Falls fees nothing less than scam

Falls fees nothing less than scam

There are 26 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Jul 23, 2008, titled Falls fees nothing less than scam. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

''The government that governs least, governs best.'' - Thomas Jefferson ' 'If the government can't afford the money, it should just take the money.'' - Cuyahoga Falls judges The second quote is not the official ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
umm

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#25 Jul 24, 2008
No front license plate in the Falls is a ticket and court costs of $180 dollars as well.
SDespot

Avon Lake, OH

#26 Jul 24, 2008
Diane wrote:
Years ago I almost rear ended a Chevy Blazer who changed lanes in front of me, and stopped to make a left turn. I had to go around him quickly and avoid a car from hitting my backside. I was pulled over for speeding; in the Falls. Why the officer didn't see the Blazer almost cause an accident, I'll never know.
I quit shopping in the Falls for a long time to make up for that speeding ticket. They get very little business from me now.
Maybe all their speed traps and excessive ticket writing, discouraged other shoppers, and we made the State Road Shopping Center take a dive. Just a thought:)
Sometimes the police only see what they want to see. The Blazer driver should have gotten cited too.
Robin Anderson

AOL

#27 Jul 24, 2008
Buttercup wrote:
use certian words in KSU courts and the fines go up a lot.
<quoted text>
Don't ya know it? Fortunately, those "citizens" are not the final word when it comes to someone receiving eiher justice or one's comeuppance. You just got to have the internal fortitude to tell em to shove their "last chance agreement", eh?
Robin Anderson

AOL

#28 Jul 24, 2008
Stupidity Abounds wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm... Yes because I don't care if Hoover or the criminals in his court have cushy accomodations or are over crowded.
I'm tired of the mantra "don't get a ticket and they wont take your money". Ticket getters are also tax payers. In fact if not for us "criminals" many government bureaucrats would be out of a job. Ticket getters are economic stimulators. Hoover should personally thank me each time I park illegally. It's my inconsideration that has built his courthouse.
Thanks, buttercup! Glad you're picking up my slack, eh?
Robin Anderson

AOL

#29 Jul 24, 2008
umm wrote:
No front license plate in the Falls is a ticket and court costs of $180 dollars as well.
Hm...must be against the law, eh?
Diane

Stow, OH

#30 Jul 24, 2008
XDEM wrote:
<quoted text>
That must have been a long time ago. And I would venture to say there are some facts missing from your story.
If you call 15 years a long time ago (I don't). And, the facts as stated are true. Nothing has been left out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Munroe Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ohio.com - Miracle means heaven can wait (Aug '07) Sun old friend 62
News Roddy Pleads Guilty (Apr '07) Jun 25 Iwasthere 3
Lawyers in Summit County Domestic Relations Court (Oct '08) Jun 23 B single 20
News Akron cat-kicker sentenced for being part of Ha... Jun 23 JCB 2
News Akron man robs, threatens to shoot Little Caesa... Jun 21 munch face 2
Obama Announces Sec Hagel's Replacement (Nov '14) Jun 16 wino s matter 9
Community Rights - must read!!! Apr '16 Scott 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Munroe Falls Mortgages