good docs/hospitals
needing feedback

Whitewater, WI

#1 Oct 26, 2012
Been in Murray since 07 and have used primary care. Never had an issue until I had my little boy. I don't like any of the docs they have there for my toddler. Also I went to murray/calloway co hospital to deliver and had the worst exp. EVER. I am going to have my second child in March and need a non joke of a hospital. I am hearing good things on western baptist in paducah and was wondering what places and docs the moms on here have had good exp with.

I am just wanting some feed back from actual people not the doc/nurses/hospitals themselves. We all know they are going to make themselves sound wonderful.

I understand some may love primary care and or the hospital here in murray but I have had bad exp with 2 docs at primary care and a horrid exp at the hospital after giving birth. I DONT WANT TO GO BACK THERE.
lime

Somerset, KY

#2 Oct 26, 2012
When I think great medical advice I think topix.
betty

United States

#3 Oct 26, 2012
KEEP YOUR LEGS CLOSED!
needing feedback

Milton, WI

#4 Oct 26, 2012
Maybe that's why murrays hospitals are jokes...look who responds.
People that can't read apparently and people who make no sense.
Lime needs to reread the post considering I am not asking medical advice and Betty needs to just keep their mouth shut due to not making sense. That'd be like someone asking someone what car dealer has good deals and reliable cars due to a bad experience in the past and betty responding with....Don't get a car.
Respond all you want. I am not wasting my time, effort, or energy with anymore jokes in Murray. So go ahead lime and betty respond with more intelligent responses. I have learned my lesson trying to talk to the immatures on topix(Does not apply to everyone however, as I have seen some intelligent people on here. They are far and few between when it comes to MURRAYS' posts on topix....as these two have wonderfully demostrated)
So go ahead and talk some more babble..it's pretty entertaining when I have some down time.
Bigdog

Two Harbors, MN

#5 Oct 26, 2012
You deserve to be mocked.You want to see a stupid post,read the first one.
For Real

Murray, KY

#6 Oct 26, 2012
I had my daughter by emergency C-section in Murray several years ago and had a wonderful experience. That said, I have had others tell me of their experiences that were not so great. You might want to look into Jackson Purchase Medical Center in Mayfield. Yeah, I know, it's Mayfield, but the hospital has a terrific birthing center, or at least it did when my sister had her kids a few years ago. Very nice facility, nice extras, too. I don't know this firsthand, but you could at least check it out.

Also, I'm sorry for the ignorance of the other two posts. I wish that "lime" could understand that this site has the potential to be used to share legitimate information, and I sort of wish "betty" would be quiet until she has something intelligent to say. Good luck!
needing feedback

Milton, WI

#7 Oct 26, 2012
For Real wrote:
I had my daughter by emergency C-section in Murray several years ago and had a wonderful experience. That said, I have had others tell me of their experiences that were not so great. You might want to look into Jackson Purchase Medical Center in Mayfield. Yeah, I know, it's Mayfield, but the hospital has a terrific birthing center, or at least it did when my sister had her kids a few years ago. Very nice facility, nice extras, too. I don't know this firsthand, but you could at least check it out.
Also, I'm sorry for the ignorance of the other two posts. I wish that "lime" could understand that this site has the potential to be used to share legitimate information, and I sort of wish "betty" would be quiet until she has something intelligent to say. Good luck!
I heard of JPM but haven't looked into it yet. My current doc, who I do like, is affiliated with them. I will do some research on them and see. It's so hard to make a decision on where to go and who to see just judging by ratings on a website....you can never really tell if they are legit or not. I figured I'd ask on here due to it reaching a lot more people at once than any other site. Then I can save some time and do some research on the ones listed as good experiences from people who were there. I have 2 to look more into now, JPM and western baptist. However, people here are just oozing with intelligence....as the other posts demonstrated so well.
I would love to go back to murray/calloway if my experience wasn't as bad. My little boys collarbone was broke during delivery..which I can understand due to the circumstances of him not fitting properly through birth canal. However, no one caught it. Not the doc delivering(which is understandable as he is a gyno..I can give that leeway), not the doctor on staff at the time he was born, or any of the nurses who took care of him in the nursery while in the hospital. Then the doc who looked him over after birth I went back to 2 times and even asked specifically why was he not using his left arm, and was told "it was probably just the way he was laying in the womb". Not knowing any better, as he was my first, accepted the response. I then went to a different doc for his next wellness check and was told his collarbone was broken and is healing. She showed me and I even felt the calcium buildup on the 2 bone parts as they reconnected. I was in shock that no one caught this. I know this is common while delivering naturally so why did no one check for that? anywho...The hospital even got his name wrong on birth certificate and the time he was born was wrong as well. Took me about a month to finally get it corrected.
The room was nice and the nurses and everyone were very nice but after that ordeal(which wasn't life/death by no means) I just don't want to risk that happing again knowing it happened the last time.
Just a big headache that I didn't need after just having a baby. Not to mention having a baby with a broken collarbone and not knowing it was broke. It could have ended way worse than it did esp if the bones didn't set right or he lost movement in his arm/shoulder due to it not setting right. Having it rebroken, etc. Figured I'd just look for another hospital/ doctor and see what others recommend.

Thank you for not being like the majority on here and giving a post worth my time. This was one WORTH responding to

needing feedback

Milton, WI

#8 Oct 26, 2012
FYI he was not crying in pain from his broken collarbone and was eating and sleeping fine. The only sign he gave that something was wrong was just him not moving his left arm as much as right one. He tended to hold it at his side more. This was why I accepted the docs answer, "that he was laying like that in womb". There was no in your face indication something was wrong..if that was the case I would have seen another doc right away for a second opinion. Even while dressing him/lifting his arm he didn't seem distressed or in any pain.

Some may say well then if he wasn't crying in pain all the time then it's no wonder the docs, etc didn't find it. That may be true, but when your child gets looked over by a doctor afer birth and for wellness checks, etc. broken bones should be looked for esp in the collarbone due to it being common.
From Murray

Trenton, TN

#9 Oct 26, 2012
needing feedback wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard of JPM but haven't looked into it yet. My current doc, who I do like, is affiliated with them. I will do some research on them and see. It's so hard to make a decision on where to go and who to see just judging by ratings on a website....you can never really tell if they are legit or not. I figured I'd ask on here due to it reaching a lot more people at once than any other site. Then I can save some time and do some research on the ones listed as good experiences from people who were there. I have 2 to look more into now, JPM and western baptist. However, people here are just oozing with intelligence....as the other posts demonstrated so well.
I would love to go back to murray/calloway if my experience wasn't as bad. My little boys collarbone was broke during delivery..which I can understand due to the circumstances of him not fitting properly through birth canal. However, no one caught it. Not the doc delivering(which is understandable as he is a gyno..I can give that leeway), not the doctor on staff at the time he was born, or any of the nurses who took care of him in the nursery while in the hospital. Then the doc who looked him over after birth I went back to 2 times and even asked specifically why was he not using his left arm, and was told "it was probably just the way he was laying in the womb". Not knowing any better, as he was my first, accepted the response. I then went to a different doc for his next wellness check and was told his collarbone was broken and is healing. She showed me and I even felt the calcium buildup on the 2 bone parts as they reconnected. I was in shock that no one caught this. I know this is common while delivering naturally so why did no one check for that? anywho...The hospital even got his name wrong on birth certificate and the time he was born was wrong as well. Took me about a month to finally get it corrected.
The room was nice and the nurses and everyone were very nice but after that ordeal(which wasn't life/death by no means) I just don't want to risk that happing again knowing it happened the last time.
Just a big headache that I didn't need after just having a baby. Not to mention having a baby with a broken collarbone and not knowing it was broke. It could have ended way worse than it did esp if the bones didn't set right or he lost movement in his arm/shoulder due to it not setting right. Having it rebroken, etc. Figured I'd just look for another hospital/ doctor and see what others recommend.
Thank you for not being like the majority on here and giving a post worth my time. This was one WORTH responding to
What you are describing is shoulder dystocia. I'm surprised it was not noticed as the baby would have limited arm movement and it should have been caught on the assessment. There could also have been nerve damage which would have been worse. There is nothing they can do for a fractured collar bone except a sling. I sincerely understand not wanting to return to MCCH. Mayfield does have a very reputable birthing center as does Western Baptist. Personally, I hate Primary Care, I love Murray Medical Associates. I wish you well in your decision.
From Murray

Trenton, TN

#10 Oct 26, 2012
P.S. There are a lot of immature individuals on here, most of them are juveniles!
betty

United States

#11 Oct 27, 2012
quit complaining. if you were not whoring around and getting yourself knocked up them you would not have to worry about "good hospitals/doctors"..
needing feedback

Woodstock, IL

#12 Oct 27, 2012
From Murray wrote:
<quoted text>
What you are describing is shoulder dystocia. I'm surprised it was not noticed as the baby would have limited arm movement and it should have been caught on the assessment. There could also have been nerve damage which would have been worse. There is nothing they can do for a fractured collar bone except a sling. I sincerely understand not wanting to return to MCCH. Mayfield does have a very reputable birthing center as does Western Baptist. Personally, I hate Primary Care, I love Murray Medical Associates. I wish you well in your decision.
I know there wasn't anything they could really do for him except to just make sure it healed correctly, and no other damage was present (as you mentioned about the nerve damage). Not knowing something was wrong was the absolute worst. I cringe when I think about how something as simple as getting him dressed could have caused him a decent amount of pain. Had I known he was injured I would had watched his arm movement and made sure not to move it, bump it etc. However, since I didn't know I didn't take any precautions with his arm. As I mentioned before he never acted as if anything caused him any terrible amount of pain.

I am just so glad he is a happy healthy 22 month old now. His arm seems completely fine now and he never favors it or shows discomfort moving it.

I just don't understand how this could have been missed by so many people. I could maybe understand one person but not a nursing staff that takes care of newborns and surely not a doctor that saw him 3 times and is a pediatrician( and the concern about his limited arm movement was clearly brought up by both the dad and I).

I thank you for your answer and think I found my 2 that I will now narrow down to one.
xhale

Valdosta, GA

#13 Oct 27, 2012
needing feedback wrote:
Been in Murray since 07 and have used primary care. Never had an issue until I had my little boy. I don't like any of the docs they have there for my toddler. Also I went to murray/calloway co hospital to deliver and had the worst exp. EVER. I am going to have my second child in March and need a non joke of a hospital. I am hearing good things on western baptist in paducah and was wondering what places and docs the moms on here have had good exp with.

I am just wanting some feed back from actual people not the doc/nurses/hospitals themselves. We all know they are going to make themselves sound wonderful.

I understand some may love primary care and or the hospital here in murray but I have had bad exp with 2 docs at primary care and a horrid exp at the hospital after giving birth. I DONT WANT TO GO BACK THERE.
I've had friends who have given birth at JPMC and loved it...I've never heard any complaints!
I personally went to Western Baptist and my experience was great! I have no complaints! It was also comforting to me, personally, to know they now have a NICU...because,well, unfortunately you just really never know if you might need it!(Thankfully my baby didn't have to go into the NICU!!)
Best of luck in your decision and I hope things work out well for you and for your baby!! By the way, congrats!!:)
needing feedback

Chicago, IL

#14 Oct 28, 2012
xhale wrote:
<quoted text>
I've had friends who have given birth at JPMC and loved it...I've never heard any complaints!
I personally went to Western Baptist and my experience was great! I have no complaints! It was also comforting to me, personally, to know they now have a NICU...because,well, unfortunately you just really never know if you might need it!(Thankfully my baby didn't have to go into the NICU!!)
Best of luck in your decision and I hope things work out well for you and for your baby!! By the way, congrats!!:)
Thank you for your response. The NICU is a comforting thought. This way if something does happen you don't need to drive anywhere in a panic.
Thanks so much
dnt worry
#15 Oct 28, 2012
ive had gransons born at both mcch and jpmc they took very good care of my daughters and grandsons
bookbyte

Murray, KY

#16 Oct 29, 2012
My boy Douglas does deliveries out the back of his camper, good rates too. Lemme know if ya wanna hit him up.
Doctor

Murray, KY

#17 Oct 29, 2012
I remember the day I delivered your baby.I distinctly remember telling you to push,and you stopped pushing and your tight snapper shut and dislocated your sons shoulder! It's your furballs fault this happened not mine!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Murray Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
city payroll tax?? 5 min slinging d 1
NFL boycott 5 min uuhuu 18
shooting marshall co high 13 min Hafnha 22
#releasethedocuments 3 hr peepeeman 50
Trump Shutdown 4 hr yep 74
Bogard Concert 4 hr Sad 11
Booger 5 hr local boy 2

Murray Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance