Toms Grill

Other

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
stuff

Mayfield, KY

#1 Sep 24, 2009
what's that fish place that moved over by the skate rink? I vote that... just because they have frog legs.
Stew Pidasso

Murray, KY

#2 Sep 24, 2009
August Moon... why was it not even on the list?
stuff

Mayfield, KY

#3 Sep 25, 2009
yuk... Unless you order a meal, screw that place.. The buffet food is usually cold when I go.. Or the last couple times anyways.
Phil DaPain

Madisonville, KY

#4 Sep 25, 2009
stuff wrote:
yuk... Unless you order a meal, screw that place.. The buffet food is usually cold when I go.. Or the last couple times anyways.
Ive had the same experience the couple of times I've been there. The last time we went we decided to go about 5:30pm with the thought that since it was right at the beginning of dinner time the food was sure to be hot and fresh. No such luck, most of it was cold and rubbery.
stuff

Mayfield, KY

#5 Sep 25, 2009
Our similarities must stop here. We can't be on the same side of an issue.
the hooded claw

Cadiz, KY

#6 Sep 25, 2009
This poll is.......not great. It needs more options, "Other" for myself would contain at least five eateries I would rank higher than almost anything on the list.

...and if you don't think Gloria's is among the best places in town for cleanliness, service, attitude, friendliness and food....you probably haven't eaten there...

that being said, damn I love some hih-burger.
Phil

Auburn, AL

#7 Sep 25, 2009
Yes, the Moon and practically any buffet, including Sirloin Stockade, is pretty disgusting. I do love their crab ragoon and the Mongolian Grill they have set up.
Lisa

Murray, KY

#8 Sep 25, 2009
My vote is for La Cosina... some of the best Mexican food we've ever had. My second choice would be Mary's Kitchen, because their food is good, they have huge selection, and they offer a non-smoking section (unlike Martha's).
kykid74

Mayfield, KY

#9 Sep 26, 2009
I like el tequila .It is authentic mexican food and atmosphere.There nachos and fajitas are great and also Mugsys they have the best pizza ever

“Skin a Floridian”

Since: Aug 09

Hiawassee, GA

#10 Oct 4, 2009
stuff wrote:
what's that fish place that moved over by the skate rink? I vote that... just because they have frog legs.
You gets you one ofen tham frawgs from down on the pond, han you licks on its, han gets a gooden high.
dystopia

Murray, KY

#11 Oct 4, 2009
What about Gloria's? That's easily one of the best places to eat in town.
Ray Elkins

Pella, IA

#12 Oct 5, 2009
Mary's Kitchen hands down. Mary's burgers are like I remember from 30 years ago in the rural stores cooked on an old flat grill. I've tried all other places here that do burgers and nothing compares to Mary's...especially the Triple Bypass Burger
Curious

Murray, KY

#13 Oct 6, 2009
WTF. Have you people ever heard of Los Portales! It's great food, the service is outstanding, and once you go there the staff treats you like family!

“Skin a Floridian”

Since: Aug 09

Hiawassee, GA

#14 Oct 6, 2009
Ray Elkins wrote:
Mary's Kitchen hands down. Mary's burgers are like I remember from 30 years ago in the rural stores cooked on an old flat grill. I've tried all other places here that do burgers and nothing compares to Mary's...especially the Triple Bypass Burger
I like Marys also, aburger is not good unless it is a bit greasy as well as the bun, if you don't put the bun on the grill you got a dry thing.Yea for the ole fashened Burger.
down home

Zavalla, TX

#15 Oct 7, 2009
Last week, we took some friends to a restaurant,' Gloria's Place,' and noticed that the waiter who took our order carried a spoon in his shirt pocket.

It seemed a little strange. When the busboy brought our water and utensils, I observed that he also had a spoon in his shirt pocket.

Then I looked around and saw that all the staff had spoons in their pockets. When the waiter came back to serve our soup I inquired,'Why the spoon?'

'Well,'he explained,'the restaurant's owner hired Andersen Consulting to revamp all of our processes. After several months of analysis, they concluded that the spoon was the most frequently dropped utensil.. It represents a drop frequency of approximately 3 spoons per table per hour.

If our personnel are better prepared, we can reduce the number of trips back to the kitchen and save 15 man-hours per shift.'

As luck would have it, I dropped my spoon and he replaced it with his spare.'I'll get another spoon next time I go to the kitchen instead of making an extra trip to get it right now.' I was impressed.

I also noticed that there was a string hanging out of the waiter's fly.

Looking around, I saw that all of the waiters had the same string hanging from their flies. So, before he walked off, I asked the waiter,'Excuse me, but can you tell me why you have that string right there?'

'Oh, certainly!' Then he lowered his voice.'Not everyone is so observant. That consulting firm I mentioned also learned that we can save time in the restroom.

By tying this string to the tip of our you-know-what, we can pull it out without touching it and eliminate the need to wash our hands, shortening the time spent in the restroom by 76.39%.

I asked quietly,'After you get it out, how do you put it back?'

'Well,' he whispered,'I don't know about the others, but I use the spoon.'
Ray Elkins

Pella, IA

#16 Nov 9, 2009
I used to eat a lot at Los Portales but a couple years ago I discovered Los Pinos in Mayfield. Haven't been back to Los Portales. Not that I think it is bad, but just that if we are in the mood for Mexican we'll just drive to Mayfield for a better meal than we have had in Murray.
Fred

Murray, KY

#17 Nov 10, 2009
1)My house
2)Cocina Mexicana
3)August Moon
4)Everywhere else
Mike

Clarksville, TN

#18 Nov 10, 2009
Jasmine
stuff

Mayfield, KY

#19 Nov 11, 2009
Cocina Mexicana has the best mexican dishes in town.
janis

Bowling Green, KY

#20 Nov 11, 2009
shogun has the best sushi rolls ever! you can go in, sit at the sushi bar and have a couple of rolls and it'll only be around 10-15 bucks for 2 people!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Murray Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Benton attorney files for circuit court judge 33 min Help 11
Thunderbolt Aquatics? 2 hr Christ died of AIDs 4
Review: Fast Line Carriers LLC 3 hr Lost in truck lin... 1
educated man 4 hr hmmm 2
bad wreck 121 south 5 hr nikki 12
Shawn Mayfield 5 hr Christ died of AIDs 4
drug bust 5 hr Motz 25
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Murray Mortgages