America needs free trade

America needs free trade

There are 13 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Jun 4, 2008, titled America needs free trade. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

If the people on this planet make or grow all of their requirements in the most efficient manner, the world as a whole would be more prosperous.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

Since: May 08

Tallmadge, OH

#1 Jun 5, 2008
At last, another person has appeared on the web, another person who is unafraid to say who she is when commenting on a web topic. Good for you, Norma Hudson Blank. I have been suggesting for a long time now that web commentators come out from behind the mask of anonymity. A comment signed with the real name of the author of the comment has more authenticity, more credibility.

Robert M Kraus
Akron
cranky

Youngstown, OH

#4 Jun 5, 2008
The Pope wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll be at the corner of Arlington and Talbot at High Noon......
Did your meds run out and you forget to refill them today?
Truth seeker

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Jun 5, 2008
To Richard B. Wright......and his unabashed loyalty to "free tade". For your information, the United States has a trade DEFICIT of 600 BILLION a freaking YEAR!!! It appears to me free trade means the U.S exports its dollars and imports goods and services, while other countries import our dollars ( AND those DOLLARS KEEP ON DROPPING )and export their goods and services. No country can continue such a trade imbalance forever without sliding into insolvency. How about "FAIR TRADE"...instead. My guess is...you probably work for some "outsource firm". Why don't you outsource yourself. Maybe India or China.
concerned citizen

Oshkosh, WI

#6 Jun 5, 2008
Truth seeker wrote:
To Richard B. Wright......and his unabashed loyalty to "free tade". For your information, the United States has a trade DEFICIT of 600 BILLION a freaking YEAR!!! It appears to me free trade means the U.S exports its dollars and imports goods and services, while other countries import our dollars ( AND those DOLLARS KEEP ON DROPPING )and export their goods and services. No country can continue such a trade imbalance forever without sliding into insolvency. How about "FAIR TRADE"...instead. My guess is...you probably work for some "outsource firm". Why don't you outsource yourself. Maybe India or China.
i just learned something very disturbing. An Indian I work with (from a wealthy family in India) has been here 10 years on a work visa and just became an american citizen (I dont find that disturbing - bear with me). he didnt have to renounce his Indian citizenship - has dual (so you can guess where his real loyalty lies). herein lies the rub - he started a company and qualifies for special credits as a minority company ( since his skin is darker than mine?). furthermore, once his wife becomes a citizen, they wil switch ownership into her name and have 2 credits - minority and woman owned which gives preferential treatment in bidding government contracts.

whats up with this?????????
Truth seeker

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Jun 5, 2008
concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
i just learned something very disturbing. An Indian I work with (from a wealthy family in India) has been here 10 years on a work visa and just became an american citizen (I dont find that disturbing - bear with me). he didnt have to renounce his Indian citizenship - has dual (so you can guess where his real loyalty lies). herein lies the rub - he started a company and qualifies for special credits as a minority company ( since his skin is darker than mine?). furthermore, once his wife becomes a citizen, they wil switch ownership into her name and have 2 credits - minority and woman owned which gives preferential treatment in bidding government contracts.
whats up with this?????????
It's the "new" American way. We are being sold down the river. Big Corporations OWN our government. We the people have NO SAY.
Ed Haas

Heath, OH

#8 Jun 5, 2008
How about we allow free trade, but if you sell a certain percentage of your goods to American citizens, you have to PRODUCE "X" amount of goods here in the USA. That way we don't have every single large corporation doing their work overseas, as it currently stands.
The Pope

Las Vegas, NV

#9 Jun 5, 2008
cranky wrote:
<quoted text>Did your meds run out and you forget to refill them today?
Robert, Cranky, Robert, Cranky, I thought you were going to divulge your name everytime you blogged...??? Now Cranky sounds like someone either on drugs or who needs drugs....You doin Crank????
The Pope

Las Vegas, NV

#10 Jun 5, 2008
Truth seeker wrote:
<quoted text> It's the "new" American way. We are being sold down the river. Big Corporations OWN our government. We the people have NO SAY.
I thought "W" was a Fair Trader? Like Fox is Fair and Balanced?

“I'm as Mad as Hell...”

Since: Mar 07

Your Neighbor & Friend

#11 Jun 5, 2008
Well written, Mr. Wright.

America needs a political enema.
The Pope

Las Vegas, NV

#12 Jun 5, 2008
Robert M Kraus Sr wrote:
At last, another person has appeared on the web, another person who is unafraid to say who she is when commenting on a web topic. Good for you, Norma Hudson Blank. I have been suggesting for a long time now that web commentators come out from behind the mask of anonymity. A comment signed with the real name of the author of the comment has more authenticity, more credibility.
Robert M Kraus
Akron
One more thing, you fool. How are you going to know if it's their real name or a ficticious name? Okay, my real name is John Holmes. Now wasn't that LARGE of me to divulge? LONG time coming, huh?
The Pope

Las Vegas, NV

#13 Jun 5, 2008
Howard Beale Jr wrote:
Well written, Mr. Wright.
America needs a political enema.
Howard Beale and Richard B. Wright have been added to the Kommunity Kook Klub.....
The Pope

Las Vegas, NV

#14 Jun 5, 2008
Robert M Kraus Sr wrote:
Robert M Kraus
Akron
Another addition to the Kommunity Kook Klub...
Wright is just so WRONG

Clearwater, FL

#15 Jun 5, 2008
Sounds like Richard is a backer of the tiered slavery system in the USA. Prices are not lower they are higher.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Munroe Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fight against housing complex continues (Nov '16) 8 hr three blocks 4
Who recalls Todd Hickman (akron) (Sep '11) Jan 17 ELove God Bless you 72
News Summit-County 41 mins ago 4:29 p.m.GPS devices ... Jan 17 Earl 5
Vacant Fairlawn Mansion Vandalized - Nine Juven... (Jul '16) Jan 15 InquiringMindsWan... 5
dirty ernie ansley....... Jan 14 Eddy 1
News Wayne Dawson (Oct '09) Jan 11 Fitch 175
News FirstEnergy seeks OK for project (May '08) Jan 5 Homeless Wino Pete 30

Munroe Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Munroe Falls Mortgages