Fosters Flea Market
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1 Feb 20, 2011
Is it safe to shop there...or is he harmless?
boodoodle

United States

#2 Feb 21, 2011
Ms Carolina wrote:
Is it safe to shop there...or is he harmless?
It's a flea market .... of course it's safe .... people and vendors everywhere.

Location hidden

#3 Feb 21, 2011
I asked because several weeks ago my girlfriend ans I were harassed by a tall drunk man who continually tried to get one or both of us to go in the back room with him. He reeked of alcohol and it was honestly scary to the point we thought of calling 911. Though he acted as though he belonged there...maybe he was just passing though. I certainly hope that was the case.
boodoodle

United States

#4 Feb 21, 2011
Ms Carolina wrote:
I asked because several weeks ago my girlfriend ans I were harassed by a tall drunk man who continually tried to get one or both of us to go in the back room with him. He reeked of alcohol and it was honestly scary to the point we thought of calling 911. Though he acted as though he belonged there...maybe he was just passing though. I certainly hope that was the case.
I would have turned him into one of the Fosters. Mrs. Foster sings and plays with the country band in front of the building by the vegetable store and her daughter runs the cafe inside .... please notify one of them as he might be a regular vendor. In what location was the 'back room'?

Location hidden

#5 Feb 22, 2011
There were antiques and big wild animal heads... there were several other men who also appeared to be drinking sitting around an old wood stove. Enough said...my point is neither of us will go back.
WTF

United States

#6 Feb 22, 2011
Ms Carolina wrote:
There were antiques and big wild animal heads... there were several other men who also appeared to be drinking sitting around an old wood stove. Enough said...my point is neither of us will go back.
WHO CARES!!!!GO CRY AND B*TCH SOMEWHERE ELSE.THATS ALL YOU DO.DON"T GO BACK..AND PLEASE GO BACK TO FLORIDA.
boodoodle

United States

#7 Feb 22, 2011
Ms Carolina wrote:
I think I know where you're talking about. If so, that place gives me the creeps as the vendor and his friends just stare at you when you walk in .... I haven't been in there but a couple times for that very reason.

Location hidden

#8 Feb 24, 2011
I have since asked others who are familiar with this particular flea market...they say "this gentleman" has forever considered himself "a gift to any woman" other than his wife. How he has managed to stay in business this long is beyond me! It's said "everyone knows his reputation"...and "if you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen". LADIES BEWARE!

Location hidden

#9 Feb 24, 2011
Oh don't be such a prude! That back room you're referring to is also a bathroom, if you haven't gone in there "with that handsome cowboy" you need to at least once in your otherwise boring life. And don't worry about his wife, she long ago lost track of how many times she's caught him with women. I, for one am a lifelong "customer", and you can bet sooner than later I'll return "for a little "backroom fun".

Location hidden

#10 Feb 24, 2011
CORRECTION: actually it's not "little"!

Location hidden

#11 Feb 27, 2011
You ladies out there who are too prudish to venture into "that back room" have no right to an opinion...if you become a favorite, I suppose judged on your performance, that cowboy just might show up on your doorstep. Though not as good as he once was he remains as good once as he ever was!

Location hidden

#12 Feb 27, 2011
This gentleman referred to is the perfect example egoistic hedonism. Uninterested in those around him, including his wife and family, he's the epitome of an egotist...a walking talking egomaniac! A prima donna if there ever was one. Yes, once upon a time my shopping trip ended in "that back room"... and I'm ashamed to say a long drawn out extramarital affair filled with his promises began. From trips up north to the back seat of his truck and my own bedroom...I, along with I later learned an endless list of others, experienced it all. Like an adolescent child I fell for his pretentious gibberish. Ladies, unless you're looking for a one night stand, my advise to you is to avoid "that notorious back room". And to up date the previous post... years of alcohol abuse has ruled "this gentleman" impotent! And from one who knows firsthand... that's a fact!!

Location hidden

#13 Feb 27, 2011
Obviously all you ladies,and I use that term loosely, weren't born and raised here. There's not a local here that isn't aware of how he is. Just ask around and any local,male or female,can tell you his reputation. He's been a womanizer as far back as I can remember. In my opinion any woman who would go in a bathroom,backroom,or out back behind the building with a strange man deserves what she gets! Play with fire ladies and you're sure to get burned. Personally I don't know anyone who doesn't like him except for a few disgruntled husbands,most of which are now single or remarried. Hell, I've got a wonderful wife of thirty-four years and I'd trust her with my life, but there's NO WAY she's going to get around him and I not be present. Make no mistake,I consider him a friend,but I'm not a dumb ass either! Maybe it's best if you just pack up and go back to Florida or where ever else you came from.
Clint

United States

#14 Feb 27, 2011
4 of the posters on here are the same person using different names, see if you can figure it out.
humanityhelper

United States

#15 Feb 28, 2011
Ms Carolina wrote:
I have since asked others who are familiar with this particular flea market...they say "this gentleman" has forever considered himself "a gift to any woman" other than his wife. How he has managed to stay in business this long is beyond me! It's said "everyone knows his reputation"...and "if you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen". LADIES BEWARE!
Thanks for the warning!! Creepy people out here in this world!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#16 Mar 1, 2011
Several years ago I happened to be in a convenience store one morning which is in close proximity to this flea market. I didn't know him at the time, though I was later told who he was, and a man approached him and read him the riot act for all to hear, accusing him of being with his wife. Believe me, they were fighting words! But rather than defend himself, obviously embarrassed, with his tail between his legs he left the store mumbling a wimp denial. The accuser I was told later was a local police officer. Another gentleman, who I assumed owned the store, came out of the cooler and said, he'd had that coming for a long time. Though the situation could very well have escalated into something serious, as it turned out everyone had a good laugh at his expense. But from reading these posts, no lesson was learned! The next time he might not be so lucky.
boodoodle

United States

#17 Mar 1, 2011
NC_Spitefire wrote:
In my opinion any woman who would go in a bathroom,backroom,or out back behind the building with a strange man deserves what she gets! Play with fire ladies and you're sure to get burned. Personally I don't know anyone who doesn't like him except for a few disgruntled husbands,most of which are now single or remarried. Hell, I've got a wonderful wife of thirty-four years and I'd trust her with my life, but there's NO WAY she's going to get around him and I not be present. Make no mistake,I consider him a friend,but I'm not a dumb ass either! Maybe it's best if you just pack up and go back to Florida or where ever else you came from.
Ditto to the first sentence .... what is it about this man that attracts married women .... is it charm, charisma, sex appeal, flirtatious lies etc? I just don't get IT unless he looks like Tom Selleck or Dean Cain.

Location hidden

#18 Mar 1, 2011
I find absolutely nothing attractive about him...he's far from handsome,doesn't do well with personal hygiene,seemingly constantly reeks of alcohol,uses filthy language,and obviously doesn't respect women. I guess it's his money. I understand from others he's even been known to offer female customers to partially undress! Obviously a dog in disguise!

Location hidden

#19 Mar 2, 2011
....don't believe anything you read on here, but investigate for yourself. Ask any woman who has ever visited his "shop of wildlife heads,canoes,antiques, filthy language,and sexual explicit hints"! Enough said, I'm signing off...but ladies don't say you haven't been warned.

Location hidden

#20 Mar 6, 2011
Curiosity killed the cat,but I had to go by and see for myself if these threads were true. Uneasy to go by myself,I recruited my girlfriend to accompany me. Browsing as though we were potential customers, just as accredited in these posts, he approached us and identified himself. "Hello,my name is Lew,how do you do". Indeed, he is a flirt...and though obviously within a drink or two of being drunk, no mention was made of the back room. Will I go back...I think not, as my impression was that he is all they say he is. An old pervert disguise!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Murphy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SilverBack Lewis 5 hr Bill DeWahl 10
Free Tickets to event. Mon Trump Train 1
News 13 MLK Day Celebrations and Observances in Char... Mon MLK eh 1
Why cant trannys use the restroom ? Jan 14 Tranny Guvna 11
Buh Bye All You IBM Employees (Oct '10) Jan 14 Yobama 314
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) Jan 13 ThomasA 4,928
News Charlotte Lit celebrates centennial of Carson M... Jan 12 Will Dockery 14

Murphy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Murphy Mortgages