Voters to decide issues today

Voters to decide issues today

There are 21 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Aug 5, 2008, titled Voters to decide issues today. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

Residents in the Stow-Munroe Falls and Tallmadge school districts will be voting in a special election today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tallmadge Student

Zebulon, GA

#26 Sep 7, 2008
ha- the best schools are attracted to the "unattractive" ramblers. I'm very happy for you, with all of your connections. Maybe I need a sanitarium. But wouldn't you rather pay for me to get a good education than for me to get institutionalized? P.S. public institutions don't exist anymore.

Now, Working citizen, I may not have a retirement fund, but I do pay social security, and by the time I will become able to benefit from it, the system will most likely be completely restructured or destroyed (tends to be the talk with quite a few politicians).

Besides, someone paid for grump's education... who? and why don't I deserve the same privileges grump received as a student? He (if he even went to college) probably paid HALF if not LESS than half of what I'm expecting to pay. How is that fair? Its not

and I do understand times are tough. I see it throughout our community. I am very fortunate to even think about going wherever I want (for college). However, the times are just as hard for the teachers who are getting fired because the people like these people writing responses vote "no". Remember, if the utilities are expensive for you; imagine having to try to maintain an entire school building? we have a district to maintain- and we've proven ourselves excellent time and time again. Don't we deserve excellence in support from our community?

The people in white are telling me its time for me to get fed. I guess I really am crazy for asking too much out of my community... man am I a disappointed youngster.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Munroe Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News City of Akron now owns Rolling Acres Mall 18 hr Homeless Wino Pete 2
News Akron 8 mins ago 1:08 p.m.Akron police pursue s... 21 hr Walkin Boss 1
News Akron man robs, threatens to shoot Little Caesa... 23 hr Pie zanno 3
News Ohio.com - Miracle means heaven can wait (Aug '07) Jun 26 old friend 62
News Roddy Pleads Guilty (Apr '07) Jun 25 Iwasthere 3
Community Rights - must read!!! Apr '16 Scott 1
News Union head objects to police reforms; fire dest... (May '15) May '15 come on man 2

Munroe Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Munroe Falls Mortgages