Muncie men arrested in pharmacy robberies

Feb 19, 2009 Full story: The Star Press Muncie News 16

Tuesday night was not the first time Joel Wood Sandel had entered the Walgreen's Pharmacy at 100 E. McGalliard Road armed with a handgun and demanding the store's OxyContin supply, authorities say.

Full Story
always a victim

Muncie, IN

#1 May 21, 2009
I want to thank you for ruining me and making me a scared person. You have no idea what you've done to me and how your gun being held up to me has haunted me still. Being a single mother of 2, my life flashed before me those long few minutes as I smelled your alcohol filled breath while you robbed me of the pills you demanded. Hate the sketch of your face that haunts me in the dark. Ill never forget.
drugczar

Hamilton, MT

#2 May 21, 2009
i know whatu mean lady bout the samethinghappened to me. and my naked wife.

“Crossin bridges one at a time”

Since: May 09

Annapolis, Maryland

#3 May 21, 2009
How horrible. I grieve for ou. Im so sorry that this happended to you. i hope your employer arranges or a victims asst program to help you with these horrible meories.

Always a victim. Why do you say this. It does not have to be so, the tide can turn and you can control your life and emotions again. It will take much tenacity, and strength on your part, but he left you your life. it will be what you choose to take away from this, let him own you forever or put him in his place, in jail, if the opportunity arises and thank God that you ARE alive ans CAN be well again. It will take.......time. Please post back.

There are some impersonators on this forum (not many, but mean), so if a message pops up that looks like its from me, but isnt in a green box, with Sarasota, Florida, PLEASE DISREGARD, ITS THE ONE PLAYING HATEFUL GAMES.

I am concerned for you and I too have had some pretty traumatic things happen in my lifetime(lot on this forum have), so if it helps just to talk, please post. Kindest regards and best of luck to you. Sincerely, Mystic
piercit

United States

#4 May 21, 2009
drugczar wrote:
i know whatu mean lady bout the samethinghappened to me. and my naked wife.
Hey you alright i saw what that gay boy wrote. I fkn hate smart a$$ queers nothing worse..he probably wieghs 125 soaking wet ....frustrating..i know

Hamilton, MT

#5 May 21, 2009
naw i dont get to gay bash and beatup on an ijgin all at the same time it was great.

Hamilton, MT

#6 May 21, 2009
Mystic just get the hell off topix. go somewhere else for a while come back change your name and guit letting that little fa git type for you.

Hamilton, MT

#7 May 21, 2009
any body that stays with their gay child molester for life has some serious issues.
always a victim

Muncie, IN

#8 May 21, 2009
thank you. I am working on my recovery everyday. I am slowly working away from the hate I feel for this man. I wish he knew what he has done to me. Im happy he was caught and I hope he thinks about what hes done everyday he sits behind those bars. Thank you for your kind words. Means alot

“Crossin bridges one at a time”

Annapolis, Maryland

#9 May 21, 2009
YOU mean a LOT. Too much to let him further own you, whether it's constant thought or nightmares. Closure is what you will eventually need, but this can take time. Just a in a situation where someone is grieving the loss of a loved one, everybody handles tragically horrible, traumatic events differently. Therapy, ive found IS the best solution for both myself and others I've known. Why do you think they get paid so much, because they help and are completely unbiased. Well some are, but if you bought a pair of shoes and they did not fit, you wouldn't keep wearing them till you got blisters. Same w/ therapists, a person needs to find one hey can relate to. After all they are human and make mistakes to whether its being poor at what they do or just greedy. many people after one visit that is bad give the whole idea up. thats not good. it's the ones running around that grew up being taught that if you seek counseling (just by irtue of doing it) then you're crazy. It's people that go "postal" so to speak or torment people that are already tormented that are the ones that NEED it the MOST. If this man is given the proper treatment (and dont assume he will, because sometimes victims are sorely disappointed) in the justice system, this should help you. the wheels od justice turn so slowly, sometimes on wonders if they turn at all, so waiting for closure "that route", isn't something that is productive or healthy for you. There are many resources available in our Communities for people like you, you just have to use that tenacity that has brought you THIS far and seek them out. Stay busy with that or anything constuctive to keep yor mind from straying back in to the control this man has forced on you. i reiterate, he spared your life, but dont let him hand you back a package of crap. Take control back and be happy. You deserve AT THE VERY LEAST THAT after what you have been through. Again, my heart goes out to you and I/we are here for you, to listen and reply to your posts and help in any way you can. You've done GREAT already, you skimmed past all the negative stuff, hopefully didnt bother reading and was able to reach me. I have/ some old timers too problems wih that sometimes. Youre gonna be okay. Day at a time, hour at a time, you be the judge, but be kind to yourself please and get whatever good there is that can come from such a terrible, terrible act of Man's inhumanity to Man (woman).Please excuse typos! Sincerely, Mystic

Hamilton, MT

#10 May 21, 2009
listen eugen. and listen wisely get off your mommas computer. we can hardly standher let alone a come guzzling pimple wace weasel. do you change your voice to sound femy? isnt that being fake? im white butif ihang with black dudes i dont get all forsheezy with it.
thing deep and image what that soft creamy poonani feels like squeezing on your shaft while the girl give a lil reach around for some ass play.lol
gulf war vet

Muncie, IN

#13 Oct 13, 2011
trauma is bein in a live mine field. did joel threaten your life? do you know the gun wasnt loaded?? do you know even if it was it didnt work? joel has/had a disease. he's done his time the state of indiana says ghes rehabiltated, he doesnt need your approval, though he's sorry you experienced what you went through.... let it go. i was IN a minefield 20 years ago, you dont know trauma, you're a civilian, you're scared... thats ok, be what you are... but you dont have to hgate jopel anymore... he'ds no threat to you, or anyone...
joel

Muncie, IN

#14 Jan 18, 2012
i never held a gun to anyone though i know i did rob the pharmacY AND PRESENT A gun it was never held to you nor anyone else. i can feel that it was probably a tramatic experience for you i am extremely sorry for any pain or suffering that i have caused u. i was addicted to drugs and did what i knew to do to get them i did my time served my sentence and that shoyld be the end of it
Wow

Berne, IN

#15 Jan 21, 2012
joel wrote:
i never held a gun to anyone though i know i did rob the pharmacY AND PRESENT A gun it was never held to you nor anyone else. i can feel that it was probably a tramatic experience for you i am extremely sorry for any pain or suffering that i have caused u. i was addicted to drugs and did what i knew to do to get them i did my time served my sentence and that shoyld be the end of it
You are a dirt bag and there will never be a end. Served your sentence my butt. People like you make me sick.
get a life

United States

#16 Apr 8, 2012
Dont none of yall know joel and he is a,hard working man who provides for his family... Yea it was a scary situation but a bit dramatic sayin u gon be scared for life lady this is muncie indiana u livin here puts u at these risks get over it he aint trippin ova you nor does he care so word of advice if u dont want to encounter scary situations keep ur ass locked in the house...to the comment above get real its life ride wit it or end it
lol

Lanesville, IN

#17 Apr 19, 2012
WORD
MommaMio

San Antonio, TX

#18 Aug 12, 2013
I knew Joel years ago, and it makes me sad to know how he did this; however, I do know he's genuine, and deep down, he's a good person, who comes from a wonderful family.
I pray that he has used this as a learning experience, and grown from it.
I also pray for his victims. when he says he's sorry, I know he means it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Muncie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beware of SEAN MOREILLON (Aug '14) 11 hr Neighborhood Watch 74
k of c bingo Feb 23 pissed off bingo ... 1
Bushes, tress and shrubs need some wintertime t... Feb 18 Vermin Extractor 1
looking for pain relief... Feb 17 Mark 3
Coroner: Hartford City man shot several times, ... Feb 7 Happy Couple 1
Lifeboat Quartet (Dec '09) Feb 7 PREACHER 7
Christina isenburg take care of your kids Feb 3 Truth 4
Muncie Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web