Schools pitch levies in tough economy

Schools pitch levies in tough economy

There are 3 comments on the Ohio.com story from Oct 19, 2008, titled Schools pitch levies in tough economy. In it, Ohio.com reports that:

Nine area school districts will be asking for additional taxes on Nov. 4 in the midst of a world financial crisis that has dominated the news in the closing weeks of the presidential campaign.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ohio.com.

Connie Kramer

Stow, OH

#1 Oct 25, 2008
Don't vote down school levies because Columbus won't get their act together!

There are people who vote NO on school levies as a protest vote over the unconstitutional way schools are funded in Ohio. All it does is wreck your property values and more importantly the education of our community's children.
How about this? VOTE YES for your school levy and write/call/email your state representatives and Gov. Strickland and make some noise about fixing school funding in Ohio.
Like Kenan Thompson's character keeps saying on SNL, "FIX IT!"
But don't wreck your community in the meantime.
Voter

Clinton, OH

#2 Oct 26, 2008
Absolutely Right!!!! Don't punish the kids because we adults vote in the wrong people year after year. This should have been fixed years ago. I had high hopes for Strickland but here we go again. I will vote for whoever runs against him even if it is Dennis Kucinich. Okay I won't get that crazy but you know what I mean. A couple more bucks a month is a small price to pay for good property values and a safe community.
C Law

Berea, OH

#3 Oct 27, 2008
Please understand that the only way to better our economy is to invest in our future, in our childen. By voting down this levy, you would be denying our children the right to a well-rounded education. The schools cannot take any more of these cuts. Please help us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Munroe Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roddy Pleads Guilty (Apr '07) Sat Iwasthere 3
Lawyers in Summit County Domestic Relations Court (Oct '08) Jun 23 B single 20
News Akron cat-kicker sentenced for being part of Ha... Jun 23 JCB 2
News Akron man robs, threatens to shoot Little Caesa... Jun 21 munch face 2
Obama Announces Sec Hagel's Replacement (Nov '14) Jun 16 wino s matter 9
Stripped Screw Jun 16 Shaft 3
Community Rights - must read!!! Apr '16 Scott 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Munroe Falls Mortgages