Comments
1 - 20 of 31 Comments Last updated Dec 9, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
kentuckygirl

Murray, KY

#1 Dec 2, 2011
does anyone have any info about this accident?
?!?!

Ridgely, TN

#2 Dec 2, 2011
A 21 year old boy was sadly killed an the other boy was taken to the hospital...
?!?!

Ridgely, TN

#3 Dec 2, 2011
My mistake the boy who passed was 22 years old...
kentuckygirl

Murray, KY

#4 Dec 2, 2011
That's awful! One of the worst accidents I have ever seen :(
Happy wife

United States

#5 Dec 3, 2011
Was it on the news?
gbhdusf

Murray, KY

#6 Dec 3, 2011
A Murray man died Thursday night after his car was found off Wiswell Road, according to the Murray Police Department.

Police responded to the scene of an accident at approximately 11:47 p.m., Sgt. Scott Purcell said. When officers arrived, a red 2005 Pontiac GTO was found on its side resting against a tree. The driver was later identified as Oxden-Willows “Wil” Shearer, 22, of Murray. He was pronounced dead at the scene by Calloway County Coroner Rick Harris.

A passenger, Daniel Thile, 21, of Murray, was extricated from the vehicle and transported to Murray-Calloway County Hospital by ambulance. MCCH spokesman Kyser Lough said Thile’s condition was stable Friday morning.

The collision is still under investigation by Officer Scott Svebakken and is being reconstructed by Sgt. Purcell. The Murray Fire Department, MCCH Ambulance Service and the Calloway County Sheriff’s Office assisted at the scene.
Happy wife

United States

#7 Dec 3, 2011
This is a sad thing. My prayers are with the family's. God bless all.
///////

Murray, KY

#8 Dec 4, 2011
Happy wife wrote:
This is a sad thing. My prayers are with the family's. God bless all.
this should teach all young kids and adults to NOT drink and drive
Oh really

Bowling Green, KY

#9 Dec 4, 2011
[QUOTE who="///////"]<qu oted text>
this should teach all young kids and adults to NOT drink and drive[/QUOTE]

I don't recall anyone saying alcohol was involved.
/////

Murray, KY

#10 Dec 4, 2011
There was!!!
friend

Glen Allen, VA

#11 Dec 4, 2011
and how do you know alcohol was involved?
just wonderin

Murray, KY

#12 Dec 4, 2011
how is the other boy doing?
/////

Murray, KY

#13 Dec 4, 2011
friend wrote:
and how do you know alcohol was involved?
I was with him at vitello's !!!
/////

Murray, KY

#14 Dec 4, 2011
just wonderin wrote:
how is the other boy doing?
ok physically, mentally I am sure not well:(
just a friend of his

Paducah, KY

#15 Dec 5, 2011
[QUOTE who="///////"]<qu oted text>this should teach all young kids and adults to NOT drink and drive[/QUOTE]
So let me get this straight, you were there, saw him drinking, saw him leaving, and didn't say a word. Yet you have the gaul to talk down about him on the day he is buried.... Congratulations, you are a shitty human being. Yes he all know you should never drink ad drive, but he fucking died from it and then here you come on your moral high horse and talk down on him for it like a white trash Robert Ebert. You have some nerve.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#16 Dec 5, 2011
just a friend of his wrote:
<quoted text>
So let me get this straight, you were there, saw him drinking, saw him leaving, and didn't say a word. Yet you have the gaul to talk down about him on the day he is buried.... Congratulations, you are a shitty human being. Yes he all know you should never drink ad drive, but he fucking died from it and then here you come on your moral high horse and talk down on him for it like a white trash Robert Ebert. You have some nerve.
Oh please! I'd bet money that you've seen people drink and watched them walk right out the door without saying a word.

It seems to be all cool if someone drinks and drives home safely, but as soon as someone has a wreck or dies, people start pointing fingers like they're some sort of authority on the matter and demanding why something wasn't done about it.

I'm not bitching about your entire post, but the first part didn't make a bit of sense to me. We've all been guilty at one point or another of watching people drink and walk right out the door without anyone saying a word. What if the finger was being pointed at you for not saying anything? Don't make people feel like pieces of shit for things they didn't really even do.
Basketball Fan

Murray, KY

#17 Dec 5, 2011
[QUOTE who="/////"]<quot ed text>
I was with him at vitello's !!![/QUOTE]

Interesting since there is no Vitellos anymore.
just a friend of his

Paducah, KY

#18 Dec 5, 2011
I understand what you are saying and I guess I did fly off the handle a bit, but I still stand by it. However, in my opinion you have to be an unbelievably big douche to ride the moral high horse knowing you watched him leave. Yes I have seen people drive home after drinking, but I would never parade the death of a 22 year old as a rallying 3 days after it happened.
curious

Paducah, KY

#19 Dec 5, 2011
Basketball Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting since there is no Vitellos anymore.
okay smart ass we all no that there is no more vitellos and is now known as the Olive but I'm pretty sire we don't need your ignorance shown on here.
/////

Murray, KY

#20 Dec 5, 2011
just a friend of his wrote:
[QUOTE who="///////"]<qu oted text>this should teach all young kids and adults to NOT drink and drive"

I wasn't WITH him. I was at the olive also they were all drinking. We took a cab home like responsible
People. Do you have any idea what it would take to get everyone a cab that I wasn't friends with? I took care of
Who was in my party.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Murray Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min JOE NASTY 151,459
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 5 min UNKNOWN CAUSE 2,064
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 7 min Republicans Are S... 16,150
New Colors 22 min L4Life 7
Wells vs Rose 27 min Johnson 2
zaxbys general manager 55 min Fun-with-drugs 7
Flash of News (Aug '13) 1 hr Attorney from st ... 3,664
wreck at 4th and chestnut 1 hr yup. 10
August Moon hostess 23 hr John 5
•••
•••
•••

Murray Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000