude and moronic as you wouldnt have been deserving of that friendship. I hope you feel good about yourself because you are the only one who ever will after a comment like yours. I hope someone can forgive you one day because I never will.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Murray Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
RachelWooten 2 hr Blah 8
As Wal-Mart turns 2 hr Abel 120
Romney's 47% 2 hr Anonymous Keyboar... 21
Graver is a .... 3 hr Graver 2
Huge Yard Sale 3 hr SellT 3
Police should have on lights or sirens if going... (Apr '10) 4 hr Not right 51
Flash of News (Aug '13) 5 hr Troy Brock 4,529
Grace baptist church (Feb '13) 13 hr HMMM 49
Murray Dating
Find my Match