Bain Capital, LLC closed Fisher price

Posted in the Murray Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
noname

Houston, TX

#1 Jul 19, 2012
980 jobs Murray lost sent to Mexico, that same company that Mitt Romney owns. the same one Rep Ed Whitfield has gave $2000.00 to here you read the links. you still want to vote republican LOL
http://tinyurl.com/7n73h35
noname

Houston, TX

#2 Jul 19, 2012
here a screen capture of Ed Whitfield donation to Mitt Romney http://tinyurl.com/6qbo8rr
Justice for all

Murray, KY

#3 Jul 19, 2012
all boils down to this the middle class is screwed,obama can't seem to help ,but to give everything free to the lazy ones and the poor.romney he going be for the rich and cut all the poor recieving now/
noname

Houston, TX

#4 Jul 19, 2012
Mitt Romney could care lees about your jobs look how he's made his money. tell me what President Obama has given different than has been in the past. when the poor go to the emergency room you pay for that by higher insurance
Zeevee

Knoxville, TN

#5 Jul 19, 2012
Repuicans are so gawdamn stupid. And sherf joe dun fount at neegros birthatificates faker an hale. Woo wee shoo! I'm owna git me some free markitz!
YOUNS BEAR BE AMERCIA PATROITS OR GTFO!
SCREW IT, LET'S RIIIIIIIIIIDE!
Hey I got on my harlee daversons uniform. U know what at manes. I'm a gawtamn rebel and got the clothes and 30,000$ motorbike at proves it!
SHUT UP YADAM FAIG
Zeevee

Knoxville, TN

#6 Jul 19, 2012
To be fair Obama and the democrats are disgusting. They are playing the role of the castrated kings servant who's hands are tied and wish they could do something but....oh gotta go cash that fascist corporate check with a gaggle of zeros on it. Brb.
RatEmOut

Elizabethtown, KY

#7 Jul 19, 2012
Well Murray, Kentucky has a few jobs left and the folks that live in Murray can vote for Romney and Whitfield, in 2012, so Romney and Whitfield can outsource the rest of them.
noname

Houston, TX

#8 Jul 19, 2012
Zeevee wrote:
To be fair Obama and the democrats are disgusting. They are playing the role of the castrated kings servant who's hands are tied and wish they could do something but....oh gotta go cash that fascist corporate check with a gaggle of zeros on it. Brb.
look what the Republicans did today you really think they give a shit about your JOB
Senate GOP kills measure to curb job 'outsourcing'

Updated: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:58 PM

Senate Republicans have killed a measure backed by President Barack Obama that would encourage companies to bring overseas jobs back to the United States.
Sdd

Hawesville, KY

#9 Jul 19, 2012
Hey dumb ass he does not own Bain. Also your boy Bill Clinton did NAFTA, which sent millions of jobs to Mexico!
Sdd

Hawesville, KY

#10 Jul 19, 2012
You say republicans are racist! Who started the NAACP white republicans! Who started the KKK white democrats! Who was for slavery white democrats! Who was for not having blacks vote white democrats! Who was for segregation in the south white demOcrats. Who is still trying to hold the black man down white democrats! Who wants jobs for everyone white republicans! Who wants to help the black man by giving them jobs and teach them how to be productive self supporting members of the free world republicans! Who wants to hold down the black man in the ghettos and are prisons buy giving them everything and not teaching self responseability white democrats
Zeevee

Knoxville, TN

#11 Jul 19, 2012
Hey dumnass! Derp! I don't care if Obama wins or not. It's obvious we are all fucked and just waiting for it to get bad enough to start rioting and running politicians out of office.
But make no mistake about it, Romney is without a doubt THE WORST POLITICIAN TO EVER RUN FOR OFFICE EVER
He is a multiple choice, flip flopping, everything that's wrong with the republicans and the elite poster boy. If you have a Romney bumper sticker on your vehicle you should be ashamed of yourself and I honestly believe that one day, you will be EMBARASSED for having supported people like Romney and Palin, listening to fox news and the like.
When the dust clears and they write the history books for this era, words like, republican, conservative, free market ideology will began every page and every chapter. Democrats will be a pathetic footnote, an archetypal representation of the limp wristed well meaning technocrat.
This country has been gutted, raped, shamed and violated by the deregulation and free market policies which both parties supported but one party IDEALIZED.
This bullzhit started with Reagan and is culminating in a horrible decay of the middle class and that stench rolling up and hitting your nose? That's called fox news and it's the result of 40 years of straight up Christian-fascist propaganda that was coordinated with a deliberate attack on the met sl and physical health of our salt of the earth brethren the dumb corn fed well meaning simple country folk who had thee brain pulled out their nose by the time they were in sixth grade.
This country ALWAYS fared better EVERY FUCXING TIME a democrat was in office except for carter in the past 70 years or better. Progressive ideals are a GAWDAM ABSOLUTE NECESSITY when the past 200 years of history is nothing more than the story of technology and machines and their wealthy owners usurping basic mass human labor.
I am. It a democrat or a progressive. I am a REALIST.
You have to have a political, cultural or social mechanism to offset the usurping of human jobs by machines.
YES it is more "profitable" for companies to outsource and downsize and scale back and liquidate and etc their workforce and logistical and production networks. But more profitable for WHOM?
Yes economists, quarks and financial advisors will tell the CEOs and the bankers that this path is more profitable than that path and on paper, YES "free market" is "better", but for WHOM?
Do you know what "maximizing shareholder profit" MEANS?
It means making choices that are fucking ASSAULTS on the middle class, on hundreds of millions of lives, for literally a few hundred people. Shareholders are the groups of investors that own a company not people that own a few shares or bought stock, but people who have millions or billions in a company or group of companies.
Know why CEOs get hundred million dollar bonuses?
It's a compensation for the loss of their soul when making psychopathic business decisions against hundreds of millions of families ON A DAY TO DAY BASIS AS PART OF THEIR NINE TO FIVE JOB DESCRIPTION.
THEY DONT CARE ABOUT YOU
THEY POISONED YOUR BODY AND YOUR MIND AND YOU REWARD THESE PEOPLE BY VOTING THEIR GAWDAMM PETS INTO OFFICE.
RatEmOut

Elizabethtown, KY

#12 Jul 19, 2012
Zeevee wrote:
Hey dumnass! Derp! I don't care if Obama wins or not. It's obvious we are all fucked and just waiting for it to get bad enough to start rioting and running politicians out of office.
But make no mistake about it, Romney is without a doubt THE WORST POLITICIAN TO EVER RUN FOR OFFICE EVER
He is a multiple choice, flip flopping, everything that's wrong with the republicans and the elite poster boy. If you have a Romney bumper sticker on your vehicle you should be ashamed of yourself and I honestly believe that one day, you will be EMBARASSED for having supported people like Romney and Palin, listening to fox news and the like.
When the dust clears and they write the history books for this era, words like, republican, conservative, free market ideology will began every page and every chapter. Democrats will be a pathetic footnote, an archetypal representation of the limp wristed well meaning technocrat.
This country has been gutted, raped, shamed and violated by the deregulation and free market policies which both parties supported but one party IDEALIZED.
This bullzhit started with Reagan and is culminating in a horrible decay of the middle class and that stench rolling up and hitting your nose? That's called fox news and it's the result of 40 years of straight up Christian-fascist propaganda that was coordinated with a deliberate attack on the met sl and physical health of our salt of the earth brethren the dumb corn fed well meaning simple country folk who had thee brain pulled out their nose by the time they were in sixth grade.
This country ALWAYS fared better EVERY FUCXING TIME a democrat was in office except for carter in the past 70 years or better. Progressive ideals are a GAWDAM ABSOLUTE NECESSITY when the past 200 years of history is nothing more than the story of technology and machines and their wealthy owners usurping basic mass human labor.
I am. It a democrat or a progressive. I am a REALIST.
You have to have a political, cultural or social mechanism to offset the usurping of human jobs by machines.
YES it is more "profitable" for companies to outsource and downsize and scale back and liquidate and etc their workforce and logistical and production networks. But more profitable for WHOM?
Yes economists, quarks and financial advisors will tell the CEOs and the bankers that this path is more profitable than that path and on paper, YES "free market" is "better", but for WHOM?
Do you know what "maximizing shareholder profit" MEANS?
It means making choices that are fucking ASSAULTS on the middle class, on hundreds of millions of lives, for literally a few hundred people. Shareholders are the groups of investors that own a company not people that own a few shares or bought stock, but people who have millions or billions in a company or group of companies.
Know why CEOs get hundred million dollar bonuses?
It's a compensation for the loss of their soul when making psychopathic business decisions against hundreds of millions of families ON A DAY TO DAY BASIS AS PART OF THEIR NINE TO FIVE JOB DESCRIPTION.
THEY DONT CARE ABOUT YOU
THEY POISONED YOUR BODY AND YOUR MIND AND YOU REWARD THESE PEOPLE BY VOTING THEIR GAWDAMM PETS INTO OFFICE.
Preach on Zeevee. Tell it like it really is.
jed

Jacksonville, TX

#13 Jul 19, 2012
at least now i will be able to buy a six pack of beer while i read all of this.
hiphopinky

Whitestown, IN

#14 Jul 19, 2012
jed wrote:
at least now i will be able to buy a six pack of beer while i read all of this.
Hey Jed...you got that right. And U R funny too!!! Go Murray, Go Wet, and keep votin' Republican so you can watch your job go away too.
Kenny

United States

#16 Jul 20, 2012
The same corporations fund the campaigns of both parties. We only have the illusion of choice.
student

Albany, GA

#17 Jul 20, 2012

Romney:$98,000,000 stake in Mattel in 1999? He Announces Olympic sponsorship as stock crashes

by Shuksan Tahoma

SEC filings, press releases, and other contemporaneous documents released between 1997 and 1999 indicate that Mitt Romney may have parlayed a $23m investment and seat on the board of troubled software firm The Learning Company (TLC) into an ownership stake in Mattel, Inc. worth as much as $100,000,000 as of June, 1999.

On September 25 of that year, Romney, in his role as CEO of the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympic Organizing Committee, stood before the world to announce that the SLOC had signed an exclusive licensing agreement with Mattel for the production of stuffed-animal representations of the Olympic mascots.

Romney made no mention of his personal ownership interest in Mattel. Less than two weeks later, Mattel made a bombshell announcement.

On October 4 Mattel disclosed that The Learning Company had incurred millions in product returns and bad debt write-offs and that the TLC division of Mattel would incur a $50-$100 million loss rather than the large profit forecast.

Mattel, whose stock had traded as high as $27.23 when the TLC merger was completed, at $24.14 on June 25 (the date upon which Romney's ownership is documented and worth estimated), closed at $11.69 on October 4.

CNBC would later label the Mattel/TLC merger as 'one of the five worst of all time.'

The market had discovered, and Mattel had admitted, that The Learning Company was essentially a worthless shell.

Mitt Romney, by virtue of his control of a seat on the TLC board, would have most certainly known this to be true.

Thus, and by virtue of his statement of 25 September, 1999, Mitt Romney exposes himself to the potential for very serious allegations of fraud, namely:

That he used his position as CEO of the SLOC to influence the choice of Olympic sponsors and licensees.

That he used his position as CEO of the SLOC to make public statements about the health of Mattel which he knew or should have known, to be materially false.

That he used his position as CEO of the SLOC to influence the investment decisions of shareholders or potential shareholders of Mattel, or to influence the price of Mattel's stock, while failing to disclose his own material interest in Mattel.

That he failed to disclose to the SLOC, to the USOC, and to the IOC, a clear conflict of interest with respect to his ownership status in Mattel.
student

Albany, GA

#18 Jul 20, 2012
God and even after crap like this Republicans in town will vote for this prick because hes a bussinesman. He took a foreign company (The Learning Company) and merged it with Mattel to create a rise in his stock value because TLC was not doing so hot, then dumped it at some undisclosed time for the $$$$$ and bailed as Mattel closed its last American plant. Here in Murray.

Some job creator. Guys your vote actually means something in Murray do a little research.
Jeff

Paducah, KY

#19 Jul 20, 2012
Wow this is a legit news website if ever I saw one.

Bain never had anything to do with Fisher-Price.

Go get a job at a real propaganda firm like NBC.

This is amateurish.
student

Albany, GA

#20 Jul 20, 2012
CNBC would later label the Mattel/TLC merger as 'one of the five worst of all time.'

The market had discovered, and Mattel had admitted, that The Learning Company was essentially a worthless shell.

Mitt Romney, by virtue of his control of a seat on the TLC board, would have most certainly known this to be true.

WELL JEFF DISPROVE IT, TELL ME BAIN DIDN'T OWN A SUBSTANTIAL SHARE OF TLC AND MITT DIDN'T HAVE A PLACE ON THEIR BOARD. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ITS FALSE BUT I'VE BEEN TO SEVERAL SITES THAT PROVED THAT. IM OPEN TO ANYTHING JUST PROVE IT!
student

Albany, GA

#21 Jul 20, 2012
The only thing missing to the story would be when Romney dumped the Mattel stock. That would point in some form or fashion to his motives in the merger.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Murray Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cold water drug dealer 37 min Smh 1
Racist families 1 hr Master Blaster 13
Another gas leak 1 hr Mike 5
City Council Hardball 6 hr F off 46
hospital bills 9 hr oicunu812 9
court square confederate monument 9 hr oicunu812 47
Grace baptist church (Feb '13) 10 hr Pcsenn 83

Murray Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance