Friends honor Ohio Marine killed in I...

Friends honor Ohio Marine killed in Iraq with tattoos

There are 8 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Aug 3, 2009, titled Friends honor Ohio Marine killed in Iraq with tattoos. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

In a growing memorial, about 50 people have gotten tattoos honoring a northeast Ohio Marine killed in Iraq three years ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

MCFSC

Columbus, OH

#1 Aug 3, 2009
What a fitting tribute. I'm sure Marine Tomci is smilin' somewhere right now.

Marine Corps Family Support Community
Columbus OH

“Don't quibble Sybil!”

Since: May 09

Trailer Park, USA

#2 Aug 3, 2009
What a wonderful tribute.
Its Me

Springfield, OH

#3 Aug 3, 2009
A cool way to respect someone...and take that Grandview Heights aka Lameview Lows
JBD612

AOL

#4 Aug 3, 2009
My son is serving in Afghan. and I know it would make me feel so proud if someone wanted to honor my son's memory...I would never want a tattoo for myself, but if it is meaningful to the person who gets it I think that is awesome they care so much for that Military person to do something like that.

May God bless and protect all our Armed Forces, and their families
Thinker

Columbus, OH

#5 Aug 3, 2009
where is the photo?
John

Merrillville, IN

#6 Aug 4, 2009
Why don't they honor him by demanding US troops come home now so they don't all come home in body bags? A real tribute would be to end this pointless conflict and restore sanity to our foreign policy. We are all better than this war.
Roger

Urbana, OH

#7 Aug 4, 2009
That's right, John, suggest the impossible as a tribute. If you think these ongoing conflicts are pointless, then you can count yourself amongst the uninformed. The wolf is at the door, dummy. And if my physical health would allow it, I'd get a tattoo to honor this fallen Marine too, and I don't even know him.
Seriously

Columbus, OH

#8 Aug 4, 2009
John, save your soapbox rants for a different forum. This one is to honor the courageousness of one of our brave soldiers who gave his life so you can tactlessly yap your trap. Whether you agree with the politics involved or not, this is a tragic loss of such a young life...my heart goes out to his family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Munroe Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CrAkron needs a New Brand... Apr 23 Homeless Wino Pete 4
News Third suit filed over fake 'scared straight' co... Apr 22 Thoughtbot 3
dirty ernie ansley....... Apr 20 Black lives matter 3
Cascade Plaza Bank ROBBED! Apr 20 Black lives matter 1
News May 4 survivor speaks at Kent Stark Apr 19 Jeff Stephens 1
News Ohio Brewing Co. is coming to Italian Village U... Apr 18 Reality Speaks 2
Cuyahoga Falls Music Emporium (Oct '12) Apr 17 Musikologist 16

Munroe Falls Jobs

Personal Finance

Munroe Falls Mortgages