Next Last
Bobby g

Bloomington, IN

#21 Apr 2, 2014
What color was he ?
Richard Rex

Bloomington, IN

#22 Apr 2, 2014
Reyon Williams is the gun mans name. An of course he is of color.
Mr Jim

Earlington, KY

#23 Apr 2, 2014
Babaloo wrote:
It's the second amendment people just like it's my first amendment right of FREE SPEECH to yell fire in a crowded theater.
Not at all. The right to protect one's life is not comparable to endangering others by speech. You are perfectly free to yell "FIRE!" in a crowded theater if you are willing to suffer the consequences of endangering others in the ensuing stampede.
Likewise, you are perfectly free not to carry a weapon and leave protection of your life up to others. What you are not free to do is to is to infringe on the rights of others to protect themselves.
The simple carrying of a weapon to protect your life and that of your family doesn't put others in danger---rather the opposite. That is why the Kentucky Supreme Court ruled that UK could not restrict the right of a person to have a weapon in their vehicle.
Sherry

Madisonville, KY

#25 Apr 2, 2014
The difference between the man walking around on campus with a long-barreled gun and the second amendment is:

1) You have the right to bear arms [for the protection of your person, family, and home].

That would be fine and dandy if that person had a tiny little glock or pistol. He was carrying around a LONG-BARRELED gun. That's the equivalent of a shotgun, sawed off shotgun, rifle, etc. When it comes to firearms, a pistol will do the job. There is no reason for a shotgun.

As for "everyone is getting freaked out for no reason--it's KY, people will have guns here", there have been too many incidents where someone has shot up a school, a store, and people in the streets.

It doesn't matter if you're in Kentucky or New York. If you see someone with a gun, obviously you're going to get freaked out.

Also, if you want to carry a gun around on you, that's fine. You should have it holstered though, generally at your hip. You shouldn't just be walking around campus with it out in the open. If a cop were to see that, you know what they would do?

They would probably call for backup, alert their backup that there's someone armed and dangerous, and probably shout "freeze" or "put the weapon down". Any sudden movements would have surely had them shot.
Just so ya know... :)

Murray, KY

#26 Apr 2, 2014
dumbass wrote:
Oh my God! Imagine that, a man carries his shotgun to his car and drives away and now the sky is falling. You bunch of fa99ots make me sick. This is the Midwest, Kentucky. Give me a break cowards. Long Gun, Long Gun, RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! The lard asses at WPSD will make your family safe!
From the Murray State website: "Weapons and dangerous materials are prohibited on all property owned or controlled by Murray State University. This prohibition encompasses, but is not limited to, outdoor areas, classrooms, laboratories, residential colleges and other living facilities, office buildings, performance halls and auditoria, museums, dining facilities, athletics and recreational facilities and arenas, farms, parking lots, and vehicles on property owned or controlled by Murray State."
Cope

Benton, KY

#27 Apr 2, 2014
[QUOTE who="Just so ya know...:) "]<quoted text>From the Murray State website: "Weapons and dangerous materials are prohibited on all property owned or controlled by Murray State University. This prohibition encompasses, but is not limited to, outdoor areas, classrooms, laboratories, residential colleges and other living facilities, office buildings, performance halls and auditoria, museums, dining facilities, athletics and recreational facilities and arenas, farms, parking lots, and vehicles on property owned or controlled by Murray State."[/QUOTE]
I know it says it on the website but they're wrong about parking lots. Look back at the comment from "boom" talking about the Mitchell vs. UK case.
dumbass

Martin, TN

#28 Apr 3, 2014
Maybe we should ban soldiers, some of them kill you know:

The soldier who fatally shot three people at Fort Hood, Tex., before killing himself had been undergoing treatment for depression and anxiety but had seen a psychiatrist last month and showed no “sign of any likely violence either to himself or others,” according to Army Secretary John McHugh.

The shooting was the third major gun attack at a U.S. military installation in five years, leaving the nation grappling with the prospect of yet more flag-draped funerals for troops killed on the homefront.

A government contractor went on a shooting rampage at the Washington Navy Yard in September, leaving 12 people dead. In 2009, Army Maj. Nidal M. Hasan opened fire on a group of soldiers at Fort Hood preparing to deploy to Iraq and Afghanistan, killing 13 people and wounding more than 30.
dumbass

Martin, TN

#29 Apr 3, 2014
Two places you can count on to find everyone unarmed and vulnerable, school campus and military bases.

"the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun"

Good guys with guns are around you every day and will stand up for you no matter how much we "disgust" you. You are free today because of guys like us who are basically UNAFRAID.
munchkins10

Benton, KY

#30 Apr 3, 2014
Fort Hood is the perfect example of why "arming" everyone is a joke. More skilled marksmen on that site than anywhere in the country and how many have died? and no.....most of the cowards (exercising their 2nd amendment right of course) shoot themselves....less than 1% have been killed with a good guy with a gun (blah blah blah) As long as cowards need to pack around their big ole guns to cover up for their little bitty manhood; people die. No woman has gone into these places and murdered people then killed themselves. It's always these macho cowards. Go kill you something macho man....a real man doesn't need a gun to save himself. You are the most afraid people I know!!!
dumbass

Martin, TN

#31 Apr 3, 2014
munchkins10 wrote:
Fort Hood is the perfect example of why "arming" everyone is a joke. More skilled marksmen on that site than anywhere in the country and how many have died? and no.....most of the cowards (exercising their 2nd amendment right of course) shoot themselves....less than 1% have been killed with a good guy with a gun (blah blah blah) As long as cowards need to pack around their big ole guns to cover up for their little bitty manhood; people die. No woman has gone into these places and murdered people then killed themselves. It's always these macho cowards. Go kill you something macho man....a real man doesn't need a gun to save himself. You are the most afraid people I know!!!
The following is the gun policy at Fort Hood as quoted in the Washington Post today:

"Soldiers on all military installations, including Fort Hood, are not armed while on post, nor are they permitted to carry any privately owned firearms. Only law enforcement and security personnel are allowed to have weapons on post.
On Fort Hood, the restrictions on personal weapons were expanded in the wake of the 2009 massacre and an epidemic of suicides on post, which is the largest active-duty armored post in the country. Current policy requires soldiers to register their own personal weapons with their commanders and to keep those weapons in the arms room.
A site welcoming new soldiers to Fort Hood uses red text and multiple exclamation marks to say all privately owned weapons must be registered at the visitor center before the owner enters the installation."

There is a reason killers/cowards choose schools, theatres, and military bases. They are all gun free zones. Now you are informed.

If you don't like guns, don't call 911 for help. They send men with guns. When it's too much for the cops to handle, they ask for more men with guns to come running. I like men with guns, I hate ignorance.
dumbass

Martin, TN

#32 Apr 3, 2014
Men with guns stop college killer

"In mid-January, a disgruntled student at ASL, Peter Odighizuwa, opened fire on campus wounding three people and murdering three others -- the school's Dean, a law professor and a student. As reported in The Charlotte Observer newspaper (1/18/2002), two men who helped bring the murderer under control were ASL students Mikael Gross and Tracy Bridges, both North Carolina law enforcement officers. The Observer says, in part:

Gross ran to his car, parked about 100 yards away, without dropping the gunman from his sight, grabbed his bullet-proof vest from his trunk and a gun from under his front seat. While the man pointed his gun at fellow students, Gross and two others ran toward him from different directions. One of the others was Tracy Bridges... who also had his gun, Gross said. When the gunman saw them, Gross said, he put his weapon down and his hands up. The third man, Ted Besen... was not armed and ordered the gunman onto the ground. Instead, the gunman lunged at Besen and punched him in the face.

When the murderer was confronted by the man with no gun, he ignored him. The murderer punched him in the face. But, when the murderer was confronted by the two men with guns, the murderer put his gun down and surrendered.

In an interview, Tracy Bridges tells us that he was told by a Virginia State Police investigator that when the murderer was stopped by himself and Gross "[the murderer] was going back to his car to get more ammunition." And yes, Bridges says, if he (Bridges) had been carrying his weapon -- instead of having to go to his car to get it -- he probably could have stopped the murderer earlier since "he (Bridges) was in a classroom across from where the first professor was killed." Bridges says the gun he used to force the surrender of the murderer was a Ruger Speed Six, an old .357 revolver; the gun Gross had was a Beretta."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appalachian_Scho...
dumbass

Martin, TN

#33 Apr 3, 2014
Armed Principal stops school killer:

"Vice Principal Joel Myrick held his Colt .45 point blank to the high school boy's head. Last week, he told me what it was like. "I said 'why are you shooting my kids?' He said it was because nobody liked him and everything seemed hopeless," Myrick said. "Then I asked him his name. He said 'you know me, Mr. Myrick. Remember? I gave you a discount on your pizza delivery last week."

The shooter was Luke Woodham. On that day in 1997, Woodham slit his mother's throat then grabbed a .30-30 lever action deer rifle. He packed the pockets of his trench coat with ammo and headed off to Pearl High School, in Pearl, Miss.

The moment Myrick heard shots, he ran to his truck. He unlocked the door, removed his gun from its case, removed a round of bullets from another case, loaded the gun and went looking for the killer. "I've always kept a gun in the truck just in case something like this ever happened," said Myrick, who has since become Principal of Corinth High School, Corinth, Miss.

Woodham knew cops would arrive before too long, so he was all business, no play. No talk of Jesus, just shooting and reloading, shooting and reloading. He shot until he heard sirens, and then ran to his car. His plan, authorities subsequently learned, was to drive to nearby Pearl Junior High School and shoot more kids before police could show up.

But Myrick foiled that plan. He saw the killer fleeing the campus and positioned himself to point a gun at the windshield. Woodham, seeing the gun pointed at his head, crashed the car. Myrick approached the killer and confronted him. "Here was this monster killing kids in my school, and the minute I put a gun to his head he was a kid again," Myrick said."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_High_Schoo...
dumbass

Martin, TN

#34 Apr 3, 2014
If you need a token liberal position to impress your college professors, try prescription drug deaths, real numbers of people are dying, though not as exciting as a few highly publicized gun deaths. Ban doctors and pharmacists? Sounds reasonable to me.

"More than 300,000 people died from drug poisoning in the U.S. between 1999 and 2009. That first year, opioid analgesics—drugs like methadone, oxycodone, and hydrocodone—were responsible for 21 percent of drug poisoning deaths. By 2009, that number had increased to 42 percent, or 15,597 dead, making prescription painkillers the leading cause of drug-poisoning deaths.

We've known for some time which types of U.S. communities have been hit the hardest by this country's prescription pill crisis (rural ones) and which states have the biggest problems (those on the Gulf Coast, in Appalachia, and the southwest). But a new series of maps published in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine shows that the problem has spread, and now reaches virtually every part of the country."
dumbass

Martin, TN

#35 Apr 3, 2014
Ban Ambien?

"But some information surfaced that could shed light on the mass shooting. Among other details, the Army revealed that the soldier suspected in the Fort Hood shooting was prescribed the sleeping drug Ambien, and had once reported a brain injury, though the military has no record that he was ever wounded."

Although the Food and Drug Administration approved Ambien in 1992, its warning labels have changed significantly over the last two decades as evidence mounted documenting the drug’s ability to induce dangerous behavior.

“After taking AMBIEN, you may get up out of bed while not being fully awake and do an activity that you do not know you are doing,” the label currently reads.“The next morning, you may not remember that you did anything during the night…Reported activities include: driving a car (“sleep-driving”), making and eating food, talking on the phone, having sex, sleep-walking.”

In the courtroom, cases related to Ambien use have ranged from shootings to child molestation charges to car accidents. In one such case, flight attendant Julie Ann Bronson from Texas ran over three people – including an 18-month old who suffered from brain damage as a result. When Bronson woke up in jail the next morning, she could barely comprehend what she had done.
OhShoveIt

Indianapolis, IN

#37 Apr 4, 2014
Dumbass- You're a fool.
Why

United States

#38 Apr 4, 2014
OhShoveIt wrote:
Dumbass- You're a fool.
Why is he a fool? Because he looked up info?

Why won't people realize that guns are NOT the problem?! The problem is the people behind the guns. Take all the guns away, and the SAME people will find another way to inflict harm. Too much time is wasted arguing over guns. We should instead be arguing over the lack of PROPER mental health diagnoses and treatments.
purple rain

Earlington, KY

#39 Apr 4, 2014
Didn't I read that the "gun" someone "thought" they saw turned out to be a camera tripod? All that kerfluffle over a tripod that some anti-gun nut imagined "might be" a weapon? Get a grip people! What would you do if you saw someone carrying a pool cue? Call out the National Guard?
OhShoveIt

Indianapolis, IN

#40 Apr 5, 2014
Why- Cause noone has said guns should be banned, he is way off base, the case of the matter is the policy of the school it was prohibited. No guns should not be banned yet on a campus, college or otherwise, students dhould not be allowed to carry in the public, teachers or hired workers maybe is a different story.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Murray Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hwy 641 South to state line 5 min facts from a hill... 51
Bucks body shop (Dec '16) 30 min car guy 7
girlfriend 1 hr Rick 2
go fund me scams 2 hr neglect 20
Son died 2 hr smack 3
My husband 10 hr Bruiser 9
love 10 hr Rick 6

Murray Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance