just wondering

Sedalia, KY

#143 Mar 20, 2013
so sorry wrote:
They are on a hiring freeze unless the board approves a position needs to be filled. There was a lay-off in security.
You confirming or denying my question? By the way, what does the board have to do with approving positions? That's an internal decision.
laid of emplyee 2013

Murray, KY

#144 Mar 21, 2013
just wondering wrote:
Heard CEO's friend was hired in security and friend's wife in IT? Any truth to this? Didn't know either position was needed. Both departments were operating fine.
I was wondering about this when it happened, Once again it comes down to who you know and or related to. Times are changeing and things will change.
Trumpmister

Murray, KY

#145 Mar 21, 2013
Had Enough wrote:
<quoted text>
I can tell by your post that you are a complete idiot. Ray Coursey has done an exemplary job with NO problems at each audit. We should stand and applaud Ray for having the guts to keep on going after his accident. Most would have just taken disability. Would you keep going if you had endured the hardships he has?
Defend him all you want; sympathy, cronyism, and nepotism are what drive the city and county governments. Bubba and Bubbaline are dumber and dumber!!!! Ray is getting paid $85,000 plus per year along with Elkins and Marcum. Really???? Who’s the idiot???
tell

Ashburn, VA

#146 Mar 21, 2013
I was wondering why they were hiring at spring creek if they laid people off?
laid off

Owensboro, KY

#147 Mar 21, 2013
They still have positions open at MCCH too.

http://www.mycareernetwork.com/clientResumeMg...

When they laid off the 25 at Geriatric Behavioral Health, none of them were given other positions even though other positions were open that some of them were qualified for. Some weren't even given an interview after applying which is against hospital policy (for in-house transfers).
laid off and pushed out

Madisonville, KY

#148 Mar 21, 2013
I too was laid off in the original layoff. I was 36 weeks pregnant at the time, they refused to hire me any place in the hospital as well as the others that were laid off. They cutt off my insurance as well and I was forced to apply for a medical card. After getting rid of is mr penner refused to even give us letters of recommendation after promising to do so. And a week after the unit I worked in closed, he got a 30% pay raise. Wtf? I have never seen a place treat its employees so poorly. I would never work there again even of the did somehow manage to get out of the hole they are in
tell

Hawesville, KY

#149 Mar 21, 2013
Ok thanks
mee

Greenfield, IN

#150 Mar 21, 2013
This will effect many buisnesses in MUR because more people will no $ to spend.
scrubs

Gladewater, TX

#151 Mar 21, 2013
Heard the Scrub Store is closing
Questions

Brownsville, TN

#152 Mar 21, 2013
Bad News wrote:
How many were let go?
Are there new estimates?
jutst me

Benton, KY

#153 Mar 21, 2013
well i still work there and received a 5% pay decrease so they are going to get 5% less work out of me!
ok

Tucker, GA

#154 Mar 21, 2013
jutst me wrote:
well i still work there and received a 5% pay decrease so they are going to get 5% less work out of me!
Great attitude. Let's make the world better.
laid off in 2013

Murray, KY

#155 Mar 22, 2013
laid off and pushed out wrote:
I too was laid off in the original layoff. I was 36 weeks pregnant at the time, they refused to hire me any place in the hospital as well as the others that were laid off. They cutt off my insurance as well and I was forced to apply for a medical card. After getting rid of is mr penner refused to even give us letters of recommendation after promising to do so. And a week after the unit I worked in closed, he got a 30% pay raise. Wtf? I have never seen a place treat its employees so poorly. I would never work there again even of the did somehow manage to get out of the hole they are in
I was in the second round in Nov. At least they were nice enough and gave me six weeks notice and I got the Letters you herd about. I am still looking for work but does not look good. On top of all this I have been hearing on the news that conpanies as charging their employees more on their health insurance for anything that does fit the description/classification of a perfect healthy person. So once again Obama care is screwing all of us. So if you do have a job dont show any illness, pass gas, burp or your preium will increase.
technically

United States

#156 Mar 22, 2013
Jen1221 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am assuming you believe everything you see on the news so I don't have to justify myself but my sister in law who has worked there for ten years just got moved to Spring Creek to a higher position. That is what she got. New title, no pay cut.
there were technically higher up people that were laid off and people that were their "under study" while on vacation were given their position without the raise, so in all reality they did get the paycut and in those positions it was more than 5%
Fact Check

Dawson Springs, KY

#157 Mar 22, 2013
laid off in 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been hearing on the news that conpanies as charging their employees more on their health insurance for anything that does fit the description/classification of a perfect healthy person. So once again Obama care is screwing all of us. So if you do have a job dont show any illness, pass gas, burp or your preium will increase.
Someone should check the law, I do not think that this is correct. If a company is doing this, it may be illegal. Obama Care made it illegal for insurance companies to charge more for pre-existing conditions. Since the insurance company cannot charge the employer more for an employee in less than perfect health than it does for a perfectly healthy one, if an employer is doing this it is so that they can pocket the money. They are just using Obama Care to deflect attention from what they are doing.

Since: Mar 13

Murray, KY

#158 Mar 22, 2013
technically wrote:
<quoted text>
there were technically higher up people that were laid off and people that were their "under study" while on vacation were given their position without the raise, so in all reality they did get the paycut and in those positions it was more than 5%
Yeah you're right. I was wrong about the promotion and the lack of a paycut.
abc123

Ashburn, VA

#159 Mar 22, 2013
So I guess the app. I filled out about a job opening at spring creek is not going to do me any good
greengirlshop

Calhoun, KY

#160 Mar 22, 2013
abc123 wrote:
So I guess the app. I filled out about a job opening at spring creek is not going to do me any good
It depends,if someone resigns and the position must be filled then it will be posted as being available. What did you apply for?
abc123

Ashburn, VA

#161 Mar 22, 2013
Housekeeping
obamanation

Murray, KY

#162 Mar 22, 2013
laid of emplyee 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>I was wondering about this when it happened, Once again it comes down to who you know and or related to. Times are changeing and things will change.
hey most people in this crazy country voted for the change, and I think this time his motto was forward......so might as well get use to it. I figure people on social security will be cut more than 5%, if they even get a check at all. then what will murray do? everywhere is going to be hurting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Murray Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I will be glad when....... 54 min Just me 14
Rodger doughty 4 hr Expert 1
summars family 5 hr hello 3
Joshua Frost 7 hr Turd 10
Republican Governors and their aftermath 8 hr Mville M 174
Tracy vance Mon Romam 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Mon Mesothelioma 587
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Murray Mortgages