Officers mourn Miktarian as brother

Officers mourn Miktarian as brother

There are 76 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Jul 17, 2008, titled Officers mourn Miktarian as brother. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

TALLMADGE: A half-hour before calling hours were to begin Thursday afternoon for fallen Twinsburg police Officer Joshua Miktarian, a cloudburst pounded this town where he grew up.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Public Request

Norwalk, OH

#1 Jul 18, 2008
I move that Governor Strickland
designate July, Ohio Peace Officer
Month, and that the second Sunday
of each successive July be known
as Miktarian Day in honor of all
fallen Officers.

I publically include my email address
to formalize my request and welcome
all responses.

Thank you.

dbkeller@post.com
Justice4Josh

Ashtabula, OH

#2 Jul 18, 2008
That's a wonderful idea. I second that. It would probably be a good idea to write Governor Strickland or Maybe contact someone here at the station who might be able to help get this going. Maybe folks could sign and online petition that could be sent to the Governor.
Lamberts-58

Cleveland, OH

#3 Jul 18, 2008
Great idea, Sadly we could have a day for the whole month with another officers name for each day.
Crystal S

Marietta, GA

#6 Jul 18, 2008
Petitioning the Office of the Governor of Ohio to have an annual day of memorial sounds like a good idea to me. My only question is if they do don't you think they should add the name of my family member, Jeffery Lyn Stephens, to the list for being gunned down almost two weeks ago while attempting to remove a registered weapon from his waist (as one officer instructed him to do & another officer shouted that he just get down on the ground)?
OldManGrump

Dallas, TX

#8 Jul 18, 2008
RIP Officer Joshua Miktarian and may your family find confort in knowing you were one of the best police officers ever to wear a badge.
Fifi

Anaheim, CA

#9 Jul 18, 2008
To Crystal and the family of Josh-
you have my sympathy.
And Crystal - I don't think most people know (I didn't) that the officers were issuing different orders. Certainly clears up things for me.

“Bob Harbert”

Since: Jun 08

Akron, Ohio

#11 Jul 18, 2008
Rest in Peace Officer Miktarian. May the Lord console your family and friends. May the Lord also be with all Law Enforcement Officers as they do their job every day to proctect us!
man of the house

Salem, OH

#12 Jul 18, 2008
Public Request wrote:
fallen Officers.
all responses.
Thank you.
dbkeller@post.com
Ithink that would be a WONDERFUL idea !!!
Disillusioned

Akron, OH

#13 Jul 18, 2008
Crystal S wrote:
Petitioning the Office of the Governor of Ohio to have an annual day of memorial sounds like a good idea to me. My only question is if they do don't you think they should add the name of my family member, Jeffery Lyn Stephens, to the list for being gunned down almost two weeks ago while attempting to remove a registered weapon from his waist (as one officer instructed him to do & another officer shouted that he just get down on the ground)?
While I'm sorry for your loss, DON'T EVEN compare the two situations. It's like apples and oranges.
Right

Aurora, CO

#14 Jul 18, 2008
Crystal:
Thanks for the posting. You're so right, the truth will come out.
Open your eyes people

Dayton, OH

#15 Jul 18, 2008
Just an FYI....I saw on Akron News Now that the family would like privacy for the funeral. People who want to pay respects can line the route. I hope everyone respects their wishes. I know I will.
jinxer

Nashville, TN

#16 Jul 18, 2008
yeah, as I hear more and more facts about this, I think the guy really thought that since he had a CCW license that meant he could shoot whoever he wanted.

Im all in support of CCW licenses, but man, this puts a dent on things.
Try It Again

Akron, OH

#17 Jul 18, 2008
Rest In Peace & may the angels escourt you to that big police station in the sky.
you are wrong

Shippingport, PA

#18 Jul 18, 2008
Public Request wrote:
fallen Officers.
all responses.
Thank you.
dbkeller@post.com
There is already National Law Enforcement Day May 15th as designated in 1962 by President Kennedy. Every year there is entire week of events around that day in Washington DC commemerating fallen Offices. Officer Miktarians name will undoubtable be incribed on the fallen officers memorial wall. I was blessed to attend this past year on the passing of my nephew and it is an amzing week highlighted by a candlelight vigil and a memorial on the lawn of the Capitol Building. Search on the net for info. God Bless all those that have fallen and all those that serve and their families. We are indebted to you all.
saddened

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#19 Jul 18, 2008
Crystal S wrote:
Was this man an officer?
Uhh Hello

United States

#20 Jul 18, 2008
Public Request wrote:
fallen Officers.
all responses.
Thank you.
dbkeller@post.com
So what did the Governor say when you wrote to him DIRECTLY?!??!

If you think making a request on a site like this is the way to do it, you're clueless.
Uhh Hello

United States

#21 Jul 18, 2008
Hey people -- it's pretty sad that many of the comments thus far as NOT about this article, but about some troll who isn't smart enough to write a letter to the Governor directly, instead writing their "request" on here.

Shows how sad some of you are to take your attention away from the subject of the article at hand. I hope most of you will take the time to line the route of the funeral procession to salute this hero who was murdered by a loser (and I don't care what he did for a living).

It is going right up Route 91 from Tallmadge through Twinsburg. No excuse for anyone not to be able to stand along the route for a few minutes.

That includes YOU OldManGrump. Get away from your computer for an hour and put your words to action for once.
save it

Shippingport, PA

#22 Jul 18, 2008
Uhh Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
So what did the Governor say when you wrote to him DIRECTLY?!??!
If you think making a request on a site like this is the way to do it, you're clueless.
How about allowing someone to grieve (sp?) in their own way without every idiot on this board having something to say about it?
Uhh Hello

United States

#23 Jul 18, 2008
Crystal S wrote:
How dare you you piece of garbage!!! Comparing your relative who was NOT FOLLOWING POLICE ORDERS (stop your lying, it only makes you look more ignorant) to an officer of the law who was MURDERED are not even remotely the same.

In fact, you're even more of a piece of garbage for even trying to compare the two, as if their similiar. Rot in hell.
Uhh Hello

United States

#24 Jul 18, 2008
The rest of my comment after "similar." Was:

ROT

IN

HELL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Munroe Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shawn Ford says he acted in New Franklin slayin... 8 hr Pale Rider 1
News Akron town hall offers insight on police accoun... Mon pink floyd 2
News Couples in Akron make wedding plans following S... Mon pink floyd 2
News Young's Hotel and Restaurant laid to rest (Dec '10) Sun ty ree 8
News Two people, including a 7-year-old girl, shot a... (Sep '08) Jun 25 SantaAnta 52
Congrats Michael Jackson Jun 25 Homeless Wino Pete 1
News Union head objects to police reforms; fire dest... May '15 come on man 2
More from around the web

Munroe Falls People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Munroe Falls Mortgages