Child molester at Civil War Event

Child molester at Civil War Event

Posted in the Munfordville Forum

Concerned Mom

Norwalk, CT

#1 Sep 12, 2017
We went early to take our girls to see the camps before the battle. My husband came over to me and pointed out a guy from Indiana that worked at a place he got supplies from when my husband was doing some work in Indiana. The man he pointed out has been convicted of molesting three different girls, one under 12, and not even supposed to be around children. We left instead of staying becuae we did not know who was in charge and will not be back if this is the type of people the reenactment uses. In case anyone goes next year he was the fat bald headed guy in a union uniform hanging around with the guys with cannons.
Poo

Stone Mountain, GA

#2 Sep 17, 2017
I understand your concern but how do you expect them to know who is at the event without getting everyones info for background checks?
Disgusting

Louisville, KY

#3 Sep 18, 2017
For years now that disgusting R Smith has taken part in the reenactment at civil war days. R Smith walks around in his soldier uniform like he's grand. He's a convicted sex offender and was registered for years,still may be but not in Hart County. It's no secret he was a sex offender and it's even more disturbing that he was even helping with a boy scout troop.he was reported but still went about his merry little way like he was an upstanding citizen. Sick.
Unknown

Georgetown, IN

#4 Sep 21, 2017
We walk by people like this daily, and people we don't even know. Yes it is not right, but he wasn't in a child's place (play ground, school etc.) he was just in town, out and about. Sure there are kids around but there are kids everywhere, and they are with their parents.
UptonMustang

Glasgow, KY

#5 Sep 22, 2017
I also attended the Civil War days last weekend and there were more than a few folks that could have been sex offenders. Sadly, it is just a part of life nowadays. I will say that after being gone for nearly 17 years and just moving back home, I am surprised at just how many registered offenders there are in Hart County, some of them I went to school with. As a father of two, it is definitely concerning. We just have to mindful of our kids and our loved ones. Not much else can be done.
ThatOneSource

United States

#6 Jul 12, 2018
Chris Owens

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Munfordville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeff b 51 min Flavor of the month 3
ABS During the Week 2 hr Yes 23
Natalie hawk ( Dixon) 3 hr Ryan 6
ABS Hotwife 3 hr Single male 2
Misty Kingrey 3 hr Terry H 1
play time Mon meNwife 3
Brina Nie Sep 14 lmsteav 47

Munfordville Jobs

Personal Finance

Munfordville Mortgages