Cops arrest 19 youths in school gangs crackdown

A crackdown on gang confrontations at Mundelein High School this week has resulted in the arrests of 19 students, many of then young teens, authorities said today. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
omg das crazy

Mount Prospect, IL

#1 Feb 28, 2007
mundelin is one of the top schools in the country, cant believe people who fight for stupid reasons are ruining thier reputation of the school, mundelein is a good, well diversed school which cant tolerate this activity and should NOT!
mundelein high school

Crystal Lake, IL

#2 Apr 20, 2008
wow ur dumb, if you went there you wud no that like 90% of the kids are drunks stoners, or ganbangers

Since: Apr 08

Grayslake, IL

#3 Apr 25, 2008
Maybe if YOU went there, or someplace else, you'd know how to spell.
mundelein high school wrote:
wow ur dumb, if you went there you wud no that like 90% of the kids are drunks stoners, or ganbangers
mundelein high

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Apr 27, 2008
thats called slang, ur dumb. Ur meaning you are.
stephanie gomes

Sullivan, MO

#5 Aug 18, 2008
well all i have to say is that i lived in mundelein for 11 years and i loved it and mundelein has the best rep ever... f*** that when u got to fight u have to and i would know becuz i was there when it happend....f*** all u haters
P.s they all now me by buki
lil Mama

Mundelein, IL

#6 Mar 3, 2009
stephanie gomes wrote:
well all i have to say is that i lived in mundelein for 11 years and i loved it and mundelein has the best rep ever... f*** that when u got to fight u have to and i would know becuz i was there when it happend....f*** all u haters
P.s they all now me by buki
Listen you and your sister Kary cause so much drama and it never ends you talk crap about everyone get over yourself. Seriously. Grow the hell up.
Kryystal KiiNg LoV3

Mundelein, IL

#7 Mar 3, 2009
stephanie gomes wrote:
well all i have to say is that i lived in mundelein for 11 years and i loved it and mundelein has the best rep ever... f*** that when u got to fight u have to and i would know becuz i was there when it happend....f*** all u haters
P.s they all now me by buki
You caused all the problems in school and never listened to anyone. You should be the last one stating you opinion.
Jayden

Mundelein, IL

#8 Mar 3, 2009
I have lived in Mundelein for 16 years now. I know for a fact that Mundelein High School is not one of the best schools at all. 86% of them are in gangs and the school is known for that. They have fights daily and need to pay more attention to their moral values and what the students need. I only know 12 out of the 200 people i know that go to Mundelein that are involved in extra curricular activities, not involved in gangs, don't smoke weed, and haven't gotten pregnant before the age of 17. This is my input. I am not saying this to judge but this is what i have seen. Something needs to change, because everyone needs and deserves an education. I love Mundelein, but the school is giving a bad rep to the town.

“More human than human.”

Since: Jan 09

North Suburbs of Chicago

#9 Mar 4, 2009
Jayden wrote:
I have lived in Mundelein for 16 years now. I know for a fact that Mundelein High School is not one of the best schools at all. 86% of them are in gangs and the school is known for that. They have fights daily and need to pay more attention to their moral values and what the students need. I only know 12 out of the 200 people i know that go to Mundelein that are involved in extra curricular activities, not involved in gangs, don't smoke weed, and haven't gotten pregnant before the age of 17. This is my input. I am not saying this to judge but this is what i have seen. Something needs to change, because everyone needs and deserves an education. I love Mundelein, but the school is giving a bad rep to the town.
3 out of 17 posts on topix are ill concieved and 61.48% of all statistics are made up
Jayden

Winnetka, IL

#10 Mar 11, 2009
I am correct you are wrong!
but okay!

“More human than human.”

Since: Jan 09

North Suburbs of Chicago

#11 Mar 11, 2009
Jayden wrote:
I am correct you are wrong!
but okay!
cite your source then
jayden

Winnetka, IL

#12 May 14, 2009
Mundelein high school website

“More human than human.”

Since: Jan 09

North Suburbs of Chicago

#13 May 14, 2009
jayden wrote:
Mundelein high school website
Link the statistical data. i highly doubt 86% are in gangs. Over a third of students come from the fremont township which is one of the most affluent and crime free in all of illinois. Kind of hard picturing someone from countryside lake gang banging in between gold tournaments and horseback riding lessons.

“More human than human.”

Since: Jan 09

North Suburbs of Chicago

#14 May 14, 2009
According to a press release Illinois has 8-11 gang members per 1000 residents. Please refer to http://www.tippecanoe.in.gov/egov/docs/123429... . Using this data and know Mundelein's population we could have potentially have 341 gang members. MHS has an enrollment of 2260. Using your math that means there are a whopping 1944 gang members in the school. Futhermore the school outperforms state averages in most categories, including graduatiion. Refer to http://www.mundeleinmustangs.com/SchoolReport... . And on a personal note, every kid I know at MHS is in an extracurricular activity, none are pregnant. Whether or not the smoke would be impossble for me to know, but none are rolling with gangs as they are way to busy with athletics, cheer, and clubs. Before you post anything think. Putting out crazy high number like you did diminishes whatever point you are trying to make. Does Mundelein have gangs? Of course, and having one banger is too many. But is Mundelein overall a decent community? I say yes, but there is always room to improve.
mundelein grad

Crystal Lake, IL

#16 May 25, 2009
THe gang fire just proves how bad mundelein is getting. For the summer mundelein cops doubled the number of units they had got 2 k9s and gang squad from the city all because it is getting crazy
demoman

Gilberts, IL

#17 May 27, 2009
RickDeckard wrote:
According to a press release Illinois has 8-11 gang members per 1000 residents. Please refer to http://www.tippecanoe.in.gov/egov/docs/123429... . Using this data and know Mundelein's population we could have potentially have 341 gang members. MHS has an enrollment of 2260. Using your math that means there are a whopping 1944 gang members in the school. Futhermore the school outperforms state averages in most categories, including graduatiion. Refer to http://www.mundeleinmustangs.com/SchoolReport... . And on a personal note, every kid I know at MHS is in an extracurricular activity, none are pregnant. Whether or not the smoke would be impossble for me to know, but none are rolling with gangs as they are way to busy with athletics, cheer, and clubs. Before you post anything think. Putting out crazy high number like you did diminishes whatever point you are trying to make. Does Mundelein have gangs? Of course, and having one banger is too many. But is Mundelein overall a decent community? I say yes, but there is always room to improve.
That's 8 to 11 not 811 you moron. Go back to school.

“More human than human.”

Since: Jan 09

North Suburbs of Chicago

#18 May 27, 2009
demoman wrote:
<quoted text>
That's 8 to 11 not 811 you moron. Go back to school.
check your glasses, nowhere in my post did I type 811. 8-11 is the same as 8 to 11.
Mundelein

Libertyville, IL

#19 Oct 9, 2009
Mundelein is so bad now it's horrible filled with gangs. On top of that shootings down my street! Cars getting bricked and they walking around with bats. Gang unit and Mundelein police need to get off harrassing innocent people AND START DOING SOMETHING ABOUT THIS! I'm tired of it, theres little kids playing outside everyday. The gangs have no respect around here and somebody has to do something about it.

AND TO KILL A LITTLE BOY?! THEY KNEW THE FAMILY WAS IN THERE IT WAS LIKE 2 IN THE MORNING! THEY NEED TO READ THEYRE F**CKING LITTATURE! I HOPE THEY ROT
mary

AOL

#20 Oct 19, 2009
I live in Mundelein,my son graduated with high honours.....have another sophmore there... every school has problems with gangs drugs ex....teach your kids to stay clear from it......never once had a problem
demoman

Roselle, IL

#21 Oct 23, 2009
Rick, you must be a Mundelein grad...probably had high honnors too. How was your graduatiion (SIC)?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mundelein Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fugitive shavonna welty 30 min Bob 3
New Boutique 8 hr Mary Sheehan 2
Sometime we just have to change 22 hr Grayskull 1
How bad is the distracted driving in your area ? 22 hr Grayskull 1
Discover to begin offering home equity loans (Mar '13) Tue jordennancy23 5
Teacher & Preacher. Abusers. Be informed Fairfi... Mon Scottdf79 1
Last night accident at LaGrange and 87th = Horr... (Nov '08) Dec 13 Covenat6080 18
Mundelein Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Mundelein People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Mundelein News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Mundelein

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:25 pm PST

ESPN 4:25PM
Source: Bears To Start Clausen Over Cutler
Bleacher Report 4:47 PM
Alshon Jeffery and Matt Forte's Updated Fantasy Value After Jay Cutler Benching
Bleacher Report 5:07 PM
Lions vs. Bears: Breaking Down Detroit's Game Plan
Bleacher Report 5:51 PM
Green Bay Packers vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
NBC Sports 6:29 PM
Reports: Bears benching Cutler - NBC Sports