Posted in the Munfordville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
WhAtEvEr

Glasgow, KY

#1 Oct 10, 2009
The Dart Container Corporation at 975 S Dixie St
Horse Cave, KY. Has laid-off about 50 to 60 people.
Employees

Glasgow, KY

#2 Oct 10, 2009
Shut up Kevin P.!!! You don't know as much as you think!!!
I know

Glasgow, KY

#3 Oct 11, 2009
They only laided off 18 people that hasn't reached their 84 days yet
Jim Beam

Glasgow, KY

#4 Oct 11, 2009
Theres More Lay Offs Comeing.
I know

Glasgow, KY

#5 Oct 11, 2009
It would not suprise me . Obama thought you was going to help americans.This economy sucks big time.
WhAtEvEr

Glasgow, KY

#6 Oct 12, 2009
I know wrote:
It would not suprise me . Obama thought you was going to help americans.This economy sucks big time.
Well it took years to reach the problems that our economy system is having. Not something that is fixable over night, not in days, not weeks it will take YEARS to recovery, but if major changes are not made soon the red white and blue will be a third world country. People living in tent cities, lack of jobs, lack of money, no medical care, people dying from treatable diseases. The U.S.A, needs medical reform, educational reform and many government policies need changing. The U.S no longer is a major industry... even if something is labeled made in the U.S.A the parts to assemble the product are more than likely from China. The U.S is no longer a market place of the world, no longer having the jobs or money to play in the game. Think about it Americans are now seeking medical treatment in other counties which at one time many came here to receive the best possible medical treatment. Things are not good for the U.S.A, but I hope change is on the way!
Klc

Glasgow, KY

#7 Oct 12, 2009
The only reason that they let those people go is because they were expecting a lot of business out of building 10 where these people worked. The people that already had their days in got moved to different departments. It is our slow time of year, we let part time people go every year. That is not something new. As for the rest of us go, there won't be more layoffs. When things get tight, they will move people around. Building 10's product line didn't pick up the way Dart thought it would, it happens sometimes. Rumors on here aren't helping the situation any. I trust that I will have my job as long as I don't do something to screw it up. Anyone that works there should think the same way.
cute

Glasgow, KY

#8 Oct 12, 2009
Klc wrote:
The only reason that they let those people go is because they were expecting a lot of business out of building 10 where these people worked. The people that already had their days in got moved to different departments. It is our slow time of year, we let part time people go every year. That is not something new. As for the rest of us go, there won't be more layoffs. When things get tight, they will move people around. Building 10's product line didn't pick up the way Dart thought it would, it happens sometimes. Rumors on here aren't helping the situation any. I trust that I will have my job as long as I don't do something to screw it up. Anyone that works there should think the same way.
Some of these people act like they want Dart to do bad. They better hope the company stays the same or continues to expand. If they go belly up not only will Hart Co. pay a big price but Barren, Metcalfe, Green etc..
justa saying

Cave City, KY

#9 Oct 12, 2009
WhAtEvEr wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it took years to reach the problems that our economy system is having. Not something that is fixable over night, not in days, not weeks it will take YEARS to recovery, but if major changes are not made soon the red white and blue will be a third world country. People living in tent cities, lack of jobs, lack of money, no medical care, people dying from treatable diseases. The U.S.A, needs medical reform, educational reform and many government policies need changing. The U.S no longer is a major industry... even if something is labeled made in the U.S.A the parts to assemble the product are more than likely from China. The U.S is no longer a market place of the world, no longer having the jobs or money to play in the game. Think about it Americans are now seeking medical treatment in other counties which at one time many came here to receive the best possible medical treatment. Things are not good for the U.S.A, but I hope change is on the way!
thank Clinton for NAFTA
rose petal

Glasgow, KY

#10 Oct 13, 2009
They need to quite sending in foreign workers instead of letting some of the people that have beem there around 10 years or have gotten a little older go.This is happening all across the US though not just here,of course these companies will let an American go when they can ship in some foreigners and pay them $4 bucks an hour and the gov. pay the rest of their salary, who wouldn't?I don't understand why our gov.continues to allow this when we as a nation are going belly up?
lobo

Trinity, TX

#11 Oct 13, 2009
rose petal wrote:
They need to quite sending in foreign workers instead of letting some of the people that have beem there around 10 years or have gotten a little older go.This is happening all across the US though not just here,of course these companies will let an American go when they can ship in some foreigners and pay them $4 bucks an hour and the gov. pay the rest of their salary, who wouldn't?I don't understand why our gov.continues to allow this when we as a nation are going belly up?
You don't understand why? Because your elected, non elected, governance and corporations are now partners in bilking you, depending on each other to keep each other going.If one falls short, tax backed funds are just injected to assist; you as a taxpayer back those debt funds up. You as a taxpayer pay those at the top in governance, later they get jobs from the corps they helped through legislation. A comfy deal.

What benefits both, benefits those at the top in each. For instance, lower cost of manufacturing out of this country, with the name brand added when product is returned at some port for the same old price, means higher profits for investors and those at the top. They influence trade deals through those at the top in governance. You or I no longer do. We lost, and are left with a broken economy and dollar, those at the top simply move elsewhere.
WhAtEvEr

Glasgow, KY

#12 Oct 13, 2009
cute wrote:
<quoted text> Some of these people act like they want Dart to do bad. They better hope the company stays the same or continues to expand. If they go belly up not only will Hart Co. pay a big price but Barren, Metcalfe, Green etc..
You must be reading something I missed. Nothing I have read here is bad, just talking of the layoffs. And yeah everyone is aware that Dart is a major employer of hart county and many neighboring counties.
WhAtEvEr

Glasgow, KY

#13 Oct 13, 2009
Just some info. about Dart...
Dart Container Corporation of Mason, Michigan, United States is the world's largest manufacturer of foam cups and containers, producing about as many as all competitors combined.

The company is owned by brothers Kenneth B. and Robert C. Dart, who gave up their U.S. citizenship and moved to the Cayman Islands to avoid U.S. income and estate taxes.

In 2001, the Internal Revenue Service said the Dart brothers improperly billed $11.6 million of personal security costs to Dart Container. In U.S. Tax Court, Dart Container argued the money was a valid business expense due to "specific threats and other facts and circumstances." Half the money went for corporate aircraft. The IRS asked for $4 million more for 1996 and 1997 taxes.

In 2003, the Internal Revenue Service took the brothers into court, saying they owe an additional $19 million in 1998 and 1999 taxes.They deducted $45 million in "interest" payments to feuding sibling Thomas J. Dart, relating to division of the family business in 1986. The brothers claimed they were owed a $10 million refund instead.In 2002, the Dart brothers and their companies paid $26 million in taxes - for 1994.

Dart Manufacturing Company was founded in 1937 by William F. Dart as a machine shop, manufacturing key rings,steel tape measures,and dog tags for the Department of Defense.When his son, William A. Dart,came out of the University of Michigan with three degrees (metallurgy,mathematics and engineering), he joined the family business in the late 1950s.He experimented with and perfected an expandable polystyrene (EPS) molding process,and shipped their first insulated foam cups in April 1960.Dart Container Corporation was incorporated in 1960.
Dart is virtually self-sufficient," they manufacture their own equipment, produce the raw material for their products, turn the raw materials into finished products and then deliver them throughout the world via trucks they own and operate.There are only a few things, like cartons, that are not produce in-house. they even have their own printing capabilities and make their own ink!
Dart currently manufactures product in: Mason, Michigan; Horse Cave, Kentucky; Corona, California; Quitman, Mississippi; Lodi, California; Randleman, North Carolina; Plant City, Florida; Leola, Pennsylvania; Lancaster, Pennsylvania; Lithonia, Georgia; Waxahachie, Texas; North Aurora, Illinois; and Tumwater, Washington. International subsidiaries have factories in: Campbellford, Ontario; Cradley Heath, West Midlands, UK; Atlacomulco, Mexico; Tijuana, Mexico;Smithfield, New South Wales, Australia; and Pilar, Buenos Aires.
Family Business ranks Dart Container 137th in their listing of family companies, with an estimated $1.1 billion in sales, and 4,950 employees.
cute

Glasgow, KY

#14 Oct 13, 2009
WhAtEvEr wrote:
Just some info. about Dart...
Dart Container Corporation of Mason, Michigan, United States is the world's largest manufacturer of foam cups and containers, producing about as many as all competitors combined.
The company is owned by brothers Kenneth B. and Robert C. Dart, who gave up their U.S. citizenship and moved to the Cayman Islands to avoid U.S. income and estate taxes.
In 2001, the Internal Revenue Service said the Dart brothers improperly billed $11.6 million of personal security costs to Dart Container. In U.S. Tax Court, Dart Container argued the money was a valid business expense due to "specific threats and other facts and circumstances." Half the money went for corporate aircraft. The IRS asked for $4 million more for 1996 and 1997 taxes.
In 2003, the Internal Revenue Service took the brothers into court, saying they owe an additional $19 million in 1998 and 1999 taxes.They deducted $45 million in "interest" payments to feuding sibling Thomas J. Dart, relating to division of the family business in 1986. The brothers claimed they were owed a $10 million refund instead.In 2002, the Dart brothers and their companies paid $26 million in taxes - for 1994.
Dart Manufacturing Company was founded in 1937 by William F. Dart as a machine shop, manufacturing key rings,steel tape measures,and dog tags for the Department of Defense.When his son, William A. Dart,came out of the University of Michigan with three degrees (metallurgy,mathematics and engineering), he joined the family business in the late 1950s.He experimented with and perfected an expandable polystyrene (EPS) molding process,and shipped their first insulated foam cups in April 1960.Dart Container Corporation was incorporated in 1960.
Dart is virtually self-sufficient," they manufacture their own equipment, produce the raw material for their products, turn the raw materials into finished products and then deliver them throughout the world via trucks they own and operate.There are only a few things, like cartons, that are not produce in-house. they even have their own printing capabilities and make their own ink!
Dart currently manufactures product in: Mason, Michigan; Horse Cave, Kentucky; Corona, California; Quitman, Mississippi; Lodi, California; Randleman, North Carolina; Plant City, Florida; Leola, Pennsylvania; Lancaster, Pennsylvania; Lithonia, Georgia; Waxahachie, Texas; North Aurora, Illinois; and Tumwater, Washington. International subsidiaries have factories in: Campbellford, Ontario; Cradley Heath, West Midlands, UK; Atlacomulco, Mexico; Tijuana, Mexico;Smithfield, New South Wales, Australia; and Pilar, Buenos Aires.
Family Business ranks Dart Container 137th in their listing of family companies, with an estimated $1.1 billion in sales, and 4,950 employees.
very impressive, you get a A.
cute

Glasgow, KY

#15 Oct 13, 2009
I am surprized they dont have more employees. Is this just in the US or everywhere?
someone

Lexington, KY

#16 Apr 10, 2010
who all works in the cup department.
A-Hole

Cave City, KY

#17 Apr 10, 2010
Tell Leon Logsdon to KISS MY A**!!!!
ex carhartt

Glasgow, KY

#19 Apr 11, 2010
HEY there is a huge empty carhartt building in glasgow would make a great new place for dart to expand and would make a good place for me to get a job.
genia

Cecilia, KY

#20 Apr 13, 2010
i have a friend that works at dart in horse cave and she say's it's a great place to work and what's sad is she is prego and having problems with her pregnancy even though she has been there for over 2 years she was laid off and rehired as full time then just b/f her year was up she got preg. and since she got preg b/f her year is up they are not going to give her the extended leave just unpaid fmla and if she's not back with in the fmla 10 or 12 weeks i'm not sure which it is she is going to lose her job. and the dr isn't going to release her to go back to work until the baby is born b/c she had went into preterm labor at 4 1/2 months into the preg. i think that is really harsh... crazy if u ask me... the girl and her family are having a hard enough time without having to worry about losing her job b/c she got preg b/f her year rehire date was up....crazy crazy if u ask me. i think dart needs to take into consideration of some-one's well being before they go in and make all these crazy rules... and to top it off she was on birth control so she wasn't planing to start a family!!! so it's not like she set out to get preg. before the year was up..
br549a

Glasgow, KY

#21 Apr 13, 2010
genia wrote:
i have a friend that works at dart in horse cave and she say's it's a great place to work and what's sad is she is prego and having problems with her pregnancy even though she has been there for over 2 years she was laid off and rehired as full time then just b/f her year was up she got preg. and since she got preg b/f her year is up they are not going to give her the extended leave just unpaid fmla and if she's not back with in the fmla 10 or 12 weeks i'm not sure which it is she is going to lose her job. and the dr isn't going to release her to go back to work until the baby is born b/c she had went into preterm labor at 4 1/2 months into the preg. i think that is really harsh... crazy if u ask me... the girl and her family are having a hard enough time without having to worry about losing her job b/c she got preg b/f her year rehire date was up....crazy crazy if u ask me. i think dart needs to take into consideration of some-one's well being before they go in and make all these crazy rules... and to top it off she was on birth control so she wasn't planing to start a family!!! so it's not like she set out to get preg. before the year was up..
UNION!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Munfordville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
THC detox debate 2 hr Straightup 3
Local Churches 3 hr Looking 3
Johnny Waddell (Aug '16) 7 hr Truth 19
Good cooking in restaurants cave city area any ... 11 hr not here 2
Related to god motion pictures 21 hr Bjk 3
Jessica @ IGA Fri Word 36
New Dr. Ghaffar in Munfordville Fri Victim 1

Munfordville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance