louisville bedding
real times

Brandenburg, KY

#1 Oct 4, 2011
whats going on down there, with sending people home when they come in to work . are they shutting down or what?
SeeYa

Glasgow, KY

#2 Nov 1, 2011
Louisville Bedding Having Another Lay-Off.
Yolanda Montaga

Glasgow, KY

#3 Nov 2, 2011
How many people got laid off? So sad.
Insane

Glasgow, KY

#4 Nov 2, 2011
I'm trying to figure out why someone would choose this as a career in the first place. If people have no skills then how can they even begin to think that their employment with a company would be important enough for the company to keep them around?
douchebag says what

Glasgow, KY

#5 Nov 3, 2011
Insane wrote:
I'm trying to figure out why someone would choose this as a career in the first place. If people have no skills then how can they even begin to think that their employment with a company would be important enough for the company to keep them around?
There are no guarantees with any job. Skill is over looked many times if the attitude is an issue. Skill can be taught. Ford-ism changed the industry- the manufacture of standardized products in huge volumes using special purpose machinery and unskilled labor. Anymore making yourself indispensable is practically impossible. Fewer job openings and many needing work. To be unemployed at this economic time has nothing to do with the person's work ethic or how skilled. It has to do with the American dollar losing value and on the edge of bottoming out. It won't be long til those who assumed the had secure job positions will no longer have a job. I would be careful not to be too cocky during these times. These are times that people get a rude awakening and find just how low they are on the totem pole.
Insane

Glasgow, KY

#6 Nov 3, 2011
douchebag says what wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no guarantees with any job. Skill is over looked many times if the attitude is an issue. Skill can be taught. Ford-ism changed the industry- the manufacture of standardized products in huge volumes using special purpose machinery and unskilled labor. Anymore making yourself indispensable is practically impossible. Fewer job openings and many needing work. To be unemployed at this economic time has nothing to do with the person's work ethic or how skilled. It has to do with the American dollar losing value and on the edge of bottoming out. It won't be long til those who assumed the had secure job positions will no longer have a job. I would be careful not to be too cocky during these times. These are times that people get a rude awakening and find just how low they are on the totem pole.
Making yourself indispensable isn't impossible but it is expensive, and it does require people to to be intelligent enough to train for it. Indispensable people are those who have skills that the majority cannot have because they are either not smart enough or they don't want to take the time/spend the money it takes to get that training. You can't say that an engineer is dispensable. Or a chemist. Or a doctor. So, one CAN make themselves so important in the work force that they are pretty much guranteed a job anywhere they go in the world. I find it sad because I see so many friends and family who banked on the American dream being one where unskilled workers could make a decent living in a blue collar industry. That idea is falling apart because of technology and people are refusing to accept it and adapt. This year, WKU's enrollment hit an all time high, and many are older students who have gotten the idea finally that unskilled labor won't put food on the table. The benefits of preparing for such a job and making onesself indispensable isn't just for the "rich" or the "snobs" or even the super smart anymore. Working in a "real mans job" is never the way to go. Corporations are notoriously inhumane and dirty. Working for Ford or GM or any other corporation is, for the most part, slave labor. Many people get upset to see those jobs move overseas but who wants to work for a corporation who's ethics are so bad they would leave America and their long time employees who work hard, to go to a third world country and abuse humans for 20 cents to the hour? Are these really jobs we want to keep in America and are these really companies we wan't to cry over when they leave?
douchebag says what

Glasgow, KY

#7 Nov 5, 2011
Insane wrote:
<quoted text>Making yourself indispensable isn't impossible but it is expensive, and it does require people to to be intelligent enough to train for it. Indispensable people are those who have skills that the majority cannot have because they are either not smart enough or they don't want to take the time/spend the money it takes to get that training. You can't say that an engineer is dispensable. Or a chemist. Or a doctor. So, one CAN make themselves so important in the work force that they are pretty much guranteed a job anywhere they go in the world. I find it sad because I see so many friends and family who banked on the American dream being one where unskilled workers could make a decent living in a blue collar industry. That idea is falling apart because of technology and people are refusing to accept it and adapt. This year, WKU's enrollment hit an all time high, and many are older students who have gotten the idea finally that unskilled labor won't put food on the table. The benefits of preparing for such a job and making onesself indispensable isn't just for the "rich" or the "snobs" or even the super smart anymore. Working in a "real mans job" is never the way to go. Corporations are notoriously inhumane and dirty. Working for Ford or GM or any other corporation is, for the most part, slave labor. Many people get upset to see those jobs move overseas but who wants to work for a corporation who's ethics are so bad they would leave America and their long time employees who work hard, to go to a third world country and abuse humans for 20 cents to the hour? Are these really jobs we want to keep in America and are these really companies we wan't to cry over when they leave?
What happens to the value of a college degree when everyone has one? What becomes of the average pay scale of jobs that have more degrees then openings? Many degrees are worthless. Even more now. The fact is education in this country has 'dumb down'. Finding someone to think for themselves and comprehend are worth their weight in gold nowadays.

http://civilisationis.com/dumb/dumb2.htm

As far as those corporations you mentioned leaving and hiring slave labor for 20 cents an hour is only able to do so because our government have passed laws allowing it and the government of those countries that use their citizens for cheap labor forces. It has been the ones that were suppose to protect the people that have hurt the workforce and enslave people.

Keep in mind, Without blue collar workers there would be no white collar jobs. There a documentary called 'College Conspiracy'. It is 1 of many that points out the current dilemma that is facing college graduates.
Idiot Paper

Glasgow, KY

#8 Nov 5, 2011
douchebag says what wrote:
<quoted text>
What happens to the value of a college degree when everyone has one? What becomes of the average pay scale of jobs that have more degrees then openings? Many degrees are worthless. Even more now. The fact is education in this country has 'dumb down'. Finding someone to think for themselves and comprehend are worth their weight in gold nowadays.
http://civilisationis.com/dumb/dumb2.htm
As far as those corporations you mentioned leaving and hiring slave labor for 20 cents an hour is only able to do so because our government have passed laws allowing it and the government of those countries that use their citizens for cheap labor forces. It has been the ones that were suppose to protect the people that have hurt the workforce and enslave people.
Keep in mind, Without blue collar workers there would be no white collar jobs. There a documentary called 'College Conspiracy'. It is 1 of many that points out the current dilemma that is facing college graduates.
The degrees I listed are not worthless and they are also not a degree that just anyone can obtain. No, they move to other countries because they are not ethical. Why would someone want to work for a corporation who would choose to do that in the light of not having laws to prevent them from doing so? I never said there was anything wrong with blue collar jobs. However, I have no sympathy for someone who chooses to work for a factory as a career and then suddenly finds themself without a job. And the same people who complain about factories moving to other countries also complain about unions, which prevent factories from doing that in the firest place. And when you talk about having too many people and not enough jobs, well, we just hit the 7 billionth person on Earth in October. What do you expect in an overpopulated planet? People had better try very hard to get an education and a degree in an elite field, because if push comes to shove, who do you think would be spared in the light of global depopulation efforts? It's not going to be the people with no training or education because society cannot afford to carry them any longer. And if you think that's not going to happen you had better think again. The efforts to curb global population have been targetted at third world countries in the form of contraception and abortion. There's alread been talks by high governmental officials and environmental scientists to force sterilization on people in the USA in the future. So, the problem can be traced to overpopulation by people who are poor.
Whatever

Glasgow, KY

#9 Feb 28, 2012
Idiot Paper wrote:
<quoted text>The degrees I listed are not worthless and they are also not a degree that just anyone can obtain. No, they move to other countries because they are not ethical. Why would someone want to work for a corporation who would choose to do that in the light of not having laws to prevent them from doing so? I never said there was anything wrong with blue collar jobs. However, I have no sympathy for someone who chooses to work for a factory as a career and then suddenly finds themself without a job. And the same people who complain about factories moving to other countries also complain about unions, which prevent factories from doing that in the firest place. And when you talk about having too many people and not enough jobs, well, we just hit the 7 billionth person on Earth in October. What do you expect in an overpopulated planet? People had better try very hard to get an education and a degree in an elite field, because if push comes to shove, who do you think would be spared in the light of global depopulation efforts? It's not going to be the people with no training or education because society cannot afford to carry them any longer. And if you think that's not going to happen you had better think again. The efforts to curb global population have been targetted at third world countries in the form of contraception and abortion. There's alread been talks by high governmental officials and environmental scientists to force sterilization on people in the USA in the future. So, the problem can be traced to overpopulation by people who are poor.
And here is yet another dumb ass that thinks they know everything........(smh)
lmao

Munfordville, KY

#10 Mar 15, 2012
WOW someone does think they know everything. IF everyone had a degree in the fields that you suggested instead of working in a factory..... then those degrees would be worthless. Also jobs in those careers would be hard to come by at that time. Guess you had'nt really thought that through before you put down people who might not even have a choice but to work in a factory. Instead of trying to make them look bad you should appreciate them because someone has to do it otherwise you wouldnt have alot of things that are produced from factories. Someone has to do it and it isnt easy. I have respect for people who have to work in factories to "surive". None of those people have an easy life and always struggle. Yes, its horrible that they dont always have a job because they could lose it at any given moment. I think they deserve more stability than they have. They deserve it just like someone who has obtained a degree. They put in time and sweat at those jobs. Some need to retire from those jobs because there bodies are so wore down that they cant work another job or start all over for retirement.
lmao

Munfordville, KY

#11 Mar 15, 2012
"survive" lol
lmao

Munfordville, KY

#12 Mar 15, 2012
Insane wrote:
BY the way most of those companies arent looking for a skilled worker only a strong worker who can work like a slave.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Munfordville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
horse cave bookstore (Oct '17) 1 hr Sexslave 67
wanna hook up at the book store (Nov '16) 11 hr Terry 32
Kita riggs 14 hr Kita riggs 8
Ricky Alvey 18 hr Elsie 15
Hollander sleep products Wed Union all way 4
Caverna youth league Wed Charles 9
Marzzetti Wed hadenough 19

Munfordville Jobs

Personal Finance

Munfordville Mortgages