Gadgets

United States

#2 Jan 3, 2009
It wouldn't run very well like that.

“Let It Be”

Since: Aug 08

Mullens, West virginia

#3 Jan 3, 2009
Wouldn't that be akin to pouring sugar in your gas tank?
curious

Charleston, WV

#4 Jan 3, 2009
Any idea who could've done it???
heard of it

Welch, WV

#5 Jan 3, 2009
I've heard of it. A lady I used to work with said that it was worse than putting sugar in a gas tank. Since the sugar in cola is already dissolved, it would go through the engine easier and gunk up everything in a few days.
How Much Sugar

United States

#6 Jan 3, 2009
Someone broke in my house so I took a turkey baster suringe filled with sugar and emptied it in thier gas tank and that car ran for another year before they traded it in.
curious

Charleston, WV

#7 Jan 3, 2009
i bet its very expensive to get fixed. Am i the only one whose heard about it? lol
just me

United States

#8 Jan 4, 2009
Well if u ask me, this was very childish and they were CHICKEN SHIT. If he/she doesn't want u anymore,leave them alone and do what u do best,find another one!!! Pay backs are hell, and it just may be something worse than sugar in a tank!!!! If I remember correctly these childish young adults were supposed to have been raised in a christian home, RIGHT!!!!!
My Input

Oceana, WV

#9 Jan 4, 2009
just me wrote:
Well if u ask me, this was very childish and they were CHICKEN SHIT. If he/she doesn't want u anymore,leave them alone and do what u do best,find another one!!! Pay backs are hell, and it just may be something worse than sugar in a tank!!!! If I remember correctly these childish young adults were supposed to have been raised in a christian home, RIGHT!!!!!
Your right, and I don't know why the one put pop in her gas tank, It ant no different than her mommy sleeping around with married men that has kids, I guess its ok for them to do it, but not ok with someone to do it to them, but anyway I counldn't agree with you more.

“witchypoo”

Location hidden

#10 Jan 4, 2009
Before long I am sure Coca Cola will devise a way for vehicles to run on their product. With the way gas prices have been, I am sure they are looking to profit too....LOL

“Let It Be”

Mullens, West virginia

#11 Jan 4, 2009
WOW Opinions wrote:
Before long I am sure Coca Cola will devise a way for vehicles to run on their product. With the way gas prices have been, I am sure they are looking to profit too....LOL
I just think it's a waste of good Coca-Cola!!! LOL

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#12 Jan 4, 2009
Pouring sugar into someone's gas tank is rumored to ruin their car. Will it really?
It sounds great, especially if you have a grudge against someone. The problem with this rumor is that it simply isn't true. As it turns out, sugar doesn't dissolve in gasoline. Pouring sand into the gas tank would have about the same effect as pouring in sugar. The sand or sugar might clog up the filter, and that could disable the car, but it's not a sure thing.

So what do you do if you really do want to disable someone's car? Pour in some water. Gasoline floats on top of water, so if you pour in several cups of water, the fuel pump will fill the fuel lines with water instead of gasoline and the car would have some major problems.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
I know

United States

#13 Jan 4, 2009
Jedi, your'e only a damn kid, not old enough or smart enough to be a mechanic. My husband is a mechanic at a big dealership,and sugar will mess up a tank. Get your high school diploma and think about enrolling into mechanic school,before you speak!!!! Better yet, try pouring pop or sugar in your tank and see what happens. Be sure and come back, and tell us what happened!!!!

Location hidden

#14 Jan 4, 2009
I am an ASE certified automotive technician with 18 years on the job. I am certified in suspension /steering, Brakes/Air Conditioning/Engine performance and rebuild, exhaust and Manual drive train.I am also an ASE under car expert. I am also ASE, IMACA and MAC certified in air conditioning. I have received many seminar certificates including..Hybrid Technology, Advanced Computer diagnostics,and Engine Evaporative systems. I am also All-Data certified. I have been doing this for a long time and I know what I am doing. If your husband is such a good tech.( and I've found that most dealer techs are lost once they are away from their factory bulletins) ask him to define the word stoichmetric or ackerman angle and let me know what he says. Also ask him what a PO 440 or a PO 306 diagnostic trouble code means. Does he know what hexa-decimals are when talking about auto repair are? Does he know how to use mode $06 to daignose a vehicle? Does he know how a bad IAT sensor can set a cod for a bad HS2O sensor even when there is no problem with the H2O sensor? Or how bout' a EVAP problem leading to a misfire code? This is one area that you people don't want to go head to head with me. By the way, I got my high school diploma almost 30 years ago along with some college credit in the Army related to the automobile. I know what I'm talking about. The old wives tale about sugar in the tank is a load of crap. Search it any where on the net (assuming that you know how) and you will find that what I posted is true.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#15 Jan 4, 2009
Oh by the way I am two certifications away from being Master tech. And three from being L1 certified. But alas I am going in the mines because the auto repair industry screws it's employees and the mines actually pay you to be at work. Flat rate pay, commission systems and the like force you to work your ass off and don't reward any one for a job well done, and during the winter months you friggin' starve. Those who work at dealerships are really screwed when it comes to warranty work so I have never had a desire to work at one. BTW what dealership does your hubby work at? I hope and pray it's none of the ones in Beckley as they are among the worst jobs in the area. I know, I have friends who struggle at them.
Sadtoo

United States

#16 Jan 4, 2009
Go, Jedi, Go!

“Let It Be”

Mullens, West virginia

#17 Jan 4, 2009
I know wrote:
Jedi, your'e only a damn kid, not old enough or smart enough to be a mechanic. My husband is a mechanic at a big dealership,and sugar will mess up a tank. Get your high school diploma and think about enrolling into mechanic school,before you speak!!!! Better yet, try pouring pop or sugar in your tank and see what happens. Be sure and come back, and tell us what happened!!!!
Jedi and I have been happily married for 20 years and I can assure you...he's no damn kid!! He's one of the BEST mechanics in the region....whenever he worked at Western Auto and then moved to Montgomery Wards...his clients followed him...same thing when Wards closed it's doors and he went to another place...when he left that job(they had no insurance) again his clients only wanted HIM working on their cars.. He has people, by word of mouth alone (from WELL satisfied customers) requesting him to work on their cars. He is HONEST and never tries to screw anyone over to line his or the company's pockets. He left a job in N.Ca. because he wouldn't pull dirty tricks on customers as requested by his employer. HE KNOWS WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!! Obviously, YOU don't!!!
Charlie the chemist

Welch, WV

#18 Jan 4, 2009
I know wrote:
Jedi is right, sugar doesn't dissolve in gasoline. Maybe it's you who should go back to school and take a few more English and spelling classes. "Your'e"?

“Let It Be”

Mullens, West virginia

#19 Jan 4, 2009
I know wrote:
Do you STILL know...I KNOW?????
IT WONT WORK NOW

Oakland, MD

#20 Jan 4, 2009
YOU BOTH HAVE VALID POINTS AND YOU BOTH ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK. BUT THE POURING STUFF IN THE GAS TANK USED TO TAKE PLACE A LONG TIME AGO WHEN THERE WAS LEADED GAS AND THERE WERE FAR LESS ADDADITIVES IN THE FUEL THAN THERE ARE NOW. THE GAS COMPANIES PUT CHEMICALS IN THE FUELS TO DISSOLVE FORIEGN OBJECTS THAT MAY GET IN THE TANKS BY ACCIDENT OR NY VANDALISM. IT IS GOING TO BE HARD ENOUGH TO GET THE SODA OR SUGAR IN THE GAS TANK IF IT IS A NEW CAR THE WAY THE FUEL FILLERS ARE MADE BUT IF YOU ARE THAT HELL BENT TO DO IT THEN BY THE TIME IT GETS TO THE FUEL FILTER THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE IT WILL CATCH IT AND EITHER WARN THE DRIVER OR SEND AN ERROR CODE OR SHUT DOWN BEFORE ANY OF THE DAMAGING STUFF CAN GET TO THE ENGINES. SO THE BEST OLD SCHOOL WAY THE SCREW UP SOMEONES DAY FOR LESS THAN A DOLLAR IS A BOTTLE OF BRAKE FLUID AND POUR IT ON A DRY WINDSHIELD.....THEY WILL BE CALLING THE GLASS DOCTOR ASAP!!!HAVE FUN....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mullens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Mar '10) 40 min Whiny1 11,646
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 6 hr Diane of Laughter 4,318
Vape 18 hr Just me 2
the confederate flag & the nazi swastika (Aug '08) Dec 12 Pigglett 258
Fert Dec 10 Chris Nelson 2
What was the name of the band Randy Herold (sp?... (Feb '10) Dec 9 Dan Phillips 23
lawyers Dec 6 Tiny 1

Mullens Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mullens Mortgages