Designer Purse Lure for Muncy Mall Rapes

Designer Purse Lure for Muncy Mall Rapes

Posted in the Muncy Forum

Concerned Resident

Tuscaloosa, AL

#1 Oct 12, 2009
Has anyone heard of the designer purse left a parking lot in the Muncy mall.

When a girl stops to check it out she is surrounded by a gang and then bruttaly raped.

These are the rumors running around Muncy about the gang related rapes happening at the Muncy mall.

These rumors are starting because of people with scanners.

People should be warned about the Muncy mall area and the progress of the investigation.

Any info is appreciated.
abrooks

Muncy, PA

#2 Oct 13, 2009
It was on the radio today that all of these stories are fake. The only situation that actually happened was the one on Wentzler Road with the 62 year old female. They still have not caught these individuals so it is important for us all to be on the watch.
stryker

Muncy, PA

#3 Oct 13, 2009
I too would like to know where these have happened. There are rumors upon rumors mostly spread by people just trying to get a few minutes of fame. The cops won't tell a damn thing because somebody has told them to hush, as far as I am concerned but WHY HUSH! This is our safety at stake people! The information might just be the key to save a life!
jmw0107

Tuscaloosa, AL

#4 Oct 17, 2009
I agree with Stryker, why no information forthcoming like a description of the attackers, their vehicle, whatever? I mean, wouldn't that help with their apprehension??
Formerly from Muncy

Muncy, PA

#5 Oct 20, 2009
I too have heard a great deal of rumors, and was questioning why the news was not covering it. I have heard everything from three different rapes to the 62 year old lady dying from her injuries. Of course along with these rumors is the one spreading that the police are keeping it hushed up because of it being gang related.

After hearing all the rumors I began to search out news accounts and only one rape was actually reported. It appears the state police are even trying to wade their way though the amount of rumors flying about.
I strongly believe though that a lot of the rumors stem from the e-mail that is being passed around.

The email claims to be written by a nurse from Williamsport hospital that was on duty the night of the reported rape. She sent the email to a friend warning them not to stop for a baby left in the road, since that is what apparently happened to this victim.

Emails and text messages are forwarded so quickly without people taking the time to verify what they are reading. In this case I believe they have added to the rumor craze.

I personally do not forward information on without making sure the infomation is accurate. So to be clear here. As of date there was only reported rate and it occured Oct 12 to a 62 year old lady.

There has been no follow up or additional information provided.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Muncy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tresspasser (Jun '14) Dec '16 Jenwance 9
News Democrat candidate for PA Atty General Josh Sha... (Nov '16) Nov '16 mike kelley 2
Greg Drollinger Gets Patrolman of the year? (Feb '09) Jul '16 Amos Chipotle 3
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Pennsylvan... (Oct '10) Mar '16 Drums leprechaun 54
News Theater Marquee Drums Up Controversy in Muncy (Jan '16) Jan '16 Richard Allen 1
What happened to the Barto thread? (May '10) Nov '15 Kcp 373
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Pennsylvan... (Oct '10) Aug '15 Archie Bunker 8

Muncy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Muncy Mortgages