Hughesville counselor facing sex charges

Full story: Sun-Gazette 21
A Hughesville Junior High School guidance counselor has been charged with having a sexual relationship with a student at the school, according to documents filed with a district judge. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Santa

AOL

#1 Jan 6, 2007
Put Barbie The punk's Mom in jail also ! She is a BUTCH - JERK ! & ONE FUGLY BEAST !
beth

Muncy, PA

#2 Jan 12, 2007
IF the teacher would have looked at the handbook that the school had it states in the book NOT TO TAKE THE STUDENTS anywhere in your cars..........I hope that the school gets rid of her and not only get her for it but the kid that did it as well......she should of new better then doing that stuff anyway
Good Luck Jen

Coatesville, PA

#3 Oct 24, 2007
Well, I speak for everyone here in Hughesville when I say that this Jennifer Villacrusis thing is finally behind us! She was the Hughesville High School Guidance Counselor who had sex in her high school office with a 17 year old boy student of hers. And was caught on the school video camera. It was sad that this thing turned into such a joke for us who live here.

Well, those of us who have known and loved Jen are happy to announce that she and her husband, Michael (Mike), are rebuilding their lives south of the Mason Dixon line in sunny Harrisonburg, Virginia.

Her plea bargain agreement was "all charges dropped in exchange for leaving the state”. So they have both purchased a wonderfully large house there:

http://www.dnronline.com/news_details.php...

The following property transfers, for at least $150,000 each, were recorded July 2-11 in Harrisonburg and Rockingham County.

Brentwood LLC to Michael and Jennifer Villacrusis, 1720 Marble Ridge Road, Ashby District,$190,000.

Mike has already gotten a job there as a teacher at the Harrisonburg School District and Jennifer should have a job there by the end of this school year. We’re all keeping our fingers crossed!

All of us here in Hughesville wish them the best of luck in Harrisonburg!

She was a wonderful person, and of course all of the boys loved her.
eileen

Downingtown, PA

#4 Nov 26, 2007
I don't know how to work this so I hope it comes through ok. I live in the area also and think this all was a shame. It is such a nice community. I had not heard there was any plea bargain. How did you hear about this?
Good Luck Jen wrote:
Well, I speak for everyone here in Hughesville when I say that this Jennifer Villacrusis thing is finally behind us! She was the Hughesville High School Guidance Counselor who had sex in her high school office with a 17 year old boy student of hers. And was caught on the school video camera. It was sad that this thing turned into such a joke for us who live here.
Well, those of us who have known and loved Jen are happy to announce that she and her husband, Michael (Mike), are rebuilding their lives south of the Mason Dixon line in sunny Harrisonburg, Virginia.
Her plea bargain agreement was "all charges dropped in exchange for leaving the state”. So they have both purchased a wonderfully large house there:
http://www.dnronline.com/news_details.php...
The following property transfers, for at least $150,000 each, were recorded July 2-11 in Harrisonburg and Rockingham County.
Brentwood LLC to Michael and Jennifer Villacrusis, 1720 Marble Ridge Road, Ashby District,$190,000.
Mike has already gotten a job there as a teacher at the Harrisonburg School District and Jennifer should have a job there by the end of this school year. We’re all keeping our fingers crossed!
All of us here in Hughesville wish them the best of luck in Harrisonburg!
She was a wonderful person, and of course all of the boys loved her.
eileen

Downingtown, PA

#5 Nov 26, 2007
Dear Santa, you sound jealous, like you would like some of the "guidance" for christmas.
Santa wrote:
Put Barbie The punk's Mom in jail also ! She is a BUTCH - JERK ! & ONE FUGLY BEAST !
Harley

Arlington, VA

#6 Oct 10, 2008
I am so glad to see the Villacrusis have made it....I totally hoped this issue would be dropped as Jen is a GREAT counselor to kids and families and the one at HHS sucks who is there now..she HAD retired for a reason..that being she was sick of kids....her heart is not in it as I have been involved with both of them and Jen rocks. Santa, maybe you should look how green you look in your mirror.EVERYONE makes mistakes.
Answered Prayer

Brookville, PA

#7 Oct 14, 2008
Thank You D.A. Lindhardt for doing the Right thing! Finally, the ***TRUTH*** matters.

Dear Jen, If you are reading this I am the parent of a child you counseled for 2 years. You made a huge impact on both of our lives during that time. My child is thriving now and I truely believe your guidence is a big part of the better choices he makes today. And I thank you!
Our family never believed for one second that you were guilty of anything more than caring about our children. We knew you were INNOCENT and prayed for the TRUTH to prevail. We hope this gives you some closure so you Mike and your girls will be able to start the healing process now and get on with life.
Be well,
God Bless ><///> ><///>

Ps. Harley is right you do ROCK...
Hughesville Grandmother

United States

#8 May 16, 2009
Good Luck Jen wrote:
Well, I speak for everyone here in Hughesville when I say that this Jennifer Villacrusis thing is finally behind us! She was the Hughesville High School Guidance Counselor who had sex in her high school office with a 17 year old boy student of hers. And was caught on the school video camera. It was sad that this thing turned into such a joke for us who live here.
Well, those of us who have known and loved Jen are happy to announce that she and her husband, Michael (Mike), are rebuilding their lives south of the Mason Dixon line in sunny Harrisonburg, Virginia.
Her plea bargain agreement was "all charges dropped in exchange for leaving the state”. So they have both purchased a wonderfully large house there:
http://www.dnronline.com/news_details.php...
The following property transfers, for at least $150,000 each, were recorded July 2-11 in Harrisonburg and Rockingham County.
Brentwood LLC to Michael and Jennifer Villacrusis, 1720 Marble Ridge Road, Ashby District,$190,000.
Mike has already gotten a job there as a teacher at the Harrisonburg School District and Jennifer should have a job there by the end of this school year. We’re all keeping our fingers crossed!
All of us here in Hughesville wish them the best of luck in Harrisonburg!
She was a wonderful person, and of course all of the boys loved her.
Her plea bargain agreement 'all charges dropped in exchange for leaving the state ' SHOULD SPEAK VOLUMES OF HER GUILT to everyone. If she was not guilty, why didn't she stand her ground and go to trial? And 'she should have a job by the end of this year'? God forbid it should be in a school! And don't the schools there do a background check on potential hires? If not, shame on them. And if part of the plea agreement was to erase any record of these charges, then shame on the DA.---- This is how these kind of actions by those in whom we entrust our children continue to carry out such behavior. You read about it in the newspapers all the time.---- It is so true Michael was much loved by the students, fellow staff members, and a recent comment to me from a former cafeteria staff person that 'he always had a smile on his face, made you feel good, and made your day seem better' speaks volumes for him! Just a shame he and their children had to go thru this.---- And so true, ANY teacher should know better than to take a student in their vehicle alone or be alone with them anywhere else where there are no video camera's; STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES!!---- And yes, the entire area is so glad this is all behind us. It isn't the first time these kind of actions have happened in the school district and woefully it probably won't be the last.
hughesville man

Watsontown, PA

#9 May 17, 2009
should have went to jail. if it was a man teacher and a 17 year old girl what do you think would happen.actually not much of a difference between her and greg barto.
James Tomlinson

Mountain Top, PA

#10 Jun 4, 2009
I am the father of Jennifer Villacrusis. Many of the claims made in postings listed above here are completely false. My daughter was assualted by a student who falsely accused her of a crime. There was NO plea agreement. The D.A. dismissed these charges for reasons which are clear to anyone who has actually seen the materials submitted in the investigation. I cannot reveal specifics, but I can assure you that the boy in question lied. We appreciate the support of people in the community who actually know the facts of this case. Jennifer was the victim not the perpretrator. So that you can be assured I am the person I say I am, I include my contact information below:

James Tomlinson Ph.D.
Department of Communication Studies
Bloomsburg University
Bloomsburg, PA 17815
Email: jtomlins@bloomu.edu
hughesville man

Watsontown, PA

#11 Jun 4, 2009
then why was the boy not arrested? seems too easy just to get moved away.nolle prossed is the term you look for.
Hughesville Grandmother

West Sunbury, PA

#12 Jun 5, 2009
The correct term is ' nolle prosequi ' meaning 'an admission that the charges cannot be proved' or one of the reasons 'the district attorney has become convinced that the accused is innocent',and charges are dropped 'on agreement between the parties.' Hmmmmmmmmm....

Anyway the boy was not squeaky clean and who knows the 'rest of the story' as Paul Harvey would say.

She's gone and he's gone, end of story!!
millville

Montgomery, PA

#13 Mar 26, 2010
Hughesville Grandmother wrote:
The correct term is ' nolle prosequi ' meaning 'an admission that the charges cannot be proved' or one of the reasons 'the district attorney has become convinced that the accused is innocent',and charges are dropped 'on agreement between the parties.' Hmmmmmmmmm....
Anyway the boy was not squeaky clean and who knows the 'rest of the story' as Paul Harvey would say.
She's gone and he's gone, end of story!!
Well if i thought everyone could speak LATIN i would have wrote that.she was the teacher and he was the "student" no matter what rumor of how squeaky clean someone is.So if you commit a crime and leave the area end of story your innocent NOT.
Michael A Villacrusis

Salem, WV

#14 Apr 6, 2010
millville wrote:
<quoted text>So if you commit a crime and leave the area end of story your innocent NOT.
First, sir, my wife did NOT commit a crime, and you don't need to know Latin to understand that. In fact, if there's any Latin that should be invoked here, it is the fallacy YOU committed of "post hoc ergo propter hoc" by stating that because WE (and please take note of the plural) moved away, then she must not be innocent.

Would you like to know why we moved away?

We moved because I did not want my wife or my two daughters having to face the sneering stares and supercilious whispers of people such as yourself. We moved to get away from self-appointed judges, juries, and executioners such as yourself. Most importantly, we moved to put some distance between us and the monster who did this to my wife, a monster who is living in your community, a monster who - thanks to people like you - believes that he can do whatever he wants to whomever he wants and can get away with it.

And when I see that more than three years after the fact people like you still find some need to slander my wife, then I am damn glad we moved.

Enjoy your moral superiority while you can, because you build your self-righteous house on a foundation of sand.
millville

Slippery Rock, PA

#15 Apr 10, 2010
do cameras lie? im not wispering about nothing.a jury what jury obviously there was none.its called free america.if your wife was raped by a monster then i myself would want justice at its fullest.so that it didnt happen to anyone else.of course you would move away then,but you all chose to move away when some monster supposedy did something to your wife.i am a betting man and i bet they had some fun came out of a room tucking there clothes in and that was that.oh not my wife nothing like that could ever happen.how could i look and sneer at you and your family when i dont even now what you look like.get real dude.
Michael A Villacrusis

Mcgaheysville, VA

#16 Apr 12, 2010
Cameras DON'T lie, "dude."

Have you seen the hours of supposedly incriminating video? I have. If you had seen the videos, then you could point out that students and staff members actually went into the office during the time period he claimed things occurred. If you had seen the videos, then you could point out that nearly 100 students and staff walked right by the unlocked room where things allegedly took place.

I should also note that when we were finally given the videos MONTHS later, they actually corroborated everything my wife had said right from the very beginning. The same can't be said of what her attacker alleged.

You say don't know what I look like, yet you have no problem hurling accusations at me and presuming that you know why I did what I did. You assume you know the truth, or perhaps somehow you receive some special divine guidance as to what really happened.

"Dude," you haven't got a clue. Of course, if you actually knew all the facts and realized how much they vindicate my wife, you'd probably come up with some "reasons" to explain why they don't apply to your assumptions about what happened.

I guess the thing that really leaves me scratching my head is that YEARS after the fact, you feel compelled to sling mud at us. Why? So you can flaunt your moral superiority to us lesser beings? So you feel better about yourself for making nasty comments about people you admit you don't even know? So that while hiding behind the cloak of anonymity you can finish the job that the punk started?

Thanks for proving the point I made about moving away. Yeah, people such as you are EXACTLY the reason I wanted to move away. Try not to choke on your self-righteousness.
millville

Slippery Rock, PA

#20 Apr 24, 2010
oh sorry was choking a little bit.not.not slinging mud.just amused at how innocent you make your wife out to be.
Lucy

Kingston, PA

#24 May 30, 2010
I'm so sorry people can be so ignorant. We're falsely accused too and it's a storm nobody knows how horrible it is, unless they live it. The damage to your reputation, even if you are proven innocent. You made the right decision moving away. I'm so sorry for what your family went through. I just got to this webgpage because because I was googling news in hughesville, and bumped into this headline. I wish you peace and courage to forgive those that put your family through this. God bless you.
hummm

Muncy, PA

#25 Aug 26, 2010
Michael A Villacrusis wrote:
Cameras DON'T lie, "dude."
Have you seen the hours of supposedly incriminating video? I have. If you had seen the videos, then you could point out that students and staff members actually went into the office during the time period he claimed things occurred. If you had seen the videos, then you could point out that nearly 100 students and staff walked right by the unlocked room where things allegedly took place.
I should also note that when we were finally given the videos MONTHS later, they actually corroborated everything my wife had said right from the very beginning. The same can't be said of what her attacker alleged.
You say don't know what I look like, yet you have no problem hurling accusations at me and presuming that you know why I did what I did. You assume you know the truth, or perhaps somehow you receive some special divine guidance as to what really happened.
"Dude," you haven't got a clue. Of course, if you actually knew all the facts and realized how much they vindicate my wife, you'd probably come up with some "reasons" to explain why they don't apply to your assumptions about what happened.
I guess the thing that really leaves me scratching my head is that YEARS after the fact, you feel compelled to sling mud at us. Why? So you can flaunt your moral superiority to us lesser beings? So you feel better about yourself for making nasty comments about people you admit you don't even know? So that while hiding behind the cloak of anonymity you can finish the job that the punk started?
Thanks for proving the point I made about moving away. Yeah, people such as you are EXACTLY the reason I wanted to move away. Try not to choke on your self-righteousness.
I just tripped across this. Some of theese people just like to stir sh*t. ignore them if they haven't stopped running their mouths by now they never wil...until they have their next bit of gossip and rumors to spred.
Jess Todd

Mohrsville, PA

#26 Mar 13, 2011
Michael A Villacrusis wrote:
Cameras DON'T lie, "dude."
I guess the thing that really leaves me scratching my head is that YEARS after the fact, you feel compelled to sling mud at us. Why? So you can flaunt your moral superiority to us lesser beings? So you feel better about yourself for making nasty comments about people you admit you don't even know? So that while hiding behind the cloak of anonymity you can finish the job that the punk started?
Thanks for proving the point I made about moving away. Yeah, people such as you are EXACTLY the reason I wanted to move away. Try not to choke on your self-righteousness.
I'm sorry this had to happen to your wife. It is a tragedy. She was very helpful when I was in high school. If you see this, Mike, would it be possible to pass this message on to her? I would like to thank her for looking out for me in high school. Thanks.

Jess Todd
jessicaetodd@gmail.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Muncy Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tresspasser (Jun '14) Nov '14 longshot 4
Review: Griffins Grill (Jun '14) Jun '14 Kim 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Pennsylvan... (Oct '10) Nov '13 dont vote 53
mva (Oct '13) Oct '13 hazzel 1
The secrets to success (Sep '13) Sep '13 Russell Freibert 1
Beaver Lake Wilderness Club (Apr '13) Apr '13 Esther Tizio 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Pennsylvan... (Oct '10) Oct '12 Satisfied Mind 12
Muncy Valley Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Muncy Valley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:14 pm PST

NBC Sports 5:14PM
Boston College's Ryan Day joins Philadelphia Eagles staff
NBC Sports 5:15 PM
Eagles hire Chip Kelly protege as quarterbacks coach
Bleacher Report 6:12 PM
5 Mistakes Steelers Can't Repeat in Offseason
Bleacher Report 9:03 PM
Should Eagles Target Upgrades at WR?
Bleacher Report 9:30 PM
5 Changes Eagles Must Make This Offseason