New president appointed at Salpointe

Jan 18, 2010 Full story: The Arizona Daily Star

Salpointe Catholic High School has a new president and head of school. The Rev. Robert Carroll is replacing the Rev.

Full Story
James B

AOL

#1 Jan 19, 2010
I am relieved to hear that Salpointe finally has a new president. Ten years is far to long for any administrator to be at th same place. It just gets stagnant and old. That being said, Salpointe also needs to get rid of the rest of their administration or nothing will change, I guarantee. Why in the world does a small school of 1000 need to pay for six administrators anyway? What a ridiculous waste of money just to service the egos of a few people. And who pays for it? The parents, of course. Put that money into the teachers where it will mena something. The parents are expected to come up with the money to pay for all these inflated salaries of former teachers who are not trained to manage but are being paid the big bucks. If they do not do something to clean them out, the school will be boarding their doors in five years, mark my words. Fr. Bob Carroll, I hope you see the writing ont he wall and do not back down or you will be the captain of a sinking ship.
Jan

AOL

#2 Jan 20, 2010
I am so glad my kids are no longer at Salpointe. It was the best school in AZ back in the 1990s and early 2000s, but it is not sliding but avalanching downhill since then. There are a number of reasons. Yes, one is the ridiculous "Leadership Team" they have that just passes the buck back and forth. Second is that like James said, they have too many people who have been there way too long and act as though they own the place. Third, is that they have not had a real principal for six years. Fourth is that they need a decent atheltic director who is not lazy and actually knows what he/she is doing. The athletic legacy the school used to have is fading fast. Fifth they need to skim off all the fat and extra employees they do not need. I can go all the way to 10 and maybe higher, but I think you get the point. The school is a broken mess and hopefully Fr. Bob Carroll will be able to fix it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mundelein Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Obama Sux 49,876
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 6 hr LieutenantGov 4,033
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) 6 hr fosterbrooks 156
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 6 hr Blwlgo 1,930
AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 11 hr L for loser 7,563
Wheeling police cover up Sep 16 John Caliendo 1
60 years later, gang leader's slaying still uns... (Jan '08) Sep 16 IllinoisHistory 1,182
•••
•••
•••

Mundelein Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Mundelein People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Mundelein News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Mundelein