Question

Glasgow, KY

#1 Feb 26, 2013
Just wondering if there would be any interest in the area for an affordable place to workout for both men and women?
Anonymous

Elizabethtown, KY

#2 Feb 26, 2013
Question wrote:
Just wondering if there would be any interest in the area for an affordable place to workout for both men and women?
Good gym, with basketball courts, treadmills, and weights? If so sounds like a great idea exactly what mville needs.
Question

Glasgow, KY

#3 Feb 26, 2013
To start it would have a weight room, a cardio room, and hopefully a class type room so we could have aerobics classes like zumba or yoga, you know something for the ladies other than just an elliptical. Also would have daycare services for members from like 8am to 6pm. If it turns out to be a success we would definitely expand with basketball courts, maybe a swimming pool, etc.
yesyesyes

Glasgow, KY

#5 Feb 27, 2013
Absolutely!! I would cancel my membership in E-town.
SeeYa

Glasgow, KY

#6 Feb 27, 2013
Im a Woman and I say YES, YES, YES... Please Open a Gym ..
Question

Glasgow, KY

#7 Feb 27, 2013
thanks for the input, It will be a work in progress as of right now we are going through the business plan and loan process, but this gym will be for you guys, so any advice or input is very much appreciated, and I'm not sure if many people know this but you "Gym" have a family membership at extreme for 37 dollars a month i know because I have one and the only reason it is that cheap is because you get a discount from your work, if you didnt get a discount extremes regular family rate WITH A CONTRACT is around 80 dollars or something crazy like that and its even higher if you dont sign a contract. My gym will have no contracts, cancel with 30 days notice, and my rates will be the same if not cheaper than the discounted rates that extreme charges, I will not try to "break the bank" when it comes to my members, and I plan to also have some sort of discount program in place to make it even cheaper. If all goes well I plan to open in about 6 months time. Like I said any ideas are welcome it will be your gym, so what would you like to see there? thanks.
Question

Glasgow, KY

#8 Feb 27, 2013
I also know location is key, which is one thing we have been and will be looking into extensively, There are a couple good locations in cave city are and horse cave, not sure where we want it yet though.
Anonymous

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 Feb 27, 2013
The reason I say this about the b-ball court is That me and all my friends look for a place to play after school and that would be a big reason we would get memberships
minton

Edmonton, KY

#11 Mar 1, 2013
Question wrote:
thanks for the input, It will be a work in progress as of right now we are going through the business plan and loan process, but this gym will be for you guys, so any advice or input is very much appreciated, and I'm not sure if many people know this but you "Gym" have a family membership at extreme for 37 dollars a month i know because I have one and the only reason it is that cheap is because you get a discount from your work, if you didnt get a discount extremes regular family rate WITH A CONTRACT is around 80 dollars or something crazy like that and its even higher if you dont sign a contract. My gym will have no contracts, cancel with 30 days notice, and my rates will be the same if not cheaper than the discounted rates that extreme charges, I will not try to "break the bank" when it comes to my members, and I plan to also have some sort of discount program in place to make it even cheaper. If all goes well I plan to open in about 6 months time. Like I said any ideas are welcome it will be your gym, so what would you like to see there? thanks.
save yourself alot of money and FORGET bout opening up any type of gym or workout studio,first of all this is hart co,home of some of the laziest people on earth that will never spend money to break a sweat,also even the ones that are not lazy and can afford it will end of going a month maybe two,then gradually it will taper off and when the subscription runs out,they will not rejoin,thats just the way it is around here,so many people have tried the very thing you are proposing and it has NEVER worked for anybody yet,and it cost some of these people alot of money for it to not work.i cant see a bank loanin money for a venture like this anyways,but if you do decide to do it,i wish you many lucks.i promise you this will never ever work or be a money makin venture for you.

Since: Mar 13

United States

#13 Apr 11, 2013
I live in Heber Springs Ar I grew up in Ky though We have a Community Center in Heber Springs. It is wonderful and it is only 10.00 dollars per month. There was a sales tax that helped it to get started. Of course that was voted for by the people. It is a wonderful thing for a community
minton

Edmonton, KY

#14 Apr 11, 2013
Ella Williams wrote:
I live in Heber Springs Ar I grew up in Ky though We have a Community Center in Heber Springs. It is wonderful and it is only 10.00 dollars per month. There was a sales tax that helped it to get started. Of course that was voted for by the people. It is a wonderful thing for a community
never go over in hart co ky,nobody gonna give one red cent to build any blding.
Kock Block

Bowling Green, KY

#15 Apr 18, 2013
Minton you don't know everything. Its obvious you are some old fart. Times are changing and this next generation will not put up with being so fat they can't get around. I think it would go great. Go back to the nursing home and eat your ice cream.
free runner

Campbellsville, KY

#16 Jun 30, 2013
I would love to have a safe place to practice free running/parkour. If this place includes gymnast type equipment, me and all of my family would be there every day. My daughter is about to be two and already shows alot of skill in gymnastics. Im definitely getting her involved in gymnastics any day now but if this stuff was available in munfordville you got my membership.
Yep

United States

#17 Jul 1, 2013
Unless the place takes food stamps or welfare checks the place will go out of business.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Munfordville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jessica @ IGA 41 min Hmmm 11
trial date circus 1 hr William Evans 2
Civil War Days Celebrates Slavery! (Sep '11) 3 hr candy man 37
Kink Carney. child molster. 11 hr Angela 3
Local ladies are super easy 19 hr doctor hook 2
Billie jo Sun Member 2
Lanny J AKA officer Stud. (May '10) Sun man candy 29

Munfordville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Munfordville Mortgages