The food stamp/medicaid office
curious

Murray, KY

#21 Nov 13, 2008
KOL wrote:
I have very little respect for people who are committing fraud so they can draw some sort of government or state help.
While i'm on my soap box.
I disagree with people who keep having kids because they know they can rely on programs like WIC, etc.
Accidents do happen: accidental pregnance, loss of job, etc. But, come on don't keep having the kids and expecting the government to pay for them.
I also feel that for someone to be able to pick up an unemployment check that person shall have to pass a drug test each time. This goes for disability checks as well.
I'm sure you can tell that i didn't vote for Husein Obama!
Murray has jobs. It's just that most of the jobs require you to work! If you are older and can't work like a 20 year old then I agree good jobs are harded to come by. There is little excuse for a young man or woman for that matter to have to be living off the government.
A 23 year old ...3 kids....aged 1-3-4....husband deserts her.....she works 40 a week...minimum wage.....$262 gross weekly pay....childcare $80 weekly for each child.....plus gas and doctors because kids get sick more when in child care settings...do the math...the government requires her to work at least 20 hours weekly in order to keep her $300 a month K-Tap check....people cannot get a welfare check unless they are single parents who do not receive child support.....K-tap recipients must sign that the state gets to keep whatever child support they are able to recover form the noncustodial parent.
Now ask who will watch the children for a Mom to work at any other time than the daytime hours M-F ....most minimum wage jobs require nights and weekends....You might want to research before you spout off.....

Since: Mar 08

Murray,KY

#22 Nov 14, 2008
I can see the logic in almost all of the statements here. I believe there are people who need the services. I.E. Elderly, legitimate physical and mental dissablities, single parents going to college.

On the other hand there are FAR too many people taking advantage of the system as well. I knew a gentleman who drew an SSI check because he was dissable due to a speach impediment. The only thing wrong with him that I could tell was a slight lisp. You could understand him perfectly if you paid any kind of attention. I asked him what kind of jobs his lisp prevented him from doing all he said as he walked away was "why work when I can sit home, do nothing, and get paid for it"

I dont understand the criteria for dishing out these checks but I think they need to be a little more stringent. Maybe this is one reason the Social Security picture as a whole looks very grim for the future.

I agree 100% that ANYONE on ANY kind of government assistance, whether it be SSI checks or food stamps, should have to pass a monthly drug screen. If you can afford illegal drugs they can find a way to afford food, housing, etc etc.
hey now

White House, TN

#23 Nov 14, 2008
I agree fully with you. However, what happens to the children in the home getting food stamps because his mom and dad are doing drugs? Does he not get fed? Does anyone care? The parents don't care. Really, what is the answer for the children in homes with drug addicts?
curious

Murray, KY

#24 Nov 14, 2008
ItsSecret wrote:
I can see the logic in almost all of the statements here. I believe there are people who need the services. I.E. Elderly, legitimate physical and mental dissablities, single parents going to college.
On the other hand there are FAR too many people taking advantage of the system as well. I knew a gentleman who drew an SSI check because he was dissable due to a speach impediment. The only thing wrong with him that I could tell was a slight lisp. You could understand him perfectly if you paid any kind of attention. I asked him what kind of jobs his lisp prevented him from doing all he said as he walked away was "why work when I can sit home, do nothing, and get paid for it"
I dont understand the criteria for dishing out these checks but I think they need to be a little more stringent. Maybe this is one reason the Social Security picture as a whole looks very grim for the future.
I agree 100% that ANYONE on ANY kind of government assistance, whether it be SSI checks or food stamps, should have to pass a monthly drug screen. If you can afford illegal drugs they can find a way to afford food, housing, etc etc.
drug test kits are very expensive.....and professional testing is even more expensive....if these people cannot afford food how will they pay for drug tests???Is the government going to pick up the tab???Is that cost effective??
KOL

Poplar Bluff, MO

#25 Nov 14, 2008
hey now

i commend you for doing all that without government assistance. It sounds like you know how many children your family can afford without having to rely on government assistance. I wish more familys were like yours.
I just do not support a government that allows people to continue to keep screwing up. Like the family with 3 kids that can't afford another but go on ahead and have that 4th kid because they know the government will step in and raise them.

If my hard earned money is going to be given away i just want stricter laws so that the tax payers don't give there money away to the people committing fraud for handouts or the people who rely on the government for things like shelter, etc. but they spend the money they do make (if they actually work) on stuff like cigaretts, beer, drugs, cell phones, fancy big screens, etc.

Thus the reason i didn't vote for the Dem. in the past election.
KOL

Poplar Bluff, MO

#26 Nov 14, 2008
If the mother or father pops positive for a drug test does the kid not get fed? Are you serious?
I would hope that the government wouldn't want kids being raised in a household where the guardians are doing drugs! I would hope that an official takes that step forward and investigates the situation. Maybe the kids are taken away from the parents. Yeah that's tough but, if the kids are left in that household what would happen?

The parents don't care that they are doing drugs in front of there kids and spending the money from the government on drugs. Correct! So why do we make it easier for the parents to get the drugs.
KOL

Poplar Bluff, MO

#27 Nov 14, 2008
yelp drug test from walmart, etc. are expensive. But, you know what i bet the federal government can get a deal on them when buying in bulk. What do you think? Will the government pick up the bill? I don't know especially after the new elect is in the white house.

I'll gladly pay my taxes weekly if i know it's paying for drug test that will be used to get kids out of a household where drugs are being used and if the money is going to a legitimate needy person.
ummm

Murray, KY

#28 Nov 14, 2008
KOL wrote:
yelp drug test from walmart, etc. are expensive. But, you know what i bet the federal government can get a deal on them when buying in bulk. What do you think? Will the government pick up the bill? I don't know especially after the new elect is in the white house.
I'll gladly pay my taxes weekly if i know it's paying for drug test that will be used to get kids out of a household where drugs are being used and if the money is going to a legitimate needy person.
Drug tests purchased by probation and parole are bought at the most economical level and they are still expensive....drug testing all recipients of aid.....how do you decide when to test.....except for cannabis most other drugs are processed out of the body in 12 to 48 hours???are you going to test everyone every other day???if they test on their appointment day for aid....wouldn't they just abstain from use until after the test on the appointment day??are we going to show up at their homes every other day and test until we catch them???I have no doubt that there are people out there getting aid that do not deserve it....I also have no doubt that they abuse the system....I am just saying you don't cut off your nose to spite your face....the cost would be outrageous....and then if someone does test positive....are you going to foster all of these children??
kol

Waterloo, IL

#29 Nov 14, 2008
It would deter users especially if it was random. Also, no i don't think a junky can go more than 48 hrs without a fix. It would catch the daily users quickly. Meth is the most dangerous and one of the most addictive. A highly addicted user can go more than a day. Also, even if a meth head stays off the pipe long enough to pass the test the test facility should beable to atleast flag this person and maybe set them up for a random on down the road.

am i going to foster all those childen? I feel that it should be done. This depends on the drug being used and the amount of drug used. It sounds like you are saying "out of sight out of mind". Don't test cause you might not like what you find????
We can house thousands of illegal immigrants but we can foster drug addicts kids?? Come on this isn't Africa where the countries don't have any money.
murray girl

Benton, KY

#30 Nov 14, 2008
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
A 23 year old ...3 kids....aged 1-3-4....husband deserts her.....she works 40 a week...minimum wage.....$262 gross weekly pay....childcare $80 weekly for each child.....plus gas and doctors because kids get sick more when in child care settings...do the math...the government requires her to work at least 20 hours weekly in order to keep her $300 a month K-Tap check....people cannot get a welfare check unless they are single parents who do not receive child support.....K-tap recipients must sign that the state gets to keep whatever child support they are able to recover form the noncustodial parent.
Now ask who will watch the children for a Mom to work at any other time than the daytime hours M-F ....most minimum wage jobs require nights and weekends....You might want to research before you spout off.....
THANK YOU
curious

Murray, KY

#31 Nov 14, 2008
murray girl wrote:
<quoted text>
THANK YOU
YOUR WELCOME......keep on keeping on....things will be better as they grow....God Bless
kyladi

White House, TN

#32 Nov 14, 2008
I have heard some of the women working at the food stamps office,got a job there, by doing favors on at least one old man, in city government.

its sad.....
curious

Murray, KY

#33 Nov 14, 2008
kyladi wrote:
I have heard some of the women working at the food stamps office,got a job there, by doing favors on at least one old man, in city government.
its sad.....
back it up or shut it up....slander is a crime...punishable by law
Parent

AOL

#34 Nov 14, 2008
kyladi wrote:
its sad.....
Looks like shes on every topic starting crap. She must be one of those not so hot nurses- I smell jealousy!!

Murray,KY

#35 Nov 14, 2008
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
drug test kits are very expensive.....and professional testing is even more expensive....if these people cannot afford food how will they pay for drug tests???Is the government going to pick up the tab???Is that cost effective??
Urine tests are not expensive at all, they give them away free at the police department for parents to test their kids. I dont have the answer but I have a serious problem with government aid, that I pay for, going to dope heads that can seem to find the money to buy illegal drugs but not food.
curious

Murray, KY

#36 Nov 15, 2008
ItsSecret wrote:
<quoted text>
Urine tests are not expensive at all, they give them away free at the police department for parents to test their kids. I dont have the answer but I have a serious problem with government aid, that I pay for, going to dope heads that can seem to find the money to buy illegal drugs but not food.
Do you think the police department gets them for free......I work where we randomly test individuals several times a week....they are expensive....and we get them at the same price as the police dept.....and.....again I am not saying it is ok for people to buy drugs and then feed their families with government aid...i am just saying that drug testing all those that receive aid is unrealistic....and judging everyone who receives aid is unfair to those who are really trying to get back on their feet from whatever has put them down......haven't you ever known anyone who was down through no fault of their own...what about the over the uninsured person who has worked the same job for years but has no benefits and then he finds he has cancer....or he gets hurt....or she needs open heart surgery...what about the guy who works at the factory that is closed down due to our economy??? Are going to stand at the door of the welfare office and judge everyone going through the door to see if they are worthy enough to be there???

Murray,KY

#37 Nov 16, 2008
First of all, the police dept does not pay for them, I know this for a fact. They get them from the county drug awareness program to hand out to anyone that wants one. I dont believe they could do this if they were very expensive. Im sure they get a discount somehow. But thats neither here nor there. The fact remains that aid is handed out to dope heads who dont deserve it. Maybe they should do a study and see what the actual cost would be to institute some kind of drug screening. Who knows, maybe the money they save in not handing dope heads money might be more than they would spend in testing. I dont know, you dont know. Something needs to be done. Government aid is handed out too freely to people who dont deserve it. I can only imagine how much money is wasted on undeserving recipients. They probably take away from total benefits handed out to people who DO deserve it. Are you ok with your tax dollars being handed out to dope addicts and people who claim disability that arent disabled enough where they cant work? It angers me to know that when I go to the grocery store and have a hard time affording food to feed my family that there is some crack head or meth head thats getting a hand out. Both my wife and I work full time jobs and go to school 3/4 time just to scrape buy to make the mortgage payment, put gas in the cars, and put clothes on our daughters back. Do I want sympathy, a hand out or a free lunch.....NO I DONT. Yet there are people who sit home and do nothing claiming a "dissablilty" or sit home cracked out of their heads that get that stuff handed to them using the money I pay in taxes. Maybe drug testing isnt the answer, but I dont think anyone likes the thought of their tax dollars going to dope addicts, unless of course your a dope addict.
kyladi

White House, TN

#38 Nov 16, 2008
looks like i hit a nerve, you must know the same person.

starting crap...no

truth hurts sometimes...
testem

Brownsville, TN

#39 Nov 16, 2008
I don't know but I think alot of these people get aid because they are to lazy to work. I think they are to lazy to work because they have been smoking dope. If we pay for the drug test they may stop smoking dope or if they don't stop using we stop paying to support some of these people. eather way we come out ahead all because of a $10.00 drug test.
kyladi

White House, TN

#40 Nov 16, 2008
doubt the drug testing would work,,,most of these people who do drugs,know how to pass a drug test!!

they can be dirty and still pass, they know the ropes!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Murray Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kaci stubblifeld 1 hr Hard knocks 2
Calloway Middle School Princial singles out stu... (Aug '14) 3 hr Hellno 41
Trumpcare goes down bigly 10 hr TCHS Class of 2018 59
Samantha Turner 10 hr Truth 5
Baldys (Feb '15) 10 hr Tsirhc h susej 74
Elsewhere KY (Aug '16) 11 hr Cletus 55
I don't like you... 11 hr Greg 4
Rechelle Turner 12 hr c haddow 59

Murray Jobs

More from around the web