Lake Co. landfill gas triggers review

Lake Co. landfill gas triggers review

There are 10 comments on the Daily Herald story from Dec 20, 2008, titled Lake Co. landfill gas triggers review. In it, Daily Herald reports that:

An increased gas odor from Countryside Landfill near Grayslake has prompted two local governments to combine on a request for an independent review of the operation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Herald.

paul

Mundelein, IL

#1 Jan 3, 2009
So let me get this straight; people who move to within 1/4 of a county garbage dump are complaining about the odor?
Round Laker

Mount Prospect, IL

#2 Jan 3, 2009
Why aren't they trapping the gas and using it to generate electricity?
youstankyho

Schaumburg, IL

#3 Jan 3, 2009
Right...what stinks is the yuppies who are crapping their pants because the can not longer afford the taxes and the mortage. Big houses no brains. big debit. Stinks don't it...LOL
paul

Mundelein, IL

#4 Jan 4, 2009
youstankyho wrote:
Right...what stinks is the yuppies who are crapping their pants because the can not longer afford the taxes and the mortage. Big houses no brains. big debit. Stinks don't it...LOL
I feel bad for everyone in that boat. In this case though I do not feel bad for anyone who moved next to a landfill.
John R

Waukegan, IL

#5 Jan 11, 2009
These people chose to live next to a landfill that has existed at its current site since I was a kid (30 years) if they are demanding that the landfill place some type of air filtering system, then these people should foot a large portion of the bill. They will be the ones who reap the benefits of decrease odors, and probably would realize an increase in property value. The rest of the county, or those who depend on the landfill for disposal should not be the one who are responsible to the fix.
Resident

Round Lake, IL

#6 Jan 15, 2009
Remember what the bill board use to say for prairie crossing when the were pushing the subdivision. " Leave where your food grow's"
They forgot to add a line to that bill board.
It should of said, Live where your food grow's and smell where your garbage goes!
It doesn't take a very high IQ to realize that living by a garbage dump you will have to deal with the garbage odor.
paul

Mundelein, IL

#7 Jan 15, 2009
Resident wrote:
Remember what the bill board use to say for prairie crossing when the were pushing the subdivision. " Leave where your food grow's"
They forgot to add a line to that bill board.
It should of said, Live where your food grow's and smell where your garbage goes!
It doesn't take a very high IQ to realize that living by a garbage dump you will have to deal with the garbage odor.
or "live where you food will eventually go"
joe wildwood ill

Glenview, IL

#8 Nov 6, 2009
Does anyone in wildwood smell the garbage dump in countryside. If so how often ?
Gina

United States

#9 Nov 10, 2009
The Prairie Crossing folks want to get back to nature. How much closer can you get back to nature than living across the street from a landfill? I remember when they were originally building those houses, Prairie Crossing had an employee in their sales office whose job it was to go outside at 4:00 p.m., deterine which way the wind was blowing and whether or not she could smell the landfill.
Noobama

AOL

#10 Nov 27, 2009
We got bigger problems then that land fill in grayslake. Try breathing that dust from the gravel pit next door. The white dust on 83 causes cancer. That pit has a hazard warning on receipt from there site.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mundelein Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ISP Investigator indicted for perjury Feb 3 Common Theory 5
The Old Insane Asylum in Gurnee (May '09) Feb 1 MyOpine 19
Barbwire Grill (Jul '15) Jan 30 Jim Miller 5
News Developer says apartments key for Lake Zurich K... Jan 28 Charles Crawford 1
Rt. 60/83 traffic and trains have me down (Dec '11) Jan 26 ADAM 2
Grand Ave and Hunt Club Rd New building Jan 26 Hugh Girrod 5
News Lake County Sheriff Arrests Alleged Heroin Deal... (May '12) Jan 23 Aline 21
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mundelein Mortgages