Amazon hiring fully underway in Middle Tennessee

May 30, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Business Journal

Online retail giant Amazon.com is kicking off the broad hiring push necessary to fill 1,000 jobs at distribution sites in Middle Tennessee.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of1,232
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
close

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

The direct hire that Im going to on the 23rd is for the Murfreesboro site. I googled the address and it looks like theyre having it at the double tree hotel and not the career center like everything else.

Since: Jul 12

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

close wrote:
The direct hire that Im going to on the 23rd is for the Murfreesboro site. I googled the address and it looks like theyre having it at the double tree hotel and not the career center like everything else.
ok thanks and good luck

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

close wrote:
where did you take your diploma to?

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

I wonder if they'll let you know if they decide not to invite you for an on site interview.
close

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

I originally sent my diploma via fax but they said they never received it. So they sent me an email several days ago informing me to bring my diploma to the career center in Murfreesboro. I stood in line for a couple hours, some of which was in the rain. lol but finally made it inside to let them make a copy of it. about 3 days later they sent me an email allowing me to choose a date and time for the direct hire interview. I chose Monday.
close

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

and thank you for the well wishes. good luck to you as well.
close

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Also, of you are in the same process as I am, I wouldn't worry too much if you haven't received an email yet. They're hiring over 1000 people so Im sure they'll be doing direct hire interviews for the next several weeks.
beth1274

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

close wrote:
Also, of you are in the same process as I am, I wouldn't worry too much if you haven't received an email yet. They're hiring over 1000 people so Im sure they'll be doing direct hire interviews for the next several weeks.
I sent mine in sat and sun. I haven't received that email yet. I hope I do. I'm just too nervous about it. I had a phone interview a month ago and I didn't relize I forgot to send a copy of my diploma to them.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Well all I know is on the 19 of june they called for interview and then she told me to wait for the next step which she said it would take a couple of days. I still haven't heard anything I wish they would tell me something its driving me crazy...lol
beth1274

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2012

close wrote:
when you had your phone interview did the ask about your past job experience?
close

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2012

Yes, the phone interview I was asked about my prior jobs, how I handled stressful situations, saftey questions, and a bunch of "what would you do" type of questions. Also ask me about myself and things like that.

Now they called you on the 19th of June and you DID the phone interview. Did you go to the career center last weekend to turn in your proof of education? I believe you said you do but not sure.

They emailed me a couple days after giving them my diploma and told me to come in for a actual interview. If they're hiring over a 1000 people they may be calling for a few weeks. I'm not sure how to get in contact with them though??
beth1274

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2012

close wrote:
Yes, the phone interview I was asked about my prior jobs, how I handled stressful situations, saftey questions, and a bunch of "what would you do" type of questions. Also ask me about myself and things like that.
Now they called you on the 19th of June and you DID the phone interview. Did you go to the career center last weekend to turn in your proof of education? I believe you said you do but not sure.
They emailed me a couple days after giving them my diploma and told me to come in for a actual interview. If they're hiring over a 1000 people they may be calling for a few weeks. I'm not sure how to get in contact with them though??
ok well I emailed mine and they got it but I just did it this last sat they emailed me wed and said they got it. They didn't ask me about my past jobs or what I liked just safety and what I would do questions. I just wish they would hurry up. I really want to work there and thank you so much for your help. Let me know how it goes for you.
beth1274

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2012

close wrote:
hey I checked my status on my application it says I don't meet the basic job requirments. I don't know what that could be I'm trying to find out. Maybe because I dint check all the times I was availiable. Did you check all the times?thanks for repling
info needed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2012

beth1274 wrote:
<quoted text> hey I checked my status on my application it says I don't meet the basic job requirments. I don't know what that could be I'm trying to find out. Maybe because I dint check all the times I was availiable. Did you check all the times?thanks for repling
I applied for the Lebanon facility. Have you ever done warehouse work? That may be why it saids you didnt meet the basic job requirements. I worked with them November-December of last year during peak season. If you dont get the direct hire this time look around October or November through temp agency SMX (Staff Management) in Lebanon and maybe you can get on through them. It alot of walking 10-15 miles aday. Actually SMX is hiring right now to assemble bins for their new building, then possibly you could get on full time.
beth1274

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2012

info needed wrote:
<quoted text>
I applied for the Lebanon facility. Have you ever done warehouse work? That may be why it saids you didnt meet the basic job requirements. I worked with them November-December of last year during peak season. If you dont get the direct hire this time look around October or November through temp agency SMX (Staff Management) in Lebanon and maybe you can get on through them. It alot of walking 10-15 miles aday. Actually SMX is hiring right now to assemble bins for their new building, then possibly you could get on full time.
I have 15 years worth. I can drive all the equipment. All that stuff. I think I sent my diploma in too late. I applied for the one in murfreesboro.thanks
close

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2012

hmm. Not being available for all shifts may be what got you on that. Have you tried editing your application to make sure you're available for all shifts? I heard that was a big deal to them since potential workers will be starting during peak season and a lot of overtime will be required. I have very little experience myself but I told them that on the phone interview and they said that was fine with my other work background.
beth1274

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2012

close wrote:
hmm. Not being available for all shifts may be what got you on that. Have you tried editing your application to make sure you're available for all shifts? I heard that was a big deal to them since potential workers will be starting during peak season and a lot of overtime will be required. I have very little experience myself but I told them that on the phone interview and they said that was fine with my other work background.
yeah I went back in and checked all the times. I thought id done that. I filled out my app on my phone the screen is too small. That probably won't help me since they've already said I don't meet their basic requirments. Oh well I filled out another app on a computer so well see.thanks
close

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2012

I wouldnt worry too much about it. ANYTIME a company hires this many at one time theyll be hiring several more for a few months to replace all the ones that quit, don't show up, or get fired.
beth1274

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

close wrote:
I wouldnt worry too much about it. ANYTIME a company hires this many at one time theyll be hiring several more for a few months to replace all the ones that quit, don't show up, or get fired.
yeah you right. Oh well. Good luck to you I hope you get the job. Thanks for your help too. Let me know it goes ok.
beth1274

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

close wrote:
. Well it paid off filling out another app. Just filled it out yesterday and they emailed me today for another phone interview. So hopefully I can get somewhere this time. Wish me luck and fingers crossed lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of1,232
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Murfreesboro Forum right now

Search the Murfreesboro Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 8 min Vet 138,580
stones river property management (Jan '10) 18 hr Judy 28
$150 Reward for Kacee Farley (Jun '11) 18 hr Kentucky 2
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) Wed BOB 8,588
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) Tue Inthefield 8,866
Moving to Smyrna, could I get some advice? Jul 8 OldSmyrnaGal 5
Hey Jul 8 Jim Ross 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Murfreesboro Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Murfreesboro People Search