gymnastics centers in murray

gymnastics centers in murray

Posted in the Murray Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Mayfield, KY

#1 Aug 18, 2011
wondering about pros/cons on mcbrides and ukc looking for a center for my daughter

United States

#2 Aug 18, 2011
I just signed my daughter up at ukc so I don't know from experience yet but everything I have heard is really good.
whispering wind

Toledo, OH

#3 Aug 18, 2011
I dont know about ukc these days. Only past experience, ad that was they were more focused on their cheerleading classes. That may have changed with the new facility.
Mcbrides is good to start with. Marty keeps classes at a 5 student to 1 teacher ratio, teaches a variety of different things (from rings to tumbling) etc.
my opinion

Mayfield, KY

#4 Aug 18, 2011
My daughter went to UKC for over a year, and we quit back in May. I'm positive that they didn't even know her name. And even after everything, she still can't even do a cartwheel correctly. They never even bothered to teach her that stuff. They just pulled out mats and let the kids work on it on their own.

To the previous person who said that they are only focused on their cheerleader classes, you are completely correct. If your daughter isn't in their competitive cheerleading, then they don't bother.

If what you are saying about McBride's is correct, I'd start with there first if you don't want the cheerleading aspect of it.

Murray, KY

#5 Aug 18, 2011
My girls went to UKC for years..owners never paid any attention to my girls..they didn't even know their names..only thing they cared about was my money..very unorganized..scheduled several private lessons with the owners they would never show up..I could go on and on..take this as a would be better to save your money as to go to UKC!!
old mom

Murray, KY

#6 Aug 18, 2011
Macbrides enough said
whispering wind

Tomball, TX

#7 Aug 19, 2011
Let's put it this way. We went to ukc for six months. Quit not being able to do any tumbling tricks (cartwheel being one of them). First day at mcbrides, she was not only doing a cartwheel, but a one handed cartwheel, a round off, and a headstand.

United States

#8 Aug 19, 2011
I wish this thread would have been on here before I signed my daughter up. All I have heard were good things. Well I guess I'll have to find out for myself iv already paid now so no turning back. Where is this mcbride's? Just in case I'm not happy.
whispering wind

United States

#9 Aug 19, 2011
Take chestnut past Baldys, follow the curve around (industrial road?) there will be a sign. It's basically across the street from the DES building. The road is across from Clark construction

Murray, KY

#10 Aug 20, 2011
My daughter goes to McBride's and we love it. She has been in not quite a year and she can do cartwheels, headstand, round off etc. She can almost do a back handspring she is just afraid to let them move their hand. She has learned very quickly. Marty is wonderful with the kids as well and so is his staff. The actual street they are on is Spruce off of Industrial Rd. My sister is who recommended it to me. Her daughter wen to UKC for almost six years because she wanted to cheer. My sister switched her because she really didn't seem to learn anything and they were only interested in taking her money. She said she learned more in the two years she spend at McBride's than the whole six she spent at UKC.

Okeechobee, FL

#11 Dec 4, 2011
Iv personally been tumbling for 14 years now and just from what i have seen, UKC has gone down hill since Aaron and Joel and they are only cheer associated... Mcbride is an awesome teacher however, he dosent quite have the gym. My advice and what i also did was, transfer to paducah, either PGA or Lakewood. Both are awesome facilities and have amazing teachers.

Benton, KY

#12 Dec 6, 2011
Well let's see- UKC is great in my opinion, I can't say anything bad about McBrides because my girls have never been there but what I can tell you about UKC is this- my daughter went in 6 shorts months from a cartwheel to a backhandspring , they have never forgotten my childrens name and they do pride there self on there Cheer Teams, and why shouldn't they. We pay very well for the services we recieve but I would say if you have any problems, they are very easy to talk to and will listen. But a problem can't be addressed if they aren't aware.. So as you said you will just have to see for yourself but there is good and bad in all gyms...

Cave City, KY

#13 May 29, 2013
My daughter was chose as GSP for Murray this summer. She is on L5 compitition team and concerned about not tumbling on spring floor for 5 weeks. I need a gym and name for a private with someone who can spot safely @ her level. She only gets to leave campus 1 day. We will travel a little if needed,

Chicago, IL

#14 May 29, 2013
Contact UKC and explain the situation and I'm sure they would be able to help her out. PGA is also an option and they have a new location outside of Murray, almost to Mayfield. Either option would be great for an L5.

Murray, KY

#15 May 29, 2013
Marty is excellent. He has been teaching for a long time. He has regular gymnastic classes and he also has cheerleading gymnastics. He has an excellent reputation and is a very qualified instructor. Kids from surrounding counties drive to Murray for his classes. Marty knows all of his students by name and the kids adore him. He is very respected by all cheer sponsors. McBride Gymnastics Rocks!!!!!

Chicago, IL

#16 May 30, 2013
Ukc is all about the money and cheer now I do not recommend it. I used to go there for years and its just not that great anymore. I switched over to mcbrides and it was so much better!! I suggest mcbrides

Benton, KY

#17 May 30, 2013
sigh wrote:
Ukc is all about the money and cheer now I do not recommend it. I used to go there for years and its just not that great anymore. I switched over to mcbrides and it was so much better!! I suggest mcbrides
It's a business. Money is the point.

Benton, KY

#19 May 30, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>It's a business. Money is the point.
It used to be about the skills and working hard to achieve something now they just care about Cheerleading and money.

Mayfield, KY

#20 May 31, 2013
I would suggest UKC. They're not all about the money. They care about the students in every class, not just cheerleading. Everytime I walk into the gym, there are coaches working with students. At some point the student will have to work by themself as there cant be a coach for every kid in the class. If you have a problem I suggest you speak with the owners of the gym. I think they would be more than happy to help you.

Crofton, KY

#21 Nov 12, 2013
I have been at Ukc for the past few years and I love it here. I wouldn't change it for anything. They care about everyone and not so much the money any more. If your looking for a gym that treats kids like they r their own this is the gym u want to go too. No other gym is like this one....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Murray Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Greedy Park,charging 10 and hour 35 min LiberTEA 13
looking for a woman to pleasure me 56 min Low standards sic... 683
Taylor Dodge Chrysler 1 hr truth 5
Clinton Scandels 1 hr American Patriot 3
Trash house bulldozed in New Concord 2 hr Yep 5
Casey's General Store 8 hr Jake from State Farm 28
LBL Halloween 14 hr walker 3

Murray Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance