Mall may be getting P.F. Chang's

Mall may be getting P.F. Chang's

There are 19 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Jul 8, 2008, titled Mall may be getting P.F. Chang's. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

P.F. Chang's China Bistro could be on its way to Summit Mall. Fairlawn City Council has scheduled a public hearing for Aug.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

RK Elkins

Akron, OH

#1 Jul 9, 2008
In regards to today's Akron Beacon Journal article referencing City of Fairlawn Ordinance 2008-057; by changing/allowing zoning permission for a P.F. Chang's restaurant in the Summit Mall area, I strongly believe that this will assist in augmenting this district up to the next level in stature. I have visited many “up-scale” cities and areas around the nation and have seen the locations that populate establishments such as P.F. Chang's restaurant.

P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc., along with MBH Architects, has received several architectural awards for restaurant designs. To name a few, these include locations in Seattle; Las Vegas; Fort Worth, Texas; Walnut Creek; Rancho Mirage; Palo Alto; Long Beach, California and soon Summit Mall Fairlawn, Ohio!

The genre of growth as well as tourism is exorbitant! With today’s struggling economy, I commend the City of Fairlawn in their efforts to do everything within it’s realm to strive for a prosperous and strong local economy by continuing affirmative development.

RK Elkins
George N

Fountain Inn, SC

#2 Jul 9, 2008
RK Elkins wrote:
In regards to today's Akron Beacon Journal article referencing City of Fairlawn Ordinance 2008-057; by changing/allowing zoning permission for a P.F. Chang's restaurant in the Summit Mall area, I strongly believe that this will assist in augmenting this district up to the next level in stature. I have visited many “up-scale” cities and areas around the nation and have seen the locations that populate establishments such as P.F. Chang's restaurant.
P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc., along with MBH Architects, has received several architectural awards for restaurant designs. To name a few, these include locations in Seattle; Las Vegas; Fort Worth, Texas; Walnut Creek; Rancho Mirage; Palo Alto; Long Beach, California and soon Summit Mall Fairlawn, Ohio!
The genre of growth as well as tourism is exorbitant! With today’s struggling economy, I commend the City of Fairlawn in their efforts to do everything within it’s realm to strive for a prosperous and strong local economy by continuing affirmative development.
RK Elkins
There is one of those restaurants here. Good food, not always typical Chinese fare, reasonably priced.
English

Erie, PA

#6 Jul 9, 2008
Boy is Red going to be mad if we do get a PF Chang's. She isn't going to like it if any one in there speaks Chinese.
RU Kiddingme

Northfield, OH

#7 Jul 9, 2008
Yippee! Another chain restaurant.

“Er...Protector of Free Speech?”

Since: Mar 08

The AKR

#8 Jul 9, 2008
George N wrote:
<quoted text>
There is one of those restaurants here. Good food, not always typical Chinese fare, reasonably priced.
Oh, my Lord! A chain restaurant outside the Montrose Enclave?!?

Heresy, I say! Absolute and Total Heresy!=)

“Stupidity should be painful”

Since: Jun 08

Akron Area

#9 Jul 9, 2008
For a nice casual and relaxing dinner, PF Changs offers great value and food. It's one of my favorite local spots here to stop in and grab dinner. Beware, though, if it 'takes off', there will be a waiting line. Really worth having and trying.

“Er...Protector of Free Speech?”

Since: Mar 08

The AKR

#10 Jul 9, 2008
I'm a Macaroni Grill man m'self! Penne Rustica!
Something Wicked

Stow, OH

#11 Jul 9, 2008
Just wait till the hoodniks start swarming summit mall, they'll take you down; all the way to chi*town.
RU Kiddingme

AOL

#12 Jul 9, 2008
There's a PF Chang's in Beachwood.
areyoulost

Erie, PA

#13 Jul 9, 2008
What does PF Changs have to do with Madison?

“Stupidity should be painful”

Since: Jun 08

Akron Area

#14 Jul 9, 2008
Bergermeister wrote:
I'm a Macaroni Grill man m'self! Penne Rustica!
Macaroni Grill is good. But really, give PF Changs a try.

Since: Feb 08

NE Ohio, Central FL, NE KS

#15 Jul 9, 2008
RU Kiddingme wrote:
Yippee! Another chain restaurant.
As opposed to what? Another resturant that doesn't know what to serve? But just my views.....

“Er...Protector of Free Speech?”

Since: Mar 08

The AKR

#16 Jul 10, 2008
San Jose Transplant wrote:
<quoted text>
Macaroni Grill is good. But really, give PF Changs a try.
Been there. Done that. Never cared for it. I prefer House of Hunan or Big Eye Sushi.

Since: Jun 08

Omaha, NE

#17 Jul 10, 2008
San Jose Transplant wrote:
<quoted text>
Macaroni Grill is good. But really, give PF Changs a try.
Every year, I spend 11 days in downtown Chicago (business). PF Changs (Grand Ave.) and Maggianos (Clark Street) saw me through many a-late-working nights. Changs is good. Agree with Berg - another chain in Montrose? Give me a Skyway burger.

Since: Jun 08

Omaha, NE

#18 Jul 10, 2008
San Jose Transplant wrote:
For a nice casual and relaxing dinner, PF Changs offers great value and food. It's one of my favorite local spots here to stop in and grab dinner. Beware, though, if it 'takes off', there will be a waiting line. Really worth having and trying.
You do have to be careful with Chinese restaurants in the Bay Area. They are definately AUTHENTIC! Dead chickens hangin in the windows and "funky" stuff swimming in the soup. Changs is safe - very much "American-ized".
RU Kiddingme

Northfield, OH

#19 Jul 10, 2008
Bergermeister wrote:
<quoted text>
Been there. Done that. Never cared for it. I prefer House of Hunan or Big Eye Sushi.
Big Eye Sushi is AMAZING!
RU Kiddingme

Northfield, OH

#20 Jul 10, 2008
Jabarten wrote:
<quoted text>
As opposed to what? Another resturant that doesn't know what to serve? But just my views.....
Chain restaurants are very good if you like your food "cooked" in a corporate kitchen and then heated up in the microwave on site.

“Er...Protector of Free Speech?”

Since: Mar 08

The AKR

#21 Jul 10, 2008
RU Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
Big Eye Sushi is AMAZING!
Agree. Some of the best sushi I have ever had. Article in the ABJ say the sushi chef was Rob Lowe's personal sushi chef (LOL!) for years. I try to tell everyone about it hoping it sticks around. Spread the word!
Linda

Chagrin Falls, OH

#22 Nov 9, 2008
I heard Big Eye Sushi closed up. Anyone know if they did or not? House of Hunan is great. Has been around along time.Good food, great staff.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Munroe Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wonder why God did this (Dec '09) May 21 dGo mnaDed lyHo i... 5
News VIDEO: Black bear spotted in Akron, has own Twi... May 20 lil Tyree 2
BOYCOTT Humane Society of Greater Akron! "Paws... (May '10) May 16 X employee 21
wino pete (Nov '15) May 16 Homeless Wino Pete 15
News Body discovered in Barberton alley (Aug '08) May 11 BPD 187
if you liked nafta ...... May 10 El Chapo 1
Welcome to crakron! May 9 capt Pepe 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Munroe Falls Mortgages