Schools open clinics for employees

Schools open clinics for employees

There are 18 comments on the The Star Press story from Sep 15, 2012, titled Schools open clinics for employees. In it, The Star Press reports that:

School districts trying to save money are getting help from a doctor. Or the health and wellness clinic, to be exact.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Star Press.

they still are held

United States

#1 Sep 15, 2012
Great benefit, I work for Toyota, they have a walk in clinic staffed by a doctor, NP, and nurses in an attempt to keep 8000 employees healthy and working
Budman

Rushville, IN

#2 Sep 16, 2012
By your title. What school has a clinic for it's employees? Fayette Co. Schools doesn't.
Okee Dokee

Connersville, IN

#3 Sep 18, 2012
The story is in the Star Press and the schools they are referring to are in Muncie. Do you seriously believe Fayette County Schools would do anything of the sort for this community? All they want to do is make more unemployment by outsourcing jobs. Thank you Leslie Jacobs the number one supporter of outsourcing.
Make a Stand

Grissom Afb, IN

#5 Sep 22, 2012
You are 100% correct!!! Leslie Jacobs wants to outsource all jobs at the school!!! She was overheard saying that she does not care about anyone in this town and they can kiss her azz!!!

Time for the people in Connersville to take a stand and vote her azz off the school board!!!

Vote for Ron Spurlock and he will make all the necessary changes to stop the outsourcing and stand up to the school administration!!!
Jennifer

Franklin, IN

#6 Sep 22, 2012
Make a Stand wrote:
You are 100% correct!!! Leslie Jacobs wants to outsource all jobs at the school!!! She was overheard saying that she does not care about anyone in this town and they can kiss her azz!!!
Time for the people in Connersville to take a stand and vote her azz off the school board!!!
Vote for Ron Spurlock and he will make all the necessary changes to stop the outsourcing and stand up to the school administration!!!
Others have also said that they would stand up to the administration.....then, they get on the Board...the administrators start their smooth talking and intimidation tactics... I WILL vote for Mr. Spurlock...in hopes that he will be the one who will stand up to the Board....BUT, it will take more than just ONE! THAT is the other issue...
Warden

Batesville, IN

#7 Sep 23, 2012
How many positions are on the ballot for school board in November? Just curious because I don't get Cville news paper. Also don't live in this distric but have close ties to people with children in FCSC.

Have to agree with Jennifer in that many elected have said they would change things but it takes a majority to make changes when it comes to anything.

What positions are being discussed as far as outsourcing goes? School buses? Janitorial?They've outsourced the lunch program so what is left?
Okee Dokee

Connersville, IN

#8 Sep 24, 2012
Warden wrote:
How many positions are on the ballot for school board in November? Just curious because I don't get Cville news paper. Also don't live in this distric but have close ties to people with children in FCSC.
Have to agree with Jennifer in that many elected have said they would change things but it takes a majority to make changes when it comes to anything.
What positions are being discussed as far as outsourcing goes? School buses? Janitorial?They've outsourced the lunch program so what is left?
I am not sure exactly how many seats are open for the November election. If you really want to vote for the ones that will absolutely make a stand for what is right is Ron Spurlock and Sheila Sturgeon. I know at least those two are running and they don't fear Administration like others. Curtis Griffin wants to do what is right, but he is just one vote and he gets bullied by the others because they don't respect him. So if Ron, Sheila and Curtis are on the same page and the community can vote for one more person who will do what's right, then that will be the majority and maybe this school corporation can see some changes for the better. This is just my 2 cents worth.
Okee Dokee

Connersville, IN

#9 Sep 24, 2012
Make a Stand wrote:
What is funny about Leslie Jacobs is that her children either were or are homeschooled, so why would she care? She wasn't even elected to the school board anyway, she was appointed by Dr. Hodges when a seat came open. Sounds a little fishy, huh?
Warden

Batesville, IN

#10 Sep 25, 2012
Okee Dokee wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure exactly how many seats are open for the November election. If you really want to vote for the ones that will absolutely make a stand for what is right is Ron Spurlock and Sheila Sturgeon. I know at least those two are running and they don't fear Administration like others. Curtis Griffin wants to do what is right, but he is just one vote and he gets bullied by the others because they don't respect him. So if Ron, Sheila and Curtis are on the same page and the community can vote for one more person who will do what's right, then that will be the majority and maybe this school corporation can see some changes for the better. This is just my 2 cents worth.
Thanks for answering some of my questions OD. Unfortunately, I'm unable to vote in this election as I moved out of Fayette Co years ago. I've remained loyal to Spartan sports, band, choir, school staff, teachers, parents and children in this community. I'd like to share some figures with voters to consider when they go to the booth in November.

The 2000 Fayette Co census was 25,558.
The 2010 Fayette Co census was 24,277.
This reflects a decrease of 1133 in population. The census could be either higher or lower now but IMO, due to lack of jobs, it could be lower.

All the while that Fayette Co census was declining, the amount of doctorate degree personnel was rising in FCSC. In a county as poor as Fayette is, do we really need 5 doctorate degreed people out there on the hill? Since the Assistant Superintendent retired, there may only be 4. Whatever did we do during Fayette Counties "hey days" of the 70's, 80's and 90's? Please don't get me wrong as I'm a huge advocate of higher education but along with a doctorate comes a huge salary and benefits package. The News Examiner used to publish the salaries of FCSC employees shortly after school started but this may have changed. At any rate, it's a matter of public record and shouldn't be difficult to find out.
Would the bottom drop out of our school system if the Human Resources Director and a HS Principal didn't hold these degree just to name a few? I think not. I totally agree that a school superintendent should hold this degree. I'm unaware that there is a law in which any corporation has to employee doctorates for Principals and Human Resources Directors. If so, I gladly stand corrected.

Being a board member requires a high level of understanding when it comes to reading and adopting a yearly budget. They also need to have a good understanding of labor law just to name a few. There are also countless hours of responsibility when it comes to calls received at home from parents.

By following school sports, I do know that Leslie's daughter attended HS but I'm unsure about the lower grades. In the next few years privatization may becore a huge topic for the corporation. The areas I personally see could be bus drivers and janitorial staff. Hope I'm wrong. IMO, privatization doesn't work well. Sure, it may improved the bottom line but at what cost?
they still are held

United States

#11 Sep 25, 2012
Leslie's children attended Everton Elementary when my children were there as well as CHS.
Leslie Needs To Go

Thorntown, IN

#12 Sep 29, 2012
Leslie needs to go without question! Just watch her at the school board meetings. All she does is nod her head with agreement with anything Hodges tells her. She is nothing but a puppet for Hodges. She also does not care about the people in Connersville since she wants to outsource all jobs! If a job opens up at the school look who they hire people from outside of Connersville! Leslie was overheard saying that the people in Connersville are fools and will not stand up for themselves. Ron Spurlock has my vote because he will listen to all the people and not let Hodges walk all over him. Sturgeon is another one to vote for inside the city limits. She was another one that would question the administration and stand up to them.
Vote for Me

Connersville, IN

#13 Oct 12, 2012
So this thread went from a school doing some sort of clinic for the community in Muncie to the school board race in Fayette County. Interesting...so who are people actually going to vote for in Fayette County school board race?
Teresa

Franklin, IN

#14 Oct 12, 2012
Vote for Me wrote:
So this thread went from a school doing some sort of clinic for the community in Muncie to the school board race in Fayette County. Interesting...so who are people actually going to vote for in Fayette County school board race?
Anyone who is a former teacher...and understands the politics that go on in the FCSC!
My Opinion

Connersville, IN

#15 Oct 13, 2012
Teresa wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who is a former teacher...and understands the politics that go on in the FCSC!
That's funnny, wasn't 2 former teachers on the board when they chose to close down 2 schools and and renew Hodges' contract with a 12,000.00 bonus every year and not even question it? Now that's really understanding the politics.
Teresa

Franklin, IN

#16 Oct 13, 2012
My Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funnny, wasn't 2 former teachers on the board when they chose to close down 2 schools and and renew Hodges' contract with a 12,000.00 bonus every year and not even question it? Now that's really understanding the politics.
Can't deny that. We need people who will have the b***s to stand up to the Administration.
My Opinion

Connersville, IN

#17 Oct 14, 2012
Teresa wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't deny that. We need people who will have the b***s to stand up to the Administration.
That's were we agree, but ex-teachers are not the ones that are going to do that.
Teresa

Franklin, IN

#18 Oct 14, 2012
Some ex-teachers "might"...especially if we have 2 or 3 on the board who will AGREE with each other to do something about the problem!! Hopefully!!
junior

Lafayette, IN

#19 Oct 14, 2012
Teresa wrote:
Some ex-teachers "might"...especially if we have 2 or 3 on the board who will AGREE with each other to do something about the problem!! Hopefully!!
Ron Jr is running for school board not his dad the teacher

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Muncie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ball State Sluts Aug 20 brad 6
BSU college gals Aug 19 Bstate98 1
Pokemon go Aug 12 Pok-e-ohh 2
Valerie Craw Aug 11 Wondering 1
Pain & Corruption (Jan '13) Aug 11 Slicktrack 29
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) Aug 3 IMHO 93
Does anyone know Brandy Wages? She went to York... Jul 26 Girl next door 2

Muncie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Muncie Mortgages