United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2008

Judged:

Just wanted to say That Glendale church in murray does the food give away on Mondays - Went today and was turned down all because I dont attend that church.
I had a Very rude old man and woman ask me about my situation and he was like , we'll help you this month but we will not help you anymore. What an asshole. What kind of church treats people like that? Oh, other people had 2-3 big boxes full of all kinds of stuff - I ONLY recieved a few canned goods not to mention waiting in line for an hour. And I have 2 children and Not much income. ALL I hAve to say to GLendale church - kiss my white butt and stick your so called goods up your pathetic stingy @$$es and hope you burn in h3ll!
Wow How Classy

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2008

Judged:

Well, they are the chosen ones who will go to Heaven while all the Baptists, Methodists, Catholics, Lutherans, Presbyterians, and everybody else goes to hell. That's what you get for playing music in church.

But really, they are entitled to give out charity as they see fit and by parameters of their own choosing. That you somehow feel entitled to it is obscene. Perhaps, you should work on the "not much income" part of your equation.
Some Guy

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2008

Judged:

Glendale church wrote:
Just wanted to say That Glendale church in murray does the food give away on Mondays - Went today and was turned down all because I dont attend that church.
I had a Very rude old man and woman ask me about my situation and he was like , we'll help you this month but we will not help you anymore. What an asshole. What kind of church treats people like that? Oh, other people had 2-3 big boxes full of all kinds of stuff - I ONLY recieved a few canned goods not to mention waiting in line for an hour. And I have 2 children and Not much income. ALL I hAve to say to GLendale church - kiss my white butt and stick your so called goods up your pathetic stingy @$$es and hope you burn in h3ll!
Do they not have the option to take care of the needy in their own flock before caring for everyone else? Do you feed the neighbor's kids before your own? They apparently GAVE you groceries this time, was that not good of them? Perhaps you wish to be on a regular delivery route? You attitude in wishing that they burn in Hell tells us a lot you damn freeloader
anon

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2008

Judged:

The way I look at it if you are that in need of money to get food...one would think you would let luxuries like the internet go so you could use that money to feed your children. Just a thought
Wow How Classy

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2008

Judged:

Some Guy and anon, you'd better watch it. Glendale might start a poll about you.

Instead of, oh I don't know....looking for a job.
fly by knight

Cadiz, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2008

Judged:

there are a lot of people in need at this particular time. But there are those who are truly in need, and then there are those who are just lazy and looking for a handout. Churches are a place where those who are truly in need can turn for help. For those who can afford the computer to post rediculous allogations against Glendale, or any other church, examine yourself before condemning others.
Racer Gal

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2008

Judged:

have you considered prostitution?
some guy

Osage City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2008

Judged:

Racer Gal wrote:
have you considered prostitution?
Wow! I didn't see that coming.

“ja sagte ich das :)”

Since: May 08

jackson purchase area

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2008

a church is supposed to help anyone in need regardless if you attend there or not.

Since: Feb 08

KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2008

Don't throw stones in my direction... I have a few points:

I don't know the person at the top, but before people make assumptions, maybe consider they MIGHT have had the computer before any hard economic times. Perhaps when he or she got the computer, he or she was living within their means. Maybe the computer was important to their child's education (I don't know, I'm just saying... look at everything from two angles).

I was also under the impression that the Church's generally helped everyone in the community and not just "their own."

Then there's the problem of people who set up little scam type operations. I do know there is a family going around to all the local churches and getting whatever they can, trying to get free rides from the local transit system, and trying to get free lodging. They could be using that free time to apply for employment.

But, at the same time, while I understand "Glendale's" sense of duress, I agree he or she shouldn't have been prepared to send people to hell that didn't help the way he or she saw fit.
Some Guy

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2008

Judged:

DanaBartonish wrote:
a church is supposed to help anyone in need regardless if you attend there or not.
I believe they did in fact help this person. Also, on what do you base this broad statement? I disagree. Each church or charity should be allowed to set their own limits as to who they help. No flame intended, I just think differently.

jackson purchase area

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2008

Some Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe they did in fact help this person. Also, on what do you base this broad statement? I disagree. Each church or charity should be allowed to set their own limits as to who they help. No flame intended, I just think differently.
churches are to help the needy,regardless of where they attend church.
thats a staple rule of being a christian.
CHEERFULLY GIVE.
i have never heard of a church helping ONLY their members.
i can see them helping thier own flock a little more than a non member but in no way,turning away a needy person.
anon

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2008

Dana I agree churches should help those in need however the person that began this thread did receive help just not as much as he/she felt they deserved. My complaint is not that he/she went asking for help but that once it was received no matter how small it was not appreciated. Being a mother of two I would appreciate any amount given to me if I needed it to feed my kids. I also would let luxuries such as the internet go in order to make sure they had food. That is my complaint with this thread the not trying to help themselves. As one person asked maybe they need it for their children's education...well I say the well being of my child's health would come first and explain to school officials the need of food more than the need of the internet. As far as the person that began this thread...I do hope your troubles turn around and you obtain the means to help your children I truly do hope that for you...But sometimes we must try to help ourselves before others will help us.
Christian from Glendale

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2008

Judged:

Some Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Do they not have the option to take care of the needy in their own flock before caring for everyone else? Do you feed the neighbor's kids before your own? They apparently GAVE you groceries this time, was that not good of them? Perhaps you wish to be on a regular delivery route? You attitude in wishing that they burn in Hell tells us a lot you damn freeloader
I attend this church and you DO NOT have to attend our church.I am involved in the food program.I am unsure of why this person was told we couldn't help her as we have alot of people.There was one girl who came who has a income of 2400.00 a month,I am unsure if this is the same person,but if you have a income of 2400.00 a month,then I think you need money management classes as I would love to have that much income monthly.Most of the members does not-I see the senior citizens as well as the little children bringing food on Sunday mornings for this program.I feel sorry for this person as she is not telling the truth about this program as no one has to attend our church to get help!!-Her comments are way out of line and we help people who have fallen on hard times and are a support for those.There are always ones who will take advantage of this program as we know people come and get food and trade or sell it for cigarettes,beer or whatever.We can just give from our hearts and hope it is accepted that way.In christian love,a proud member of Glendale!!
some guy

Osage City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2008

Judged:

Christian from Glendale wrote:
<quoted text>
I attend this church and you DO NOT have to attend our church.I am involved in the food program.I am unsure of why this person was told we couldn't help her as we have alot of people.There was one girl who came who has a income of 2400.00 a month,I am unsure if this is the same person,but if you have a income of 2400.00 a month,then I think you need money management classes as I would love to have that much income monthly.Most of the members does not-I see the senior citizens as well as the little children bringing food on Sunday mornings for this program.I feel sorry for this person as she is not telling the truth about this program as no one has to attend our church to get help!!-Her comments are way out of line and we help people who have fallen on hard times and are a support for those.There are always ones who will take advantage of this program as we know people come and get food and trade or sell it for cigarettes,beer or whatever.We can just give from our hearts and hope it is accepted that way.In christian love,a proud member of Glendale!!
Thank you for clearing this up for us. I feel confident that we are dealing with the person you speak of above.

Thank you for your good work. Please don't let a bad apple like this spoil your taste for helping people.
Christian from Glendale

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2008

Judged:

I just want to make sure that everyone knows that I live in Murray,not Rutherford,Tn.I have lived here all my life.Another comment,if she is from Eddyville,we are not suppose to accept her as every County has the church support system in each town.As I said before,no one has to attend our church to receive the food box.I just think the record needed to be straightened up as untruths doesn't help anyone!We help alot of people each week as does other churches in this area.-We try to do our part as best that we can and hope the ones that need help,come!!Sadly,most of the ones that need help are too proud to ask.It doesn't matter which church does what,we all need to do our best to help anyone in their time of need and hope that all churches do that.-member of Glendale Road Church of Christ
some guy

Osage City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2008

Christian from Glendale wrote:
I just want to make sure that everyone knows that I live in Murray,not Rutherford,Tn.I have lived here all my life.Another comment,if she is from Eddyville,we are not suppose to accept her as every County has the church support system in each town.As I said before,no one has to attend our church to receive the food box.I just think the record needed to be straightened up as untruths doesn't help anyone!We help alot of people each week as does other churches in this area.-We try to do our part as best that we can and hope the ones that need help,come!!Sadly,most of the ones that need help are too proud to ask.It doesn't matter which church does what,we all need to do our best to help anyone in their time of need and hope that all churches do that.-member of Glendale Road Church of Christ
Thank you for your help.

jackson purchase area

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2008

may we all count our blessings,indeed.
Clem

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2008

Judged:

I am sure she is a scammer, lazy, and goes around looking for anything free. She will rot in hell
buttercup

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2008

Judged:

i do know from an experience with glendale, which i gave someone a ride that really needed food, they were rude to this young lady.

some of those people look at the less fortunate as lazy, but thats not always the case.

maybe we should all quit judging people, and remember its better to give , than receive.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

43 Users are viewing the Murray Forum right now

Search the Murray Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
calloway county court clerk 9 min blah 10
Rachel Wooten 45 min Tim 11
Best-Bow ShootoutOur experts put 7 of the newes... 52 min brad 4
Mary's kitchen what do you think of it? 1 hr Today 43
Richard T 1 hr alee7231 2
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Jack 146,425
Men and their Phones 3 hr killin time 6
murray state should be ashamed of themselves! 5 hr teehee 76
disaster after disaster 7 hr better answer 43