School districts seek levies

There are 2 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Aug 2, 2008, titled School districts seek levies. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

Two Summit County school districts seeking new money on Tuesday's special election ballot have cut expenses and reduced their levy requests after voters turned them down in the March primary.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
David

United States

#67 Aug 6, 2008
Why whenever the issue is raised about school levies does the argument default to being about "greedy teachers". Wake-up people the problem is not with the teachers, nor are the voters wrong for not being able to afford to pay more taxes.
The problem is with the way in which Ohio School's are funded; ruled unconstitutional by the Ohio Supreme Court. FYI- other states don't have this problem.
I don't mind people complaining about being short on cash, but don't make it about the teachers. If you're going to participate in this debate, at least be willing to see past the tip of your nose and be informed!!
solitare

Stow, OH

#68 Aug 6, 2008
Captain Cleanup wrote:
<quoted text>
I have comon sense--that's why I voted NO this morning.
Stick to the facts.
Being a parent does NOT make you smart.
Obviously, ignorance is bliss, in your world!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Munroe Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Welcome Stan Piatt Sat Green eye 3
Dct Apr 29 Ant 1
News Gang activity increasing in Akron (Jun '07) Apr 28 bootzhoe 149
News Akron man pleads guilty to sixth robbery since ... Apr 28 Judge Parker 1
Anyone looking to buy a home in North Hill? Apr 27 Up yours 3
News 17-year-old boy fatally shot in Akron, suspect ... Apr 27 Nate 5
News Model airplane group looks for new home (Jun '08) Oct '13 clueless 7
More from around the web

Munroe Falls People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE