Voters reject Stow, Tallmadge school ...

Voters reject Stow, Tallmadge school levies

There are 23 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Aug 5, 2008, titled Voters reject Stow, Tallmadge school levies. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

Voters rejected new property taxes in the Tallmadge and Stow-Munroe Falls school districts in today's special election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
KD from Tallmadge

AOL

#22 Aug 7, 2008
[I'm not from Stow but from Tallmadge who's levy also failed. Not all residents from either district have a quarter million dollar homes. If I could afford that I certainly would have voted for the levy too. You obviously can but many cannot]
Tired

AOL

#23 Nov 5, 2008
I moved to Tallmadge from a School district in Ohio that has always supported their schools. I have always been amazed at the lack of support the Tallamdge residents give the school system.

The State of Ohio does not give our school systems any other options for funding so the board has no other choice but to ask the tax payers fro money.

As a parent with two children, I am very concerned about the future for my children and I just hope that the people in Tallmadge will stop taking their frustrations with the state out on our children and pass a levy before it is too late.
Dee

Stow, OH

#24 Nov 6, 2008
I wish people would stop saying that people who didnt vote for the levy are taking their frustrations out on the children/school.They arent! They simply cannot afford the raise in the tax.You can try to make us feel bad anyway you want but hey if we had the money it would pass.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Munroe Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who recalls Todd Hickman (akron) (Sep '11) Wed ELove God Bless you 72
News Summit-County 41 mins ago 4:29 p.m.GPS devices ... Wed Earl 5
Vacant Fairlawn Mansion Vandalized - Nine Juven... (Jul '16) Jan 15 InquiringMindsWan... 5
News Fight against housing complex continues (Nov '16) Jan 14 BizzyBee 3
dirty ernie ansley....... Jan 14 Eddy 1
News Wayne Dawson (Oct '09) Jan 11 Fitch 175
News FirstEnergy seeks OK for project (May '08) Jan 5 Homeless Wino Pete 30

Munroe Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Munroe Falls Mortgages