2 Summit school districts put levies ...

2 Summit school districts put levies on August ballot

There are 9 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from May 22, 2008, titled 2 Summit school districts put levies on August ballot. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

The Tallmadge and Stow-Munroe Falls school districts will ask voters for additional property tax money in the Aug.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

Old Man Grump

Akron, OH

#1 May 22, 2008
Great - I get another chance this year to tell Tallmadge NO NEW REAL ESTATE TAXES !!!!

Reduced the levy request from 8.9 to 6.9 mills so they were asking for more then they needed the first couple times and Mary Taylor has not done the audit called for at the school board meeting yet. Until that's done and the prove positive is shown, Tallmadge voters should just say NO to new school real estate taxes.

Retirees can't afford to pay more. Increase the pay for play, layoffs, excess property sales, etc. to generate money. Leave us citizens alone without tax increases we can't afford to pay.

Vote NO Tallmadge & Stow !!!
Something Wicked

Stow, OH

#2 May 22, 2008
Let the governor and legislators do their job, and find an alternative to coming after the home owner, and EVERYONE SAY NO TO THIS LEVY.
Both new August levies.
lookout

Mansfield, OH

#3 May 22, 2008
Something Wicked wrote:
Let the governor and legislators do their job, and find an alternative to coming after the home owner, and EVERYONE SAY NO TO THIS LEVY.
Both new August levies.
A year and a half with Strickland and Co.- nothing new.
Kukulkan

AOL

#4 May 22, 2008
When are they going to figure out that sucking the blood of home owners is a bad idea?

Legalize some gambling, and use those monies to fund public schools!

How can the government be so naive and so unable to find additional sources of revenue?
tallmadge idiots

Cleveland, OH

#5 May 22, 2008
hey tallmadge idiots i have an idea, why not sell your rec center and educate your children instead. seems you morons have plenty of money for sports. you people are idiots.
MaD

United States

#6 May 22, 2008
How can anyone expect a levy to pass in light of 7 1/2 years of Bush economic failure? President Bush Signs American Dream Downpayment Act of 2003
... Harris, who had a lot to do with this bill getting passed, is here ... cares deeply about every American having the right and a chance to own a home....
www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2003/12/2003... - Cached
STOW BILLYgOaT

Loudonville, OH

#7 May 22, 2008
With all the rich salesman that live in stow, i am sure they will pass the levy. Why?-because the teachers and government workers are not allowed to suffer like the rest of us. They are to good to have to pay even a cent toward their medical insurance. Soon we will be paying for the gas for them to go back and forth to work.
For the rest of us who actually do a hard days labor, we have to depend on ourselves and our family to survive.
These our hard times and getting harder every day.\
They must be smoking the koolaid and drinking it if the think we can afford another tax increase!

just-me

“The Thinker, aka, Dylan. ;O)”

Since: Mar 08

Rev. 21:3-5

#8 May 22, 2008
STOW BILLYgOaT wrote:
With all the rich salesman that live in stow, i am sure they will pass the levy. Why?-because the teachers and government workers are not allowed to suffer like the rest of us. They are to good to have to pay even a cent toward their medical insurance. Soon we will be paying for the gas for them to go back and forth to work.
For the rest of us who actually do a hard days labor, we have to depend on ourselves and our family to survive.
These our hard times and getting harder every day.\
They must be smoking the koolaid and drinking it if the think we can afford another tax increase!
Absolutely! Just say no! You can count on them to start blackmailing parents like they did a few years ago by taking away necessities like buses and leaving meaningless stuff like sports. If you want your kid to play sports you can pay for it, it does not benefit everyone so everyone should not have to pay for it.

just-me

“The Thinker, aka, Dylan. ;O)”

Since: Mar 08

Rev. 21:3-5

#9 May 22, 2008
There is a question and answer section on the Stow school website that is hilarious! They ask you leading questions in ways they can manipulate any of the answers to say what the outcome is and to try to "prove" how the parents of Stow REALLY feel about where the money should go. Too funny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Munroe Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blossom Music Center 39 min wondering23 1
News Black Voters Speak Out on Donald Trumpa s Recen... 19 hr Dee Dee Dee 9
News Akron mother sentenced to five years for puttin... 20 hr Walkin Boss 1
News Inmate who escaped Summit County jail still at ... Tue Ja vette man 2
News Ohio.com - Akron teachers ratify pact (Aug '07) Aug 22 bigguy 51
News Akron's new West Point Market to open in Octobe... Aug 16 louisepapp 1
News Akron man charged with shooting woman in head, ... Aug 15 Walkin Boss 1

Munroe Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance