Falls fees nothing less than scam

''The government that governs least, governs best.'' - Thomas Jefferson ' 'If the government can't afford the money, it should just take the money.'' - Cuyahoga Falls judges The second quote is not the official ... Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
The Truth

Olathe, KS

#1 Jul 23, 2008
The judges are the real criminals.
Reason

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Jul 23, 2008
Have you ever seen Barberton's Courthouse? Maybe they should consider following in the Fall's steps. All buildings get and need replaced at some point (schools). Would you rather have tax payers footing the bill?
BTW, evryone always kwows to behave in CF municipality. Kudos to the CF Judges!
ABJ Reader

Norwalk, OH

#3 Jul 23, 2008
"The columnist that whines the least, will not be called a whinner."
ABJ Reader

Norwalk, OH

#4 Jul 23, 2008
"the columnist that puts forth workable solutions, will get some respect."
ABJ Reader

Norwalk, OH

#5 Jul 23, 2008
"The Columnist that uses race warfare, does not deserve the pulitizer."
dyer dog walks

Norwalk, OH

#6 Jul 23, 2008
Actually, the CF Court is going to use tickmaster to process waivers.
disgusted

Akron, OH

#8 Jul 23, 2008
It's not going to help to complain!
Just another case of America's injustice
system at work.
Buhbye CF

Akron, OH

#9 Jul 23, 2008
Hey, don't blame Hoover, he just has "Black Robe Disease".
Robin Anderson

AOL

#10 Jul 23, 2008
Hm...Bob? Have you ever checked into the disparities between the "fines" levied by various "mayor's courts" in the area for the same offense???
Cassie

New Philadelphia, OH

#11 Jul 23, 2008
If you think the court costs are bad here now just wait and see what they will be when the court moves to Stow.
Buttercup

Norwalk, OH

#12 Jul 23, 2008
use certian words in KSU courts and the fines go up a lot.
Robin Anderson wrote:
Hm...Bob? Have you ever checked into the disparities between the "fines" levied by various "mayor's courts" in the area for the same offense???
dyer straights

Norwalk, OH

#13 Jul 23, 2008
dyer, please write a column about why the newstand price of the dearly beloved ABJ, Canton Sepository, Plain Cleveland Duller and West Side Loser are not the same.
DNN

Amherst, OH

#14 Jul 23, 2008
Notice, Judge Kim Hoover is a Republican. Make of that what you will.
Susie

Canton, OH

#15 Jul 23, 2008
disgusted wrote:
It's not going to help to complain!
Just another case of America's injustice
system at work.
Why "Injustice", sanctions should make you remember to not screw up again. Northern Summit County is beautiful and a very safe place to live thanks to the folks at the court house
Diane

Stow, OH

#16 Jul 23, 2008
Years ago I almost rear ended a Chevy Blazer who changed lanes in front of me, and stopped to make a left turn. I had to go around him quickly and avoid a car from hitting my backside. I was pulled over for speeding; in the Falls. Why the officer didn't see the Blazer almost cause an accident, I'll never know.
I quit shopping in the Falls for a long time to make up for that speeding ticket. They get very little business from me now.
Maybe all their speed traps and excessive ticket writing, discouraged other shoppers, and we made the State Road Shopping Center take a dive. Just a thought:)
Susie

Canton, OH

#17 Jul 23, 2008
BTW, Mr. Dyer, your use of quotations was so inappropriate. None of the judges have "taken" any money from me. But, then again I haven't received any tickets in years. You would rather that the judges apply for grants (taxpayer) like every other courthouse?
Stupidity Abounds

United States

#19 Jul 23, 2008
Susie wrote:
BTW, Mr. Dyer, your use of quotations was so inappropriate. None of the judges have "taken" any money from me. But, then again I haven't received any tickets in years. You would rather that the judges apply for grants (taxpayer) like every other courthouse?
Ummm... Yes because I don't care if Hoover or the criminals in his court have cushy accomodations or are over crowded.

I'm tired of the mantra "don't get a ticket and they wont take your money". Ticket getters are also tax payers. In fact if not for us "criminals" many government bureaucrats would be out of a job. Ticket getters are economic stimulators. Hoover should personally thank me each time I park illegally. It's my inconsideration that has built his courthouse.
Dave S

East Brunswick, NJ

#20 Jul 23, 2008
I lived in the Falls in the 70s, and back then it was known on CB Radio as "ticket city." I remember the people there generally as being on the frugal side which makes this even more infuriating.
XDEM

Erie, PA

#23 Jul 24, 2008
The Moral of the story is, "If you can't pay fine, don't do the crime."
XDEM

Erie, PA

#24 Jul 24, 2008
Diane wrote:
Years ago I almost rear ended a Chevy Blazer who changed lanes in front of me, and stopped to make a left turn. I had to go around him quickly and avoid a car from hitting my backside. I was pulled over for speeding; in the Falls. Why the officer didn't see the Blazer almost cause an accident, I'll never know.
I quit shopping in the Falls for a long time to make up for that speeding ticket. They get very little business from me now.
Maybe all their speed traps and excessive ticket writing, discouraged other shoppers, and we made the State Road Shopping Center take a dive. Just a thought:)
That must have been a long time ago. And I would venture to say there are some facts missing from your story.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Munroe Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Akron man charged in sex trafficking a minor ca... 25 min yeah baby yeah 1
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 46 min Pope Che Reagan C... 30,957
Wayne Dawson (Oct '09) 6 hr Del 138
Supreme Court and ZERO" 9 hr faker mikie 4
President "0" ZERO...and President Bush's Fair ... 9 hr faker mikie 10
"Wimperor" Obama 9 hr faker mikie 3
A Prayer for President Obama 9 hr faker mikie 5
•••
•••
•••

Munroe Falls Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••