Scott

Charleston, WV

#1 Feb 12, 2009
On Feb. 7th & 8th the Wyoming County Starz competed in a 2 day event held by America's Best to crown their national champion. Similar competitions were held at various regions with the winners to compete in the United States Finals to be held in May. Both Starz teams competed against several other teams that had also recieved bids to attend this competition. On Sunday the Little Starz became the America's Best 2009 National Champion for their division. Maybe (I doubt it though) people can read this and just say congradulations to the Little Starz for this amazing acomplishment and not try to find some way to cheapen this by being ignorant. But like I said, I doubt it. And for the record, BOTH teams did outstanding against unbelievable competition. So, if anyone would like to post negative comments, we might pay attention to you after we get back from THE UNITED STATES FINALLS!!!!!
Confused

United States

#2 Feb 12, 2009
What nation are they champions of? If you are going to the US Finals how can you already be National Champions? That is a bit confusing.

Did you win a division regional of a national championship series? Now you are going to compete against other regional winners at the US finals?

Any way you slice it, it is a very nice thing. Good luck at the US Finals.
thats right

Ithaca, NY

#3 Feb 12, 2009
I must say im alittle confused too. If they won nationals, why is there a United States finals? Doesnt make sense. Btw I was told neither team was going to the US finals.

Anyways Congratulations girls, NICE JOB!! You all should be very proud!!!

Oh and Scott way to ask for compliments while being mean yourself...just an observation
confused

AOL

#4 Feb 14, 2009
Ok, I'm confused. The starz are great, but here's my question. They say that they are the champs of whatever national something. But the Beckley Blaze(a competition squad out of Jerry's gym in Beckley) are also some kind of champs. Both are good, I'm not hatin' but why dont they ever compete against each other. They have kids in the same age range, so shouldn't they compete somewhere her in the state AGAINST each other? And why are there only a handful of squads that the Starz compete against when they travel for hours to get to some competions, sometimes only competing against a certain score? Seems to me that if it was a regional or National thing, there would be 20-30 squads competing in each division. I'm not saying anything hateful, so please don't take it that way. As far as the Blaze, I'm not sure how many they compete against, I've only saw them once practicing when my daughter was in Gymnastics over there.
FYI

United States

#5 Feb 15, 2009
confused wrote:
Ok, I'm confused. The starz are great, but here's my question. They say that they are the champs of whatever national something. But the Beckley Blaze(a competition squad out of Jerry's gym in Beckley) are also some kind of champs. Both are good, I'm not hatin' but why dont they ever compete against each other. They have kids in the same age range, so shouldn't they compete somewhere her in the state AGAINST each other? And why are there only a handful of squads that the Starz compete against when they travel for hours to get to some competions, sometimes only competing against a certain score? Seems to me that if it was a regional or National thing, there would be 20-30 squads competing in each division. I'm not saying anything hateful, so please don't take it that way. As far as the Blaze, I'm not sure how many they compete against, I've only saw them once practicing when my daughter was in Gymnastics over there.
Many different divisions and age groups. Most all teams at these competitions only compete against 3 to 4 teams and btw, 4 is considered a lot. The Starz did great and beat teams from Tennessee and South Carolina. They don't compete against Beckley because the age and the number of girls.
FYItoo

United States

#6 Feb 16, 2009
To be honest, there were not teams from SC and TN that the lil starz competed against....there was one team from SC and one team from TN that they competed against....they competed against two teams...that is all...they did indeed beat the other two teams and that is very good...and they are very entertaining and fun to watch....but America's Best Cheer and Dance competitions are staged throughout the country and they advertise National Championships at all their competitions, not just this one....they even have more than one "national championship competition in TN....I do enjoy the Starz, but let's not get carried away, plz. By the way, CONGRATUILATIONS on a super job...we are all proud of you!
caring person

Beckley, WV

#7 Mar 1, 2009
FYItoo wrote:
To be honest, there were not teams from SC and TN that the lil starz competed against....there was one team from SC and one team from TN that they competed against....they competed against two teams...that is all...they did indeed beat the other two teams and that is very good...and they are very entertaining and fun to watch....but America's Best Cheer and Dance competitions are staged throughout the country and they advertise National Championships at all their competitions, not just this one....they even have more than one "national championship competition in TN....I do enjoy the Starz, but let's not get carried away, plz. By the way, CONGRATUILATIONS on a super job...we are all proud of you!
Yes we are all proud so quiet trying to diagnose these childrens talent. the trophy is proof, they are the NATIONAL CHAMPS
FYI

United States

#8 Mar 1, 2009
FYItoo wrote:
To be honest, there were not teams from SC and TN that the lil starz competed against....there was one team from SC and one team from TN that they competed against....they competed against two teams...that is all...they did indeed beat the other two teams and that is very good...and they are very entertaining and fun to watch....but America's Best Cheer and Dance competitions are staged throughout the country and they advertise National Championships
at all their competitions, not just this one....they even have more than one "national championship competition in TN....I do enjoy the Starz, but let's not get carried away, plz. By the way, CONGRATUILATIONS on a super job...we are all proud of you!
For one thing, you don't care about the children on these teams and you acting like it makes me sick. Your name on the post says everything about you FYITOO so cut the crap. These are innocent 5-7 yr old children. When I said teams, I meant the 2 teams that we beat (SC and Tenn) What does it matter? I would have been just as proud if they had only beat one team or just the score that you are so worried about everyong knowing. You are pathetic and don't even get on her trying to explain yourself. Be proud of who you are. If you have a problem with anyone, don't get on here and try to take away from these girls. You have found out all this info. which is unreal, especially if you don't have a child involved.
oh stop it

Beckley, WV

#9 Mar 1, 2009
These little girls love getting dressed up and performing and they are GREAT at it. If you would go to a competition and watch all the teams compete you would get excited for them. The small team did win America's Best Champs this year in TN and they were so good.(I think someone made a mistake by saying US Finals so don't hold it against him.) There were actually 4 teams competing in the small division and I have the program to prove it. They also placed first in other competitions this season too. Instead of getting on here and questioning the STARZ and their competitions all the time, why don't you just go out there and watch them and give these little girls some support for what they are doing? They will be our high school cheerleaders someday and they will be great at it because of what they are doing now. CONGRATS STARZ! You guys did a wonderful job this year!
Concerned

United States

#10 Mar 1, 2009
Scott wrote:
On Feb. 7th & 8th the Wyoming County Starz competed in a 2 day event held by America's Best to crown their national champion. Similar competitions were held at various regions with the winners to compete in the United States Finals to be held in May. Both Starz teams competed against several other teams that had also recieved bids to attend this competition. On Sunday the Little Starz became the America's Best 2009 National Champion for their division. Maybe (I doubt it though) people can read this and just say congradulations to the Little Starz for this amazing acomplishment and not try to find some way to cheapen this by being ignorant. But like I said, I doubt it. And for the record, BOTH teams did outstanding against unbelievable competition. So, if anyone would like to post negative comments, we might pay attention to you after we get back from THE UNITED STATES FINALLS!!!!!
I have seen these girls perform. They are definately awesome. I can't believe that girls that little can do so well. But, I was also amazed at how the girls turn the backs to the crowd and bend over. I think that is a bit too "mature" for them. I am a little surprized that the parents of these little girls are ok with that. I have a daughter, and I would flip out if she were to get infront of a bunch of people and did that. But, congrats to them on the win. They really are good.
to concerned

Pineville, WV

#11 Mar 2, 2009
Are you the same one making polls about innocent high school girls, and you have a daughter yourself? hmmmm

“Let It Be”

Since: Aug 08

Mullens, West virginia

#12 Mar 2, 2009
A big congrats,Wyoming Co. Starz!!!!! Way to go....keep having FUN!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mullens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 10 min BIG Pork 100,384
Wyoming County Basketball 2016-17 6 hr fan 29
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Mar '10) 9 hr luci 10,972
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Wed cabin creek Cu m 4,010
any single women available in mullens? (May '09) Mar 20 Ho in the Know 46
fake preachers Mar 20 Jeramiah 11
iga Mar 18 Reba 3

Mullens Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mullens Mortgages